[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently picked up a pack of SFTGFOP1. Darjeeling tea, however,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I recently picked up a pack of SFTGFOP1. Darjeeling tea, however, I'm unsure regarding how many times I can reuse the same leaves.

Usually I do 3-6, but this is my first encounter with this kind of tea.

Thanks!
>>
>>7760485
Is dat shrooms bro?
>>
>>7760489
N...no sir. Those are my leaves.
>>
>>7760485
I usually fill a ball infuser halfway, close it, and use it once with 1.5L of water.
>>
Green or black? I drink darjeeling exclusively since childhood, my father buys it in bulk from an importer and has been drinking the same tea for forty years.

Black tea I leave for two minutes with boiling water, no reuse. On the few occasions I prefer the green variety, use water about 70 degree Celsius (let it cool for a few minutes or use a thermometer), two minutes again and then reuse three to four times.
>>
Black tea you typically don't reuse, green tea just stop when the taste is too bland for you. I prefer the second infusion with green tea.

Also, after you get used to this quality of tea, common bagged tea will taste horrible.
>>
>>7760599
That would probably be too bland for my personal taste.

>>7760620
Oh, that's quite neat!
I bought the black variety, so I suppose single use only?
Tried re-brewing the leaves an hour ago, and the taste changed quite substantially. The aroma resembles earl grey quite accurately now.

>>7760626
Right, that's a good point you're bringing up.
I'll definitely try out the green variety too, if I manage to get my hands on it, but I only got black for now.

Thanks a bunch for the help, all of you!
>>
>>7760629
Imho black tea is nicer anyways. A few more tips because I really like tea.

Try to get an infuser with a really fine mesh sieve. That way small particles that make the tea bitter over time do not get into your tea as much. Also, try to get an infuser that doesn't cram the tea leaves too much. That way the taste can develop better, and you also need less tea.

If you like your tea with a bit milk (it is nice once in a while), always add the milk first, then pour the tea slowly. Yes, it makes a difference. Adding cold milk to hot tea does something to the milk, it doesn't bind as nicely.
>>
>>7760644
I'm actually trying to avoid using infusers all together. First I let the tea leaves brew together with the water in a big jug (So they leaves float freely), before I pour it over in a tea can.
However, there are some implication there, since as you said, you need a fine mesh sieve.

Is that a good way of brewing it?

Thank you!
>>
>>7760485
Did you tried with a gaiwan?

Most of the time, I use a gaiwan to do my tea infusion because you can control the time and the brew color easily.

I put it in my teapot after the infusion is complete.
>>
i brew my indian black tea western style; 2-4min.
havent had a chinese black yet.
you can comfortably brew it 2 times, if you go on the lighter side the first steeps also 3 times.

i havent tried brewing indian black tea gong-fu style. i have other teas for that
>>
>south asian tea
This is satire, right?
>>
>>7760485
I always steeped it once or twice, with once being strongly preferable.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.