[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Fusion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Red_roast_duck_curry.jpg (2 MB, 1890x1448) Image search: [Google]
Red_roast_duck_curry.jpg
2 MB, 1890x1448
Should it be anything goes, or does it have parameters?
>>
that looks a little watery to be chicago pizza
>>
File: 1330912805741.jpg (7 KB, 130x179) Image search: [Google]
1330912805741.jpg
7 KB, 130x179
>>7760759
>>
I think you can't just mix shit up and say "ehy, it's fusion, don't be bigot and try it"

Imho you get the best fusion when you mix things that seems similat.

So you maybe are an italian guy looking for thai recipes and find that a thai fish soup it's very similar to an italian fish soup. That's great you should experiment how create something new starting from that.
>>
>>7760759
A google image search of Chicago Style Duck Pizza actually returns no actual 'go duck 'za. Whew!
>>
>>7760756

If the end result is tasty and not a mash up of garbage, there's nothing wrong at all with breaking tradition competely.

That said, the only fusion (advertised as such; you could make an argument that fusion starts happening almost as soon as you introduce a cuisine to a foreign culture, they just don't usually use the term "fusion" to describe it) restaurant that I've ever been a regular customer to was less "Korean chefs mix and match ideas from all over the orient to make their own unique cuisine" and more "Korean chefs in the front make sushi rolls while the ones in the back make pho, teriyaki steak, and miso soup".
>>
>>7760837
viet cousine
>>
>>7760844

?

Not sure what you're trying to say. I know that pho is Vietnamese. I also know that those chefs are Korean, due to the writing around the restaurant and the fact that the language that they speak sounds pretty similar to Japanese without actually being Japanese.
>>
>oregano
>thyme
>basil
>marjoram

would /ck add any asian spices? if so, what?
>>
>>7760756
"Fusion" is just a term for combining common ingredients from other cultures into traditional food.

It's a way to make traditional food a different want without people saying you've ruined the dish because now you have the gimmick of "fusion".

That's not to say you can't find tasty food at those places but that they'd flop if they didn't promoted it as Italian style food and threw a bunch of indian spices into it.

tl;dr You have to let the customer know what they're getting
>>
File: images (2).jpg (17 KB, 367x401) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
17 KB, 367x401
Best
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.