[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>top sliced hot dog buns WHY DOES THIS EXIST WHO DESIRED THIS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: hot-dog-buns.jpg (212 KB, 624x665) Image search: [Google]
hot-dog-buns.jpg
212 KB, 624x665
>top sliced hot dog buns

WHY DOES THIS EXIST

WHO DESIRED THIS
>>
>>7772845
Who knows but they should have been this way all along
>>
>>7772845
they are used for lobster rolls. It's called "new england style" and aren't intended for hot dogs.
>>
>>7772845
>not liking toasted top sliced buns slathered in butter
>>
>>7772857
that's right

sometimes they lightly butter the sides and toast them a bit on the grill.

these top buns are also cheaper to produce because they are made from a single loaf cut into portions, rather than hot dog buns which are seperate rolls baked together
>>
>>7772845
top sliced buns are superior to regular hotdog buns.

they don't get cut in half as easily, and you can toast em, which is nice.
>>
>>7772857
Ahhh, the classic 'ew 'gland 't'og. I always grab a few when I'm up in 'ston, they're killer with the 'ster and a bowl of 'lam 'der. That being said, I still think that 'go 't'ogs are the best off them all.
>>
File: boop.jpg (16 KB, 808x237) Image search: [Google]
boop.jpg
16 KB, 808x237
>>7772935
>>
These are common in Quebec.

I have nothing against them.
>>
>>7772964
He didn't mention chicago or pizza. You reply to the wrong person?
>>
>>7772845
I prefer them actually. Don't fall apart easily. I love the top split potato buns.

>>7772857
Also shrimp rolls. I've seen them peddled as coney buns before.
>>
>>7772857
2bh 'gland 'ster'olls are far better than 'go'dogs
>>
>>7772845
These are the best, way studier, much more pleasing to the eye as well. You can throw em on the griddle and get em nice golden brown on either side. I feel bad for people who don't live in new england
>>
File: 1430242816251.jpg (19 KB, 294x256) Image search: [Google]
1430242816251.jpg
19 KB, 294x256
>>7772935
>>
>>7773328
the less you ignore it, the less likely it will go away.
>>
>>7773328
>>7773334
What's wrong, you boys prefer 'ew 'ork style 't'ogs? The 'ig 'ple is nicr and all, but it just doesn't compare to Chi-town. You wanna talk about 'pean - style 'sage though, that's a whole nother category. I can dig some legit 'furt 'rauts or 'lish 'basa if that's more your speed.
>>
>>7772935

I want you to know that I love this meme and I'm glad you post it, it makes me laugh and brightens my day
>>
>>7772935
Jesus Christ... please stop.
>>
>>7773356
HAHAHAHA XDDDDDD THIS IS GOING RIGHT ON R/4CHAN
>>
>>7772935

This post is excellent.
>>
>>7772857
I've also heard the called 'Philadelphia rolls'. I think it was Jacques Pepin.
>>
>>7773101
Stop being alive
>>
>>7773077
>He didn't mention chicago
>I still think that 'go 't'ogs
>'go
>>
>>7772935
>'t'og
lmao
>>
The best thing about this meme is how effectively it triggers the flyovers it's designed to lampoon
>>
>>7773356
what's wrong with you
>>
>>7773964
I thought Philadelphia rolls were more like grinder/hoagie rolls to be used for cheesesteaks and italian pork sandwiches. New England seems to make more sense to me since lobster and other seafood rolls are the local specialty around the coast.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.