[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pretty much my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: aaa.png (628 KB, 960x814) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
628 KB, 960x814
pretty much my life
>>
>>7760374
sushi ain't that hard. getting the ratio of vinagre to sugar for the rice was the most daunting to me. also cooking that medium grain rice after soaking it, it comes out good as long as I'm staring at it intently until it's done.
>>
>>7760386
Did you already spend two decades of your life training how to make the rise properly?.
>>
File: IMG_20160316_114852.jpg (1 MB, 2304x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160316_114852.jpg
1 MB, 2304x2304
It's a bit of practice, but it's really just getting the rice down
>>
>Working at P.F Changs
>Started Serving Sushi Rolls in 2012 I think
>Trained everyday on rolling sushi
>Get the nickname Sushi Master just by making the best looking sushi possible
>Able to teach anybody how to roll sushi perfectly the first time

It's easy bro. Like rolling a blunt.
>>
>>7760454
na, I just make it from time to time, my favorite is eel.
takes the whole fucking day from buying the fish and seafood to washing the rice and getting it right and spreading kit out to add that vinagre, let all the shit be the right temp etc. barely worth it desu.
>>
>>7760596
why does a chinese american restaurant have sushi
>>
>>7760619
asia is the same
>>
>>7760386
>medium grain rice
>>
>>7760619
>go to a chinese buffet
>caesar salad
>fish and chips
>sushi
>red jello
feels good
>>
just use extra starchy rice
i made a buffalo chicken sushi abomination the other day as a test run and it was e-z p-z
>>
>>7760829
there is a chinese buffet I used to go to that had some good stuff, frog legs and whole fried fish with the heads on and everything. They never did much business

they had to change the food to accommodate filthy round eyes I guess
>>
Is this your fucking Facebook wall go kill yourself
>>
>>7760619
Asian Bistro

Shit cray
>>
>>7760596
>mfw there are legitemate sushi + joint rolling courses
>>
>>7760619
Chinese will do anything for a dollar. They capitalize on Americans who think >>7760621

pho/sushi/tikka masala/nasi goreng its all Chinese food
>>
File: 1461633884402.png (121 KB, 301x272) Image search: [Google]
1461633884402.png
121 KB, 301x272
>>7760454
>mfw I spent 3 years learning to make that fucking rice
>>
>>7760374
>how I feel when trying to make alcohol

fusel oils give me ptsd
>>
If a bunch of uneducated Korean immigrants can make sushi so can you.
>>
>>7763255
>If a bunch of uneducated Korean immigrants can make sushi so can you.

Unless you're a fat, willfully ignorant American who doesn't care about doing anything properly.
>>
>>7760374
>Beginning a lot of things, left undone

What does this even mean? I cannot into this syntax.
>>
>>7764505
Beginning a lot of things that have been left undone.
>>
>>7763255
Tbh I wouldn't mind if they just made kimbap instead. I always have to deal with the warm grocery store ones.
>>
>>7760374
Do you eat sushi with a fork, /ck/?
>>
>>7760374
Do you have anymore of these. Pretty much relate big time
>>
File: waifu4.gif (943 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
waifu4.gif
943 KB, 200x267
>>7765182
Bought pre-made grocery store sushi once. Rice was rock hard. The whole thing was just falling apart.

I had to eat it with a spoon.
>>
>>7765182
>Do you eat sushi with a fork, /ck/?

Yes. And I often have clients fly in and want to go to sushi. I'm no longer allowed to go because I go full autismo when people use chopsticks.
>>
>>7765182
>raw meat
>roll is clearly some sort of tempura roll

and no, i don't. just like I don't eat ice cream with chopsticks, or toast with a straw.
>>
>>7760374
joke completely ruined by the text
>>
>>7760603
i want to make sushi, hell my dad bugged me for years to go to a class paid by him because omg so quirky XD
The thing im afraid of tho is buying the wrong fish and getting people really sick, i pretty much assume all fish sold directly to the public is unsafe for raw consumption
>>
>>7765182
Yes.
>>
>>7764470
Gook detected
>>
>>7767183

You're pretty safe with Tuna desu, just make sure you get fish (especially coastal and freshwater fish like Salmon) that have been flash frozen and kept at -20C for ~7 days or -35C for ~15 hours to kill off any parasites (FDA recommended temps and times for parasite destruction)
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.