[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Go on, /ck/. Have a slice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: carrotkek.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
carrotkek.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
Go on, /ck/.

Have a slice.
>>
File: 1800.jpg (45 KB, 766x460) Image search: [Google]
1800.jpg
45 KB, 766x460
>cream cheese icing
>>
Carrot cake tastes great. Doesn't really taste like carrots though. Sort of like zucchini bread.
>>
>>7772403
I make a carrot cake for my birthday
>>
>>7772403
>sunk fruit at the bottom
intothetrash.jpg
>>
>>7772432
This.
I like fruit in cake but putting it in carrot cake is Stalin-tier.
>>
>>7772407
Why do people hate cream cheese frosting? I love that shit. you can use marshmallow fluff in it instead of sugar so you get better consistency and it's not as sweet.
>>
>>7772407
get fucked
t. philly
>>
>>7772407
The only edible icing.
>>
>>7772439
The fruit is fine, the problem is he didn't toss it in flour before adding it to the batter so it all suck to the bottom.
>>
>>7772490
Wow. Five years visiting /ck/, and I finally learn something about cooking.

This trick better work or I'll be very disappointed.
>>
>>7772407
>icing
You see those who call it icing are fucking retards, frosting master race
>>
>>7772457
>>7772407
Aren't 'frosting' and 'icing' two different things? Like... AFAIK, icing has no fat and frosting does, right? Since cream cheese frosting is made with cream cheese and butter, it would be frosting, have I got that right? And royal icing, which is egg whites, lemon juice, powdered sugar and colourant, is 'icing' because of that lack of fat.
Also texture: frosting is spreadable and icing is pourable, no?
>>
File: happy-stalin.webm (139 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
happy-stalin.webm
139 KB, 480x360
>>7772439
So, you mean it's great?
>>
File: dundee_cake.jpg (77 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
dundee_cake.jpg
77 KB, 450x300
>>7772511
It works, just take a couple tablespoons out of the usual amount otherwise it will fuck up your ratio.

On the subject of fruit for cakes always use zante currants over raisins unless the recipe has "Raisin" in the name and is a primary flavor. They are smaller, and have a more mild flavor.

Also soaking dried fruit for 6 hours or so in liquor (or apple juice if you're a faggot) is an advanced technique that is almost always a good idea. They will plump up and get softer and more flavorful. Just make sure to dry them well before using.

Boozy dense fruitcake that is well made is my favorite kind of cake. Bad fruitcake tastes like shit though.
>>
>carrots
>>
Flour sugar and fat tastes great but it's kinda like eating deep fried butter. It's carny-tier crap food.
>>
>>7772549
>tablespoons out of the usual amount
of flour that is to say. Reserve the flour from the normal measurement.

>>7772514
Same thing, mostly a British/American English thing or even regional.

The naming convention is coined in whatever was the popular term at the time as in Royal Icing for Queen Victoria's wedding cake which then became a standard.

American's are fond of "frosting" which due to German influences is very often a rich buttercream.
>>
>>7772403
>Costco cake
>>
>>7772403
>no raisins
>no eat
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.