[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best recipes with avocado? recently i've made these baked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: avofries.jpg (221 KB, 1024x997) Image search: [Google]
avofries.jpg
221 KB, 1024x997
best recipes with avocado? recently i've made these baked avocado fries which were pretty good. flour, egg, panko, bake at 450 for 20 mins. tasty with spicy mayo
>>
Put it in a bowl and mix in salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice. Use it like you would mayo or, for our europoor friends, butter on a sandwich.
>>
i like to cut them into chunks and put them in my taco pitas
>>
>>7763086
i used similar as a pasta sauce once! it was good
>>
>take avocado
>halve it
>remove pit
>score the flesh
>sprinkle with salt and pepper
>a drizzle of premium olive oil
>eat with a spoon
>>
>>7763078
dude, do what you did, but with pesto mayo, it's obv kinda the same thing but makes it even better. Make it all the time. and fuck off brits if you think a 'pesto mayo' is gross, you are beyond saving when it comes to food. Don't get me started on how shitty your fucking restaurants are.
>>
I've loved avocados for nearly 30 years, but that honestly doesn't look very good.
>>
>>7763264
I grew up being told you shouldn't cook avocados. This seems so weird to me. At most it should be warm on a sandwich or tempura sushi roll.
>>
I absolutely love avocados. But they are NOT a main dish, its just that simple.

They lend amazing creaminess and healthy unsaturated fat to any recipe but they simply can't stand on their own. Its similar to tofu . . . super healthy, soaks up flavors, but tastes like NOTHING! You MUST add other ingredients and flavors.

My personal favorite applications are:

1: Guacamole. If there is a tastier thing that uses avocados I don't know about it.

2: On sandwiches or in salad dressing as a replacement for other fats.

3: Well that's it really, I mean avocado is just a way to get the taste and mouth feel of fat without the actual fat.
>>
>>7763294
shut up...
>>
File: atoast.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
atoast.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1125
>>7763308
Its just the simple truth. Avocado has nearly no flavor but carries other flavors very well.

I forgot about avocado toast. Spread some ripe avocado on top of a piece of toasted bread and then add whatever topping you want. The avocado will really bring out the flavors of the toppings!
>>
Use avocado in place of mayonnaise to make a /fit/ as fuck, tasty as fuck tuna salad. Add lemon pepper seasoning and you're set
>>
>>7763380
Ask me how I know you over season everything or are a fat piece of shit that puts sugary sauces on everything.
>>
>>7764879

He's either baiting, or is one of those sad, sad people who've never had a properly ripe avocado.
>>
There's this Mexican place right across the way from me which makes an avocado like salsa. From the looks of it, appears to be a salsa verde (tomatillo base) with blended avocado and lime. Really some good tasting stuff.
>>
>>7763294
>avocado is just a way to get the taste and mouth feel of fat without the actual fat

Are you retarded?
>>
For the patrician avocado connoisseur: Ceviche served in an avocado.

You'll need:
1 fish (white fish of any type works well)
2-3 limes
1-2 lemons
1 large orange
Habanero or other chillis
Salt
pepper
Garlic.
1 or 2 avocados
Chop up the fish and all the other ingredients, juice the limes, lemon and orange.
Marinate the fish and other ingredients in the citrus juice for 20 minutes, cut and pit the avocado, and then serve the ceviche in the avocado.
Tangy, creamy and healthy.
inb4 jizz
>>
File: 1458338061382.jpg (17 KB, 326x261) Image search: [Google]
1458338061382.jpg
17 KB, 326x261
>>7764921
Avacado has that healthy fat
Fat is unhealthy
G.E.D
Avacadoes have no fat
>>
>>7763116
>premium olive oil
>premium
>>
>>7765508

is that like fancy ketchup?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.