[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you improve chicken soup?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
how do you improve chicken soup?
>>
>>7771715
Garlic
>>
Chicken 'go 'za?
>>
>>7771715
pepper cream and leeks or fennel instead of onions
>>
With a large reduction.

The larger your batch of stock is, with more vegetables and chicken parts, the more flavor will be imbued into it. When you reduce it down from a dozen quarts to just a single one, you're going to be left with a very thick and concentrated flavor. Once you have your base stock you can go ahead and add fresh ingredients which will reawaken and pair crazy well with the base flavor in each bite you take. There's really not much more to improve at that point, it's basically the perfect chicken soup. Anything after comes down to personal taste and preference. I like mine with a little more kick and vinegar to it so I'll add just a dash of hot sauce.
>>
>>7771715
start with a whole chicken, boil with veggies and seasonings of choice
when chicken is done, remove, debone and return bones to the liquid
keep at a low simmer to reduce for a few hours
strain tasty broth
add whatever veggies you like in your soup, and allow to cook
return chicken to stock and veggies
now as to how to do the noodles that depends, are you going to eat it all relatively soon? if yes then bring soup up to a boil and add noodles, after noodles are cooked thicken as necessary
if no then cook noodles separately and shock with cold water when done so your noodles remain firm and don't disintegrate later
>>
>>7771740
This. Also feel free to experiment with different herbs.
>>
>>7771715
your goza needs more cheese
>>
File: 1342077265572.jpg (848 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1342077265572.jpg
848 KB, 1920x1200
Have you added a bunch of salt but find that your soup still needs a little something?

Add a very small amount of lemon juice. The acid will bring out other flavours without making the soup lemony.
>>
>>7771743
you can also add a bunch of wings to this just to flavor the broth.
>>
>>7771755
what is going on in that picture
>>
>>7771766
oriental things.
>>
>>7771715
whole peppercorns
>>
Curry paste.
>>
>>7771715
By making Pho Ga
>>
>>7771715
Bay leaves. And I like a nice blonde roux with it too. And low and slow is the way to go
>>
Add bacon. Bacon improves everything XD
>>
>>7771755
This anon gets it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.