[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forgive my first-time gripes, but I have to ask... What kind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Lobster-and-Shrimp-Pasta-Recipe.jpg (121 KB, 640x500) Image search: [Google]
Lobster-and-Shrimp-Pasta-Recipe.jpg
121 KB, 640x500
Forgive my first-time gripes, but I have to ask...

What kind of sadistic person leaves the tails on shrimp when putting them in pasta?

Is there some culinary benefit I'm unaware of? I cook pasta with shrimp de-tailed, and on the rare occasion I ask if people want the tails left on, I get looks like I just suggested their kids play Russian roulette with a semi-auto.

It's a minor thing, but the senselessness of it leads me to ask the aficionados. Is there any point to it?

Pic related- tail-on shrimp pasta.
>>
>>7760558
I don't leave it in pasta because I assume the people I'm eating with don't like it, but I personally am okay eating the tail of the shrimp. Its not like biting into a chicken bone, it's quite easy to eat.
>>
>mussels with the shells still on
fuuuuuuuuck yoooooouuuuuu
>>
it's whatever op, sometimes I eat the shell of the steamed shrimp they sell at hooters. taste good. maybe one of 10
>>
File: Edamame.jpg (140 KB, 865x692) Image search: [Google]
Edamame.jpg
140 KB, 865x692
>>7760558
I still don't know if I should eat the skin
>>
Leaving tails on for a pasta comes from either complete lack of know-how or pure laziness. It's one or the other.
>>
>>7760558
First I've heard of that usually I use shrimp heads and tails to make a stock. Use stock to make pasta sauce.
>>
This concerns me, it happens on some thai places here to. Only reason I can think of is that the tail-shell is there so you can eat the shrimp by hand should you so desire, (perhaps a trend started by tapas restaurants) and now other restaurants leave the tail to look classy even in dishes that no one would eat by hand.
>>
>>7760722
Maybe in Thai (and other east Asian cuisines) eating the tails is normal
>>
>>7760558
I'd eat the shit out of those tails if they just fried them for a bit so they aren't chewy. the problem with eating shells is you need them to both be thin but not so thin that it's flexible, as that prevents you from actually breaking it down.
>>
>>7760679
No, you're supposed to take the beans out with your teeth.
I didn't know this until recently when I made a colossal ass out of my self trying them in a restaurant, buy choking down the pod and saying "not ...bad" when it was obviously very, very bad.
>>
File: 20130527-clam-pizza-1.jpg (108 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
20130527-clam-pizza-1.jpg
108 KB, 610x458
>>7760558
>>
Why is /ck/overrun with manchildren lately?

Your parents fucked up bad
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.