[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to impress a girl i've been seeing for a few weeks,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 14656347816982054681842.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
14656347816982054681842.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
Want to impress a girl i've been seeing for a few weeks, what should i do with these?
>>
>>7770306
Pad your crotch with them to make your penis look huge.
>>
>>7770306
Looks like you should pan fry for 8-10 minutes and 3-4 minutes respectively
>>
Put them in a blender and coat your steak with the paste, and then get that shit medium rare.

If she doesn't put out, then put her out.
>>
you could make a salad with the prawns. as for the salmon, i'd just pan fry it for 8-10 minutes and google a side dish
>>
Get some Cajun seasoning for the salmon, prepare a simple salad of lettuce, tomato and avocado, dress with your favourite dressing.
Make garlic prawns.
A serve of rice on the side should do the trick.
>>
>>7770316
Thats what i was thinking, but i was afraid rice would be to bland/dry/lazy
>>
>>7770316
Rice? Have you ever even seen a woman naked up close?

Make that bitch a baked potato on the side. Bitches love potatoes.
>>
>>7770321
Serving the salmon on top of the rice is probably the best way to go, desu.
>>
>>7770306
sniff then and lick them, prepare yourself for her fishy cunt
>>
>>7770306
on a more serious note, the picture of the cooked salmon on the packet is completely raw.
>>
>>7770340
Its cooked rare
>>
Make the best meal you've ever made, and lament that Chad and a box of Chinese will always win over your work.
>>
>>7770321
>rice
>bland
Only if you cook it bland. Try using this stuff called "seasoning".
>>
File: 1313569446111.jpg (23 KB, 206x203) Image search: [Google]
1313569446111.jpg
23 KB, 206x203
>>7770306
Coat salmon in equal parts sugar and salt, let stand for ~10 minutes. You'll notice a bunch of moisture gets pulled out, which is a good thing. Rinse your fish off in cool water, and pat dry.

Lightly salt prawns.

Get a pan big enough to fit both portions of salmon and get that fucker hot, at which point you pour in enough canola oil to generously cover the bottom of the pan. Salmon goes into the pan, drop the heat a bit. Keep the salmon moving in the oil for the first couple seconds, then let them caramelize. Once you have a nice sear going, pull the pan off the heat, flip the salmon, and drain the oil. The residual heat from the pan will finish cooking the salmon.

While your salmon is searing get a second pan hot, pour in some olive oil, and season your prawns. Sear each side of the prawns on high heat, so as not to overcook them. Once you've turned your prawns and are searing the other sides, throw in a little minced garlic, chillies and cook those out (you can generally do this off the flame, again using the pan's residual heat). Softer herbs (basil, parsley) and citrus zest can be added now. Deglaze with some white wine, add a splash of chicken stock, and reduce. Take off the heat and melt in a knob of butter.

Taste it.
>>
>>7770306
Why the fuck would you buy skinless salmon OP? You're going to have a hard time cooking it without it turning dry
>>
>>7770354
>putting sugar on salmon
what is it with americans and their sweet tooth?
>>
>>7770348
Come on man, stop. You're embarassing yourself, as well embarrassing me.

You're embarassing me in front of my best friends.
>>
>>7770344
Shes a quiet malay uni student and shes cooked for me atleast 3 times, whenever shes been at my place i've always ordered pizza or chinese. If i wanted to fuck her for one night i would have stopped talking to her 4 weeks ago. Time to step up my game.
>>
>>7770360
I was watching a Scandinavian cooking show recently, and the guy cooking did the same thing.

I think it's pretty common. You just dislike Americans and let it make you ignorant.
>>
>>7770360
You're using it to balance the salt, and are performing a sort of speed curing on the salmon. This helps prevent the release of coagulated proteins in the finished product, and makes your salmon tastier, both by seasoning the fish and removing excess moisture. I recommended this to OP because his salmon does not look to be especially top notch, and this will make it (for lack of a better description) more "salmony." I'm sorry if you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>7770354
Thanks for the informative post, i have all this stuff in my place already
>>
>>7770369
The actual cooking should only take you like 6 minutes, including the resting of your salmon. They key is to have everything chopped/ portioned/ in easy reach ahead of time so that you can just go at it when you're cooking.

I'd probably do risotto or linguine with it. Bitches love risotto or linguine.
>>
>>7770306
make fried rice, dice up the prawns and put them in the fried rice
bake the salmon skin side up under the broiler it'll turn into fish skin crackling and have the texture of thin paper
top the rice with a salmon portion each
>>
>>7770374
Prawns - oil, garlic and chili
panfry for until color, season with salt / pepper
roast some toast, add prawns

salmon - get tinfoil, get spinanch, get whitewine, get carrots and some leak
rip the tinfoil a new one, put some spinanch on the bottom, add salmon on top, fineslice the carrots and leak, add wine. seal the tinfoil package into ze oven
>>
>>7770306
that's so fake and weird to have a picture of meat on a package of meat. stupid Brits
>>
>>7770548
Heres what you wanted ---> (you)
>>
>>7770340
That's 'go style.
>>
>>7770306
>Pan fry for 8-10 minutes.

Do americans need instructions even for fucking raw salmon?
>>
>>7771278
He is strayan
>>
>>7771278
American here.

A lot of us do. Most people don't care about cooking, which isn't an American thing, it's a Western thing.
>>
>>7770887
Can I get a (You) also senpai?
>>
>>7770306
have you thought about cookin them for food?

I like shoving salmon in a girls puss as much as the next guy but it's also good for consumption!
>>
>>7771342
DELETE THIS
>>
>>7770306
Give them to her and tell her to cook you dinner. If she walks out, then she was going to be useless anyway, probably wouldn't clean either or bother to help raise your children.
>>
File: IMG_4164.jpg (204 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4164.jpg
204 KB, 960x720
>>7770354
BORING
>>7770306
Coat shrimp in a beer batter or flour-egg-panko and serve as an appetizer with fresh herb mayo or tartar sauce
Lay puff pastry out. Prepare a pesto and season the salmon with salt and pepper. Place one seasoned filet on top of the pastry, spread pesto on top of the filet, and repeat. Wrap the salmon stack in the puff pastry, and remove excess. Cover in egg, score, and sprinkle coarse salt on top. Serve with roasted veg

Or make it the easy way like pic related, but it's not as impressive
>>
>>7770306
Throw them on the barbie?
>>
>>7771381
Maximum overpleb.
>>
>>7770324
Have you ever seen a thin woman up close?
>>
>>7770548
That's not a British packet. fool
>>
>>7771389
>Want to impress a girl i've been seeing for a few weeks,
sorry a basic salmon en croute is too hard for you. maybe you should try a different board
>>
>>7770306
If you want a romantic evening and are still in the early dating phase, I'd recommend avoiding fish especially if she's staying the night.
>>
>>7772038
>If you want a romantic evening and are still in the early dating phase

wut m8?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.