[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick Question: How do you pan fry breaded chicken breast without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: sturmtruppen.jpg (78 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
sturmtruppen.jpg
78 KB, 600x452
Quick Question: How do you pan fry breaded chicken breast without burning the breading but making sure the fatter side is cooked all the way through?

Pounded it out (still uneven) and currently brining in buttermilk.

Thanks
>>
Lower the heat,
Use a thermometer,

The thickness of your cut will determine how high or low the cooking flame will be, or should be
>>
Just microwave the cunt, we are British after all
>>
>>7765216

By controlling the heat properly. If the breading burns but the chicken isn't cooked through then your heat was too high.
>>
Better question

How do you keep your bread on your breaded chicken? When it's done frying the breading just falls apart when you try and cut it.
>>
>>7765255

by that point you have already gotten a nice picture for instagram though so its alright if it falls apart
>>
Sous vide the chicken first. Even if you don't have the circulator you can use a well insulated cooler and a thermometer.
>>
I just put a top on the pan.
>>
>how do I not ruin food

turn down the heat
>>
Butterfly the chicken breast.
>>
>>7765216
Brown it in skillet, then transfer it to the oven.
>>
>>7765255
I get ok breading by going rinse -> flour -> egg -> crumbs. when i was a cooking noob i just went egg-> crumbs and the breading fell apart at the slightest touch.
>>
File: 1452468989249.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1452468989249.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>there are people on /ck/ who can't even make something breaded without it falling apart or burning
>>
finish it in the oven

>>7765255

flour or cornstarch before you batter it, stupid
>>
>>7767800
>there are people on /ck/ trying to learn how to cook
GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>7767800
The original question was cooking a thicker piece of meat through without the outside burning, but nice literacy.

And to OP, fry it until golden on each side, then park it in the oven. That's how I do whole chicken breast. Otherwise just butterfly, and forget the oven, which has the added benefit of more crunchy breading.
>>
>>7765255
You have to let it sit for 10 minutes after breading. America's Test Kitchen agrees.
>>
File: 1447543543013.jpg (14 KB, 334x344) Image search: [Google]
1447543543013.jpg
14 KB, 334x344
>>7765216
Make it golden brown then toss the fucker in the oven. Welcome to the real world.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.