[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post grocery hauls. Rate other people's grocery hauls.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Post grocery hauls. Rate other people's grocery hauls.

>mfw $44 worth of groceries

remind me again how it is that people can't afford to eat healthy? i could have probably trimmed it down to $30 if i got spinach instead of my meme greens, no powdered donuts, no mango, beans instead of avocados, the cheapest eggs money can buy, store brand cottage cheese instead of name brand greek yogurt, etc.

Are people just stupid?
>>
>>7762582
>healthy

>flavored yogurt
Sugar
>Donuts
Sugar
>Peanut butter
Sugar
>Avocados
High calorie

You did 1/3 of your shopping correctly. You're still bad.
>>
>>7762589

it's about calories per dollar for me since i'm in pretty good shape and i don't eat like a hog. avocados are great and they're filling.. i eat lots of avocados and olive oil m8. you could also say

>fruit
sugar

like some people do. peanutbutter has 3g sugar per 2 tbsp which is fairly negligible. you're right about the donuts and yogurt, however. cottage cheese would be the more appropriate choice.
>>
>>7762625
Yeah, he's a faggot. You did okay. How long will it last you?
>>
>>7762665

that's enough chicken thigh for about 3-4 dinner's worth (2lbs), enough eggs for 3 breakfasts, cereal and fruit for three more plus pb&j for work and fruit for snacks.

combined with my weekly large pizza, that's about a week's worth of food.
>>
Where's the beef, potatoes and bread?
>>
>>7763719
You can make your own bread.
But yeah where's the cheap starches nigger?
>>
>>7762582
I hope you have tons of other shit in the house to go with that, otherwise you're gonna eat all of that in like 2 days
>>
>>7762582

But where are the limes?
>>
>>7763793

i work 50 hours a week in a kitchen so i'm not home much except for at night and in the morning.. i eat pb&j and brotein shakes at work.

>>7763724

got bread in the freezer from last week, got pasta and pasta sauce in the pantry.

cheap starches are bullshit, senpai.. tthey're the same as sugar.
>>
>$44
>Like two days worth of food tops
>>
File: IMG_0214.jpg (243 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0214.jpg
243 KB, 1000x666
Quick trip to the shop, just needed tomatoes and greens, bought pancetta because I thought of making carbonara tomorrow
>>
I went yesterday. Obviously, I already put the stuff away but I got:

a gallon of milk
a half pound of pâte
a loaf of rye
2½lbs of spinach
1lb of herb celery
a pound of bamboo shoots
5lbs of potatoes
2lbs of mushrooms
4lbs of popping corn
a bag of dill pickle potato chips

It was just shy of $30. $29something.
I don't usually buy potato chips, but I love dill pickle ones and hadn't seen them in a while, so I nabbed a bag. And I ran out of popcorn recently, so I stocked up for another couple years of popcorn (last time I bought popcorn, Obama's hair was still black).
>>
>>7762582
>remind me again how it is that people can't afford to eat healthy?

Ignoring the fact that you haven't really done any exceptionally healthy shopping here:

1. They don't live near a proper grocery store. The stores around them sell minimal produce and mostly pre-packaged foods.

2. They don't own or have access to reliable transportation.

3. They have to feed more than themselves. $44 per person per two days for a family of five is insanely expensive.
>>
>>7764074
When I was poor and lived in a shitty apartment, there was also:

4. Not having access to a proper/clean kitchen. Your options for what you can cook go down dramatically if you don't have working equipment. You can't buy cookware, a working stove top and/or oven, or cleaning supplies with food stamps.
>>
>>7763793
>>7763908
>>7764074

found the fatasses

if you eat that much in 2 days there's something horribly wrong with you
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.