[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite Cusines Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8
File: world cuisine.png (233 KB, 1289x850) Image search: [Google]
world cuisine.png
233 KB, 1289x850
Post your favorite cuisines and some example dishes that you like. Unfortunately I can't list these cuisines in an order because they're all great and what I'm up for changes from time to time.

I'm gonna spread out my cuisines for free bumps.
>>
File: anchovy pizza.jpg (104 KB, 640x411) Image search: [Google]
anchovy pizza.jpg
104 KB, 640x411
>Italian
Typically pizza and pasta, but also bruschettas, caprese salad, prosciutto. Favorite pasta would be spaghetti bolognese while any pizza with lots of anchovies I would love.
>>
File: mango curry.jpg (39 KB, 520x347) Image search: [Google]
mango curry.jpg
39 KB, 520x347
>Indian
I've only recently learned to like Indian dishes. Naan bread is great and there are so many great curries, some that I've tried were mango based, others fishes based. They do chicken pretty well. Samosas are nice too.
>>
>American

Burger
>>
>>7761817
that ain't a go' za'
>>
File: pastel.jpg (108 KB, 1024x549) Image search: [Google]
pastel.jpg
108 KB, 1024x549
>Brazilian
Brazilian cuisine is very meat based, much to my favor. Churrasco, pao de queijo and feijoada is of course easily their strength. They're also well known dishes, available in any Fogo do Chao. Some more niche dishes are pastel (basically a Brazilian empanda but much better), calda de feijao, linguica, pe de moleque, pe de moca, pasoca, amendoin japones, etc.
Pic related, I basically chug these.
>>
>>7761845
That looks amazing.
>>
File: yakisoba.jpg (109 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
yakisoba.jpg
109 KB, 640x480
>Japanese
Aside from the obvious sushi, sashimi and ramen. There is yakisoba, melon popsicles, tempura, rice balls. I haven't tried much else, which is a shame, like red bean paste thing, and all the other Japanese carnival foods.
>>
File: soda antartica.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
soda antartica.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
>>7761855
Its as tasty as it looks. The only downside is that sometimes they're not as stuffed as they should be, so the initial few bits are just the fried stuff. But once you get to the meaty parts its uber delicious. Adding some tabasco sauce enhances the flavor. I also forgot to mention Guarana and Soda Antarctica. Both a great Brazilian sodas. Most people already know Guarana, so I'll post the forgotten Soda Antarctica, now discontinued I believe.
>>
File: sesame chicken.jpg (223 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
sesame chicken.jpg
223 KB, 600x400
>Chinese-American
The reason why I'm posting Chinese-American instead of Chinese cuisine is because of all the naysayers who say the Chinese food here in the States cannot be called Chinese food so I wont. And if I think about it, they're right, I like Chinese-American, not Chinese cuisine. All my favorite dishes are Chinese-American, like Mongolian beef, egg rolls, sesame chicken. There is also any sort of fried rice, lo mein noodles, duck and miso soup.
>>
File: brazilian ham.jpg (98 KB, 650x487) Image search: [Google]
brazilian ham.jpg
98 KB, 650x487
>>7761845
Brazilian cuisine is based on bugs, rodents, and reptiles.
>>
>>7761856
red bean paste isn't that bad. basically tastes like jelly.

Korean roommate gets fish shaped ice cream with red bean paste filling...it's OK.

>tempura

i need to attempt making this, but I'm scared...

either way, try more things. yakiniku. yakitori. put together some random donburi. gyoza. tamagoyaki.

jap food is nice. simple and repetitive, but nice.
>>
>>7761817
Italy is the undisputed King of European cuisine. And France is its Queen. As much as I love my Czech and German schnitzels and dumplings, Italy will always be the ruler of my stomach's heart.

I also adore most SEA cuisines. Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, the amazing different varieties these folks come up with for the same ingredients is amazing. And they know how to use their spices and herbs.

Jiangsu cuisine is probably very underrated internationally but it is my favorite Chinese cuisine.

Mexican cuisine is probably overrated on this board, but the country really does have a very rich and varied culinary tradition, and it's a great place for food tourism.

I really love creative ways of using seafood, so obviously I'm attracted to Kerala cuisine in India.

The cuisines of the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico are particular favorites of mine, mostly because it's what I grew up with. The more French-influenced Caribbean cuisines are really good, but I'm biased towards these two anyway.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.