[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite fruit? Mine's date palms.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: dates.jpg (454 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
dates.jpg
454 KB, 850x565
What's your favorite fruit? Mine's date palms.
>>
>>7770288
Kiwis, skin on
>>
>>7770288
Your wife's son.
>>
blackberries
>>
>>7770290
>skin on

Why?
>>
avocadi
>>
This dumb chick I know has been raving about dates like they were invented last Tuesday

Did a fast food chain/franchise start using dates now?
>>
>>7770288
I bet you date palms all the time because nobody else will put out for you.
>>
>>7770376
Actually I'm alone and have been so for the past 6 years because I have severe social anxiety and depression which will most likely lead to me committing suicide in the near future.

Haha.
>>
>>7770288
My favorite as well. Especially with walnuts and honey
>>
>>7770381
Sounds like your favorite fruit is really sour grapes.
>>
>>7770385
Honey as a dip? I haven't tried that, might be nice. I really like using Greek yogurt as a dip.
>>
>>7770381
Me too anon...me too...
>>
>>7770288
Pineapple, clementines, watermelon.
>>
Peaches but I enjoy dates, too. It's pretty much the only food with which I regularly fall for the bacon meme.
>>
>>7770381
haha
>>
Pineapple and melons.

Wild strawberries are nice too
>>
Nathan Lane.
>>
>>7770516
>>7770557
>Pineapples

Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>7770560
Have you tasted fresh pineapple? Canned stuff is garbage, but fresh is great
>>
>>7770599
Yes, I've eaten pineapples by the slice before. They're basically shitty watermelons.
>>
>>7770602
fuck u buddy
>>
>>7770599
I like canned better than fresh. I've never figured out how to select good pineapples and canned-in-juice fits the bill for most of my pineapple needs. Especially since around Easter-time, they're just about giving them away with BOGO offers coupled with 75c-off-two coupons that get doubled by the store.
>>
>>7770602
Nigga u gay
>>
>>7770604
>>7770607
Stay mad
>>
>>7770288
I really like watermelon, but i can't admit it publicly because i'm black
>>
>>7770606
>I've never figured out how to select good pineapples
You can easily tell by smelling it. If you don't want it right now just buy an unripe one and smell it every day. Also pick the leaves at the top, if they easily come off it's ripe.
>>
>>7770620
Cool. And how much does an average pineapple yield? I can get 400g/14oz cans for 40c/ea around Easter combining BOGO with couponing while fresh ones are 99c for small and $1.99 for large year round. And canned stays good just about forever.
>>
1. Tomatos
2. Grapes
3. Olives
4. Lemons
5. Oranges

99. Blueperries
999. Kiwi
9999. Durian
>>
File: Pitaya_cross_section_ed2.jpg (857 KB, 1647x1345) Image search: [Google]
Pitaya_cross_section_ed2.jpg
857 KB, 1647x1345
Are these good? I've been seeing them around lately.
>>
>>7770644
I've only had it a handful of times, but I found that if you'd take a bite of kiwifruit and a bite of cucumber and chew them simultaneously, that's what it tastes like. Kinda like a bland kiwifruit. Not bad, but certainly not worth the price.
Now, it could be that every one I've had was of poor quality and good ones taste amazing, but I'd honestly be very surprised were that the case.
>>
>>7770288
I like palm dates, myself.
>>
Watermelon. Melons in general, really.
Peaches and pomegranates are great too.

>>7770644
All of the exotic fruits I have tried (dragonfruit, starfruit, kiwano melon) have been fun to look at but otherwise not super amazing or anything. They all have very mellow cucumbery flavors.
>>
>>7770288
Is it because its the only way you can ever get a date?
>>
>>7770288

Mangoes or Strawberries.
>>
>>7770644
Very variety dependant. The ones they sell in some supermarkets are usually crap. Very mild bland flavor. Definately not worth the price. Had a friend who grew a variety called cosmic charlie and it was very good.
>>
File: ourproduce_honeydew.png (209 KB, 425x405) Image search: [Google]
ourproduce_honeydew.png
209 KB, 425x405
>tfw digging spoon into a juicy, ripe honeydew.
>>
>>7770299
Not him but I leave the skin on just for convenience.
The skins also adds a nice texture to it.
You can't feel or taste the fur at all
>>
When are dates in season?
>>
Started eating coconuts once I had a alcoholic drink poured into one while in Mexico. I was 18 at the time (2005) and I really enjoyed the taste. Now I have 2 or 3 of them in my kitchen at all times to crack open and drink the liquid inside to kill hang overs. I love them.

Close second is those fucking grapes that tast like cotton candy. It would be my number one if they were available year round.
>>
File: IMG_0716.jpg (58 KB, 600x441) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0716.jpg
58 KB, 600x441
>>7770644
Depends on the kind. There are a lot of different types with the white fleshed fruit being kind of mild and maybe boring. But there are red fleshed fruit, (which are great) and sometimes yellow skinned fruit (which are amazing, but very very uncommon to see outside of asian countries)

Size is also important. The best ones I've ever eaten were kiwi sized and were red inside. I've only ever seen these in road stalls in the streets of Cambodia.

My favorite fruit: Mangosteen. Can buy them by the kilo here in Thailand. Fresh mangosteen tastes like you're biting into a very very fragrant flower.
>>
>>7773234
To follow up on this post, the fruit is produced by a cactus. So, imagine if a cactus grew a sweet, melon like pear? That's the consistency.

Flavor-wise, it's a cross between floral and fresh characteristics.
>>
Fresh watermelon and blueberries are crack
>>
To anyone who likes dates:

Try the Kholas variety.

Go, do it now! Instant mouthgasm
>>
>>7770288
Apricots!
>>
>>7770644
I had one, it was okay. Not really good, but not bad. Kind of had a pear like flesh.

I like cherries, melons, lemons, and I bought this Jackfruit thing and it's pretty good, just has a weird after taste.
>>
>>7770288
Pomelo would be my favorite. It's like a huge grapefruit, except much more neutral in taste and not as liquid. It takes fucking forever to clean one because you don't want anything except for the meat. I've heard skin can be be used as candy with chocolate layer, but I never tried it.
>>
>>7770288
Dates, figs and mangoes in that order.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.