[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you a slow eater or a fast eater? I like to pace myself and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: tumblr_o41t0un4JL1s46p8ao1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o41t0un4JL1s46p8ao1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x500
Are you a slow eater or a fast eater? I like to pace myself and slowly finish a meal, but I know some people who inhale meals like a whale taking in krill
>>
Average speed
>>
Depends on how pressed I am for time, I've eaten 2 slices of pizza and downed a beverage from a local joint in under 5 minutes and at that same spot, same meal, I've taken 30 minutes to finish eating.
>>
>>7762707
>2 slices of pizza and a beverage in 5 minutes
>fast
m8 if I'm hungry as fuck I can do that in like 45 seconds.
>>
Slow
>>
>>7762719
>being that guy that has to one up everybody

Good for you, buddy. Wow you can sure eat fast. :^)
>>
>>7762673
If i don't pay attention I eat very fast, probably a leftover from growing up poor, if you finished first you had a better chance to get seconds
>>
grossly fast, but yesterday I went out with a girl so I was trying to be polite and eat more slowly and she ended up finishing by the time I was barely half way done, and I felt super embarrassed about it.

also, the fact that she ate so fast and finished her meal indicates she isn't attracted to me, since a subconscious body language sign is women eat much less when they are around men they are attracted to
>>
>>7764319
Nah man, they get excited when with somebody they're attracted to and thoughtlessly guzzle their food with gusto.
>>
I eat slowly, so much so that I frequently get comments on it. Some good some bad, but I don't give a fuck. Eating slowly not only lets you really appreciate a meal but is a lot better for your digestive system.

I'll never understand why people can down a meal in the time it takes to down a shot and then complain that their stomach hurts after, like what did you expect?
>>
>>7764611
do you think people who eat fast never tried eating slow? That fully appreciate shit gets me everytime
>>
>>7764700
I can tell they haven't because their guts hang over the waists of their pants. If you eat more slowly you fill up more on less food.
>>
I'm a stupidly fast eater. But, I was the youngest in my family, and if I didn't eat fast, I didn't eat (my siblings would grab it all, even off my plate when my parents weren't looking ).

My son, on the other hand, is an only child, and he eats slowly, like a normal person. And, he always gets after me about how fast I eat. I keep it in check and eat slower when we go out or have people over for dinner, but when it's just us, I still inhale my food without thinking.
>>
>>7765386
>(my siblings would grab it all, even off my plate when my parents weren't looking ).
What the fuck? Why would they do that
>>
>>7765386

sounds like a bullshit excuse honestly. i got used to speed eating in the army (its a fucking gross habit) and as soon as i was back to a situation where i didn't need to do that it was easy to drop the habit
>>
>>7765389
Because they're both assholes. Even as adults, my brothers are shitheads. One of them I haven't even spoken to in four years. The other one is slightly better, but still really self-centered.
>>
I speed eat. Not even intentionally. Just habit. I want to eat slowly but when I try the food doesn't stay in my mouth, it falls slowly toward my throat until I have to swallow or force it back up into my mouth.
>>
>>7762728
5 minutes is not eating fast.

you know they have competitions for fast eating, not slow eating.
>>
>>7765395
Did you actually read the entire post, or are you just cherry picking?
>>
>>7765409

yes i did

>i can eat slower when even younger children are disgusted by me but muh traumatic childhood
>>
I got a big mouth and big teeth, so my bite sizes are FUCKING MASSIVE. Dentist even commented I had the biggest teeth he's seen.

Horse sized, so it's like 5 bites to mulch anything down, and one bite can do half a hotdog easily.

It's my favorite thing to ask for a bite of food from girlfriends, and just let them watch me deep throat their food.

"IT'S ONLY ONE BITE"

the expressions are the best
>>
>>7765412
That's not what was said AT ALL.
No wonder you had to join the military, you certainly couldn't have gone into academia with reading comprehension so poor.
>>
>>7765415
pics
>>
>>7765415
That's hilarious.
>>
>>7765448

>great resume
>college degree
>no kids
>making bank

enjoy your obesity and raising your fat disappointing children
>>
File: 1425686063250.jpg (26 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1425686063250.jpg
26 KB, 318x318
>>7765415
Sometimes I read posts like this and it seems to confirm I'm surrounded by mentally ill people on this board.
>>
File: pigs.png (1 MB, 1670x895) Image search: [Google]
pigs.png
1 MB, 1670x895
>>7765415
>"IT'S ONLY ONE BITE"
>>
>>7765456
>My family lineage is so shit that its ending with me

This is not something to brag about
>>
File: 3742227392_ebf88a80b0.jpg (53 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
3742227392_ebf88a80b0.jpg
53 KB, 600x437
>>7765456
Sure, sure you are.
That's why you're sitting on 4chan in the middle of the day. Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
Actually, I doubt you're even the same poster, since you don't even have the facts about the original post right. See pic, dumbass.
>>
>>7765386
Were you raised in a jungle or something?
>>
>Be a young kid
>Have a verbally abusive, alcoholic father
>Every dinner was hell due to him constantly berating my mother
>No matter how much effort she put into making a meal, he said it was crap
>He still insisted she make the same five meals regardless, very rarely getting to eat anything new for dinner; hamburgers, meatloaf, burritos, spaghetti, and hot dogs
I picked up the habit of eating as fast as I could so I could leave the table sooner. Still working on slowing down.
>>
i am an extremely fast eater and drinker. i can remember several instances where i've been on a date and only realised that i'm eating a full ten times faster than the girl by the time there's a single bite left, and then i leave that single bite to the very end of the meal, my eyes fixing on it every few seconds as i try desperately to concentrate on the conversation. i will also have drunk enough beer that i can no longer afford to pay for her drinks if she matches mine, so i discourage her from drinking - either that or i'll have finished the bottle of wine we were sharing before she has a second glass. the result is that i am very drunk and irritable and i usually go home early, fall asleep on the bus then smoke 20 cigarettes on the way back from the terminus while drafting a long text to my ex.
>>
>>7765487
Nope, upper middle class. Just shitty siblings, that's all. Don't know why people are acting so surprised. Siblings torture the shit out of each other all the time, this was one of the few ways mine would fuck with me. It's not like my parents didn't teach us all table manners. Like I already said, they'd wait until my parents weren't looking before they'd try and grab my food. They were also fairly older than me, and while I was in elementary school, they were already in jr. high and playing sports, so they were always ravenous; I remember mom having to go buy a gallon of milk daily. It was much better once they graduated and left the house for uni. But, by that time, my habits were set. One of my brothers would wait until my mom got up to get something from the sideboard or kitchen, and then stick his tongue out with a mouth full of chewed up food at me. Still totally irritates me today to see someone do that.
Other than that bullshit, I had a great childhood. We lived on 6 acres, but in town, so I could roam around the orchards and gardens and stuff, and then go chase around the neighborhood on my bike with my friends. Good times.
>>
>>7765415
Was this post inspired by the classic episode of Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide in which the character referred to as "One Bite," after his habit of consuming large portions of other people's food with a single bite, was defeated by the covert application of comically hot sauce to a sandwich?

"I will never one bite again," he exclaimed before fleeing the room with smoke coming out of his ears. Very amusing moment.
>>
>>7765599
I remember that. Good show
>>
Military basic training made me get used to inhale food at the speed of light- had exactly 7 minutes for every meal.
Can't lose that habit now. I will only notice how fast I eat when my esophagus starts hurting from the mass of food going through it at once.
>>
>>7762673
depends. If i'm really hungry from not eating all day (which is most days) I tend to shove food down my throat as quick as possible. Otherwise it's just average speed
>>
>tfw inhale my food no matter what
>>
I'm a pretty fast eater. My friend, however, eats like a fucking madman. One time, we raced him while eating and he won; the thing is, he didn't know we were racing kek and that's just his pace
>>
>>7765415
my sides
>>
>>7765459

how?
>>
Intermediate
>>
>>7762673
Depends. I prefer to take my time to enjoy a meal, but am more than capable to scarf it down.
>>
I usually eat pretty damn quick because it's always felt like a fucking chore to me.
>>
>>7762673
I was a fast eater as a teen now i'm a slow eater
after a workout i eat to quick
>>
I eat food quick. I find it less satisfying to take it slow. By the end of the meal, the food is getting cold and shit if you're going slow.

I also don't like putting things back down, like a sandwich or a burger. It starts to fall apart and elements of the sandwich slide out the side. Fast fast fast.
>>
File: 1454925288462.jpg (44 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1454925288462.jpg
44 KB, 720x720
Disgustingly fast, like a starving homeless man. I had to teach myself to slow down when eating around others, otherwise I've never seen someone finish a meal before me, even if my meal is significantly larger.. Always have, apparently even as a baby I would just devour like crazy anything put in front of me.
>>
Food inhaler here. If I have a particularly dank meal while out I might take my time, but fuck man I got better shit to do with my time than spend 20 minutes eating a pasta bake or some shit.
>>
I could probably eat a whole pizza in like 10 minutes if I was hungry enough
>>
>>7762728
2 slices of pizza and a drink in five minutes is not eating fast you faggot
>>
>>7765499

Living the dream
>>
>>7764275
This right here.
>>
File: high test carpet.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
high test carpet.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>7762673
fast eater if it is some greasy shit I like slow eater if it is gay ass shit like veggie stew
>>
Used to be slow now I inhale my food I feel like I'm wasting time if I spend 30 minutes eating food. Anymore than 10 minutes is to much
>>
My grandpa is a fast eater and I always tried to finish my meals before him as a kid. Now I eat and drink everything pretty fast. It's probably something i should stop since he has heart disease now.
>>
>>7771136
>It's probably something i should stop

Why? Do you actually believe that eating fast causes heart disease? Don't you think that of all the possible causes of his heart disease that one seems ridiculously unlikely?
>>
>>7765492

>hamburgers, meatloaf, burritos, spaghetti, and hot dogs

No wonder he said she was a shit cook.
>>
>>7771140
Nah, it's because of his diet. I'm pretty fat though, so slowing down wouldn't hurt.
>>
File: bust a nut in a squirrel.jpg (62 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
bust a nut in a squirrel.jpg
62 KB, 1200x1200
>>7762673
I eat like someone is about to challenge me for my food. Put a plate in front of me and it is cleaned quick, fast and in a hurry. They made a movie out of my eating style called, "Gone in 60 Seconds."
>>
I ate super fast as a kid, I eat pretty slow now.
>>
I eat pretty fast.
When insit down to eat i don't stop.
My mouth is literally full of food from my first bite to my last.

I dont like not feeling deliciousness in my mouth whennim at the table.
>>
When I'm at work I eat excessive amounts of food but take less than three minutes to eat it all. Half the time I don't really chew if I know or think I can get away with it. I don't know why, I'm not really in a rush to get back to work but I just end up doing so. At home I take maybe half an hour to an hour on small stuff.
>>
>>7762707
How long does it take you to get dressed in the morning?
>>
When I was a kid it would take me so long to eat that I would get bored halfway through and fall asleep at the table. I had the kind of parents who forced you to sit there and finish everything on the plate.

If I have a full meal now on average it takes me like 20 minutes to eat it. I thought I ate quickly, but after this thread, I guess not.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 443x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 443x600
>eat fast because it just feels natural
>people tell me to slow down and appreciate food
>do it, meal is less joyous
>people tell me I have a shit palate
>they go back to their routine of not eating half the shit I eat because ew, even simple things like fuckin lettuce or tomatoes
>everything is always over/under salted, spicy, sweet, you name it
>yet they band together to call me a child because I'm done before them
>>
>>7771225
Get your n key fixed lad
>>
>>7762673
only queers and communists pick at their meals slowly
>>
>>7770351
SOURCE PLS, GOOGL/TINIEYE GIVES ME NUFFIN
>>
I eat fast when I'm by myself/with family, but I get nervous and eat really slowly with friends. I think I'm afraid they'll think I'm a pig or something.
>>
I eat crazy fast. Partially from growing up in a big family and subconciously finishing fast to get limited seconds. The other part is that snacking is a nervous habit and if I'm eating/drinking I have to have something in my mouth constantly. As I'm swallowing the fork is up ready to refill.

Makes me drink way too fast because I basically never put my drink down.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.