[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a bottle of Absolut as my first liquor to try for my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: Absolut-Vodka-1600x1256.jpg (132 KB, 1600x1256) Image search: [Google]
Absolut-Vodka-1600x1256.jpg
132 KB, 1600x1256
I bought a bottle of Absolut as my first liquor to try for my 21st birthday and I still haven't cracked it open and tried it. What's /ck/'s opinion, and what should I try afterward?
Note that I am serious, I've never drank any alcohol before.

(I'll probably try some while I'm reading.)
>>
>>7769528
mix in so much crystal light you can't taste the alcohol, then drink it like it's crystal light.
>>
>>7769534
I don't have any right now, but I can buy some tomorrow. I can't be fucked to go to the store this late at night
>>
First time ever? Do a shot.
>>
>>7769543
I really want to, but it smells like fruity rubbing alcohol and I'm having trouble getting over that
>>
>>7769539
I never did it myself, but girls in college used to do it with plastic jug vodka and they would go to the hospital. one chick in my dorm building died from it. it's pretty hardcore.

or you can just drink it straight or mix it with some seltzer (the glass bottle kind) and a wedge of lemon, which is more like how a regular person might drink it.
>>
>>7769547
DO IT FAGGOT
>>
>>7769547
get a strong flavored juice drink or soda to drink immediately after doing the shot. after two or three you'll be fine.
>>
>>7769547
Best bet..screwdriver...oj and vodka
Can't beat the classics
Cranberry juice is nice
Honestly vodka literally just.makes things alcoholic
Gatorade
Kool said
Etc
>>
>>7769562
Alright, I'll go get myself a coke as a chaser for now and I'll see if that helps
>>
>>7769528
fuck these plebs op, just throw it in with some cranberry juice and you're set
>>
It goes pretty good with dr pepper or orange juice. Ever nicer if you have ice in.
>>
Fucking hell, it tastes like rubbing alcohol and fire, but... it's kinda pleasantly fruity somehow
>>
>>7769581
I wouldn't describe it as particularly "smooth..." it burns all the way down and sits in your chest. Is there any vodka that's not quite as harsh as that?
>>
>>7769594
maybe the flavored smirnoff for women?

if you don't want to drink it straight then mix it to dilute it a bit. it won't be as harsh.
>>
>>7769594
I like a good rum more than vodka. Mount Gay Eclipse or Appleton Estate V/X or their more expensive ones.
>>
>>7769644
I'll keep that in mind
>>
>>7769528
You waited until you're 21 so you're clearly a massive faggot. almost beyond measure
I'd recommend mixing 1 part vodka with 9 parts Coca Cola. Then suck another mans dick
>>
You can mix vodka with literally any-fucking-thing. Lemonade, soda, tonic, slushies... The list goes on.

Go fucking nuts, man.
>>
>>7769647
just do what >>7769563
said and mix a few shots of vodka into a massive gallon of a fruit drink.

Vodka gets masked so easily you'll just get schlocked without the taste that you can't fucking handle for some reason.
>>
>>7769654
I am gay, thank you so much for your myriad compliments :*)
>>
>>7769664
I didn't mean gay as in gay. I meant gay as in man up and drink some vodka. It's nice chilled in the freezer
>>
>>7769528

I have a Russian friend who insists that the best way to chase a shot of vodka is to take a bite out of a picke. I dunno if that's authentic or if he's just bullshitting, but it IS damn tasty.
>>
>>7769685

PICKLE dammit
>>
>>7769528
take a shot bitch, you'll really want a glass of soda or water to chase it with though
>>
>>7769703
I did, friendo >>7769581
and chased it with some coke. Then had another. Nice warm feeling
>>
>>7769528
You dun goofed. It's mixing vodka.

Belvedere is the best vodka
>>
>>7769742
That's what I read but after trying it it's not so bad neat. I'll try Belvedere next time though
>>
>>7769594
You should try some aquavit If you can get your hand on it.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 240x180
>>7769528
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 240x182) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 240x182
>>7770434
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>7770434
>>
There's dirt cheap vodka, which will taste like a hospital even when heavily diluted. Mix this with orange or cranberry juice or any juice/soda you like and get hammered on the cheap. It's not worth it to attempt a nice cocktail with this.

There decent vodka, like Absolut, which can be used in countless mixed drinks or taken in shots straight out of the freezer. I recommend making a Moscow Mule, which is easy, refreshing, tasty and has a nice kick of ginger to it.

Then there's ridiculously expensive vodka, which you should take a bunch of selfies with for instagram and snapchat.
It will come in a really pretty or unique bottle, and will go down a tiny bit smoother than something you could have bought for 1/4 the price.
>>
>>7769528
Shut vodka.
Get Russian Standard or Tito's.
>>
>>7769528
it's shit, just down it
>>
>>7769528
White Russian, you fag.one to one Kahlua and vodka in a glass with ice. Fill the rest with whole milk.

Enjoy.
>>
Here's a tip.

SPA Cactus/lemon completely negates the Vodka taste. Enjoy and try not to drink yourself to death. Also avoid eating TOO much before drinking if you want to enjoy yourself.
>>
>>7769528
>Note that I am serious, I've never drank any alcohol before.
Never had a beer?
Never went to a party?
>>
OP go get new Amsterdam gin instead, it's almost flavorless and goes down like water, no burning. It's my favorite get drunk quick liquor even if it's shit and cheap compared to other good gin
>>
Vodka is fucking disgusting, just like most alcoholic drinks
Try gintonic instead
>>
>>7770831
No m8
>>7770834
Will try
>>
>>7769528
It's disgusting. It tastes really foul to me. Guess it's meant to be mixed.
>>
>>7771553
Most people seem to say that it's really bitter or something like that, but I didn't get anything like that when I drank it. It was vaguely fruity, had a really bad burn.
>>
Vodka was my first lic too, but I'm not a big fan really. People swear they can tell the difference between ketel one, grey goose, and absolut but really vodka is just tasteless potato rot. I used to say I liked whiskey the best but desu, that was before I found gin. Gin has a bitter mature flavor and it's not too hard to drink, even shots. Get it extra dry if you try it.
(Also, vodka is the more popular favorite of the female sex, if that means anything to you~)
>>
>>7771600
Probably going to go for gin next based on recommendations so far

Idgaf if women prefer vodka, I'm not looking for women
>>
Absolut is like the coors lite of vodka, it's everywhere and tastes like absolut shit, the majority of places that use it is for vodka redbull or similar.

>>7771600
This guy is in the right direction.
Ive tried a gin and pineapple juice drink and actually fairly enjoyed it. It's easy and tastes not much like alcohol
>>
>>7769528
Lemon drop shooters anyone?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.