[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make a good, old-fashioned, greasy, dive-bar burger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: wouldfuck.jpg (43 KB, 514x342) Image search: [Google]
wouldfuck.jpg
43 KB, 514x342
How do you make a good, old-fashioned, greasy, dive-bar burger?
>>
How are we defining dive bar? Shitty bar where the drinks are drinks are total shit and maybe cheap that's for college kids? Or grimy ass old bars where the average clientele is 45+?
>>
>>7762809
The latter, but the rural Midwestern variety in which one consumes Old-Style, PBR and Schlitz unironically.
>>
>>7762778
I had grind Sirloin w/ cuts of beef fat and get 60% fat and 40% lean......Not joking

I then season w/ salt, pepper, tiny bit of cumin, lilttle bit of chili powder, minced garlic and MSG

Put on a homemade brioche bun w/ cheese of the day on sale at the deli slicer.
>>
>>7762837
hand grind*
>>
>>7762832
Hm, in that case, the ones I've been to don't give a fuck about the food. I've been to one where they literally fry up a frozen patty, put it between sliced white bread and call it a day.
>>
>>7762837
>cheese of the day on sale at the deli slicer.

you do know they are just trying to get rid of the shit that's going bad, right?
>>
>>7762849
It's a nice deli, not a kroger or publix, "on sale" is $8-12/lb
>>
>>7762853
>"on sale"

means the same shit everywhere, they just know there are dumb fuckers that shop there and will pay more.
>>
>>7762855
thank you for making it clear you don't know anything about quality cheese :)
>>
>>7762861

I know more about cheese then you do about your own dick but the "sale" thing is real.
>>
>>7762864
>the "sale" thing is real

on cheese lol, just no senpai.
>>
Apparently, the common theme here is how to "Midwest" a burger. The answer is simple. Add lots of Germans and tartar sauce. If a man can send rockets to other worlds, he can assemble a burger.
>>
>>7762778
>Ground Beef
>salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
>frying pan
>lots of butter
>cheese
>lid for pan
>toppings
>bun
>>
>>7762871

alright, which cheese makes the best lube?
>>
>>7762881

this.

how the fuck are you all so abysmally retarded
>>
>>7762778
Watch a few episodes of Bar Rescue.
>>
>>7762886
Because it's about dive bars - not how you make it at home.
>>
File: Easy_Cheese.jpg (209 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
Easy_Cheese.jpg
209 KB, 1536x2048
>>7762883
>>
>>7762849
>cheese
>going bad
>>
>>7762844
I went to one that had "bananas foster" on the menu. I was curious as to what the fuck bananas foster would be at a redneck dive bar. Sliced of bananas dipped in pancake batter, deep-fried, and served drizzled with "breakfast syrup" and dusted with powdered sugar. IE other than bananas being present, it had nothing in common with bananas foster.

>>7762778
My fav local place does it like this:
80/20 beef and a bit of salt (or beef stock powder, if you're a cheatin'-ass motherfucker like I am) pan-fried to deliciousness.
Mayonnaise on toasted bottom bun, topped with a Velveeta "cheese" single topped with the burger patty topped with whatever additional toppings topped with the top bun and served with a pickle half and good fries on the side.
Fuck yeah.
>>
Well first I open my package of Morningstar veggie burgers and fry that baby up before putting in between two pieces of whole wheat bread and adding spiracha, spinach, mushroom, and goat cheese.
Not even being ironic.
>>
>>7762844
this is the only true answer for a "dive"

It will get you sober enough so you probably wont wreck on your ride home.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.