[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a shitloaf of potatoes and I want to use them. What can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: PotatoesBaked1.jpg (44 KB, 354x251) Image search: [Google]
PotatoesBaked1.jpg
44 KB, 354x251
I have a shitloaf of potatoes and I want to use them. What can I make with them beside mashed taters and baked potatoes?
>>
>>7771417
Paddy traps
>>
>>7771417
>>7744935
>>
Hashbrowns
Potato soup
French Fries
Potato bread
Tots
>>
>>7771417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi0yxXpv9WY
>>
Gnocchi (or any potato dumpling for that matter), potato rolls, potato chips for a get together, or just make a mash without the dairy and freeze it for enjoying later.
>>
>>7771417
My roommate takes shitloaves the size of large potatoes and footballs and always clogs the toilet and then leaves it clogged so i gotta plunge it
>>
>>7771417
Boil em, mash em, stick em in a Stew.
>>
>>7771417
Gratin Dauphinois

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qPLdGnFtAc
>>
>>7771417
>shitloaf

what
>>
File: des patates bordel.jpg (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
des patates bordel.jpg
49 KB, 500x375
French fag here. 2 of my favorites:

Find some Raclette cheese. Boil the potatoes and melt it on top (oven).

Or:

With a 2:1 ratio of potatoes:shallots by weight.

Cut shallots grossly. (usually halves)
Fry the shallots in olive oil until slightly yellow.
Add potatoes cut grossly.
Add butter fry together for 5 min, salt pepper.
Cover with water and cook until everything turns reaaaly soft. It's supposed to stick and gain color that way.
>>
>>7771760
Look at your keyboard.
>>
>>7771765

Pic somewhat related, it's supposed to look like this color but with a mashed potatoes texture.
>>
>>7771417

Make some stew? Or maybe some bread?
>>
>>7771417
slice em into coins cook em up with sliced onions in a lil bit of oil.
>>
>>7771417
Fry them, roast them, eat them hot.
>>
>>7771765
Begone! You are making me want to learn your language so I can hear more about these things.
>>
I did some twice-baked potatoes tonight...

I microwaved some baker potatoes, sliced lengthwise, scooped out the insides, and mashed it with some butter, sour cream, shredded old cheddar, chopped green onions, salt, pepper. Then I refilled the skins with the mixture and added some more cheddar on top.

Baked for maybe 20 min or so at 375 then broiled to brown the top. Added a dollop of sour cream and more green onions to serve.

Pretty good. Last time I had them (like 2 years ago) I whipped the filling and it was a nice texture.
>>
>>7771417

>shitloaf
>>
File: le toast.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
le toast.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>>7773145

I..i.. I'll translate f-for you s-sempai.
>>
>>7771417
potato skins.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.