[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you consider turkey to be a festive food (i.e., only eaten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: turkey_big.jpg (389 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
turkey_big.jpg
389 KB, 500x500
Do you consider turkey to be a festive food (i.e., only eaten on thanksgiving or whatever holiday you use as an excuse), or just regular food?
>>
>>7766033
Depends on how it's prepared I guess, I eat a turkey sandwiches pretty regularly
>>
Neither.
Barring smoked turkey and processed meats, turkey should never be eaten by anyone anywhere ever under any circumstances. Because it's icky.
>>
>>7766051
what do you eat on thanksgiving? or are you not american?
>>
>>7766083
Halfmerican, actually.
I loathe Thanksgiving turkey. Growing up, my dad, who is himself also half American, insisted we do Thanksgiving despite the fact that turkey wasn't common back then. We had goose one year, duck twice and ibex once. In the US, we always had turkey except for once when we had Chinese takeout duck instead.

I only like roast turkey when I make it. Everyone else's turkey tastes like broken promises and shattered dreams.
>>
I love hunting wild turkey. Turkey tastes awesome.
>>
Whole roast turkey, yes

but sliced for sandwiches its an any day food
>>
>>7766105
>Growing up, my dad, who is himself also half American
So is your mom also half american?
How else does that math work?
>>
File: 1461852014862.jpg (56 KB, 600x776) Image search: [Google]
1461852014862.jpg
56 KB, 600x776
Turkey is pretty vile except when thinly sliced and eaten on a sandwich.

For Christmas or whatever I'll take pork, beef or salmon every time
>>
>>7766033
>Do you consider turkey to be a festive food (i.e., only eaten on thanksgiving or whatever holiday you use as an excuse), or just regular food?
I don't like dark meat turkey though my dogs love it, so though I will cook a turkey breast for some planned sandwich leftovers or a "hot brown" craving, or curried turkey salad, after Thanksgiving-Christmas is over, there's certainly no whole bird baking going on at my house.

The past couple of years I didn't really stock up on holiday turkey sales at the groceries. It just think the planned killoff to prevent that avian flu outbreak hurt prices one year, and some kind of shortage the year before that. So, though I used to buy the good sales and plop 2-3 into the freezer to thaw later when I wasn't sick of the holiday turkey, I notice that wasn't really a deal lately. I could eat turkey as much as chicken honestly. Winn-Dixie does a whole roast breast from the rotisserie that they slice fresh daily with the deli meats....always cheaper than roasting your own, grrrr.
>>
>>7766033
Turkey is my favorite deli meat. If I'm building my own sandwich, its always turkey.

However I find it to be the worst food at Thanksgiving unless its been brined, injected, and deep fried. I load up on everything else, especially chicken.
>>
File: 1455478159414.jpg (38 KB, 667x720) Image search: [Google]
1455478159414.jpg
38 KB, 667x720
My favorite Omelette is Turkey Swiss and spinach.
>>
>>7766131
Yank law doesn't recognise dual citizenship so according to them, he's 100% American due to his father being American as am I, though neither of us were born in the US and both hold primary citizenships to other countries. According to the US, we're Americans and that's it.

To make it even stranger, I have a half-brother by my mother's first husband who became an American citizen a few years ago. To do so, he had to renounce our citizenship so he is technically only American while I and my father are recognised as citizens by both our mothers' and fathers' countries.

>>7766124
The best wild turkey is poured from a bottle.
>>
>>7766157
The US has allowed dual citizenship for atleast a decade
>>
>>7766171
Not as far as I know. If you apply to become an USican, you must renounce prior citizenship.

Being born recognised by both governments, I'll never have to make that renunciation, however, the US does not recognise me as a citizen of a foreign power while my birth country recognises me as a citizen of both.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.