[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For lemon-raspberry cupcakes, what to you think will taste best:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1443920090901.jpg (96 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
1443920090901.jpg
96 KB, 426x640
For lemon-raspberry cupcakes, what to you think will taste best:
A: fill lemon cake with raspberry filling, top with vanilla cream cheese icing
B: top lemon cake with raspberry icing

Would you be a fan of any/all of these garnishes:
>Mint leaf
>Fresh raspberry
>Drizzled dark chocolate
>Coconut flakes
>Lemon zest

I can't decide how to decorate these things.
>>
>>7760356
Nice post babe. That's a pretty little 'go 'za
>>
>>7760356
A
I don't think coconut flakes would work too well, but the others sound good and I would say keep a maximum of two of the other garnishes.
>>
Out of your two options, I'd definitely go with A.

Personally, I'd do a simple vanilla cupcake with a lemon curd filling and a raspberry frosting.

Out of the garnishes you mentioned the only ones I'd consider would be the mint sprig, fresh raspberry, and dark chocolate (lemon zest should go in the cake/frosting.

If you're making a lot the mint and berries are hard to do consistently, so I'd honestly go for a tiny drizzle of chocolate.
>>
Definitely option A OP. Have you considered white chocolate rather than dark?
>>
File: 1439033858095.jpg (1 MB, 4928x3264) Image search: [Google]
1439033858095.jpg
1 MB, 4928x3264
Also, I'm not sure what kind of filling. Compote? Jam?

>>7760385
>Have you considered white chocolate

I have, but I was leaning to dark because of contrast with the white icing of A. Maybe I could incorporate white chocolate into the icing?
>>
>>7760392
Something thick. I personally can't stand biting into soft cakes and having a bunch of runny shit fall out everywhere. It needs to hold its own in the cake, that even a big bite that takes off half of the cake doesn't cause the filling to flop out and run.
>>
>>7760393
You're right. It should be jam.
>>
>>7760385

>white chocolate

I actually defend that shit as a guilty pleasure from when I was young, but it's a terrible idea with a bunch of tart/sour ingredients.
>>
>>7760398
White chocolate+raspberry is synergistic I think anon.

Raspberry just pretty much goes with chocolate. The lemon might be ruining it here though.
>>
>>7760405
>>7760392
I was thinking something along the lines of white chocolate frosting yes. I personally love the contrast of sweet and tart things, but then again I also prefer my dessers to be more sour than sweet. I will admit that I have not tried lemon with white chocolate but the buttery sweetness of it seems like it could go well with the freshness of lemon. Definitely more so than dark chocolate.
>>
>>7760356
I would prefer a lemon cupcake with lemon filling, with a fresh raspberry ontop and vanilla icing. Lemon is such a bright flavor and raspberries can be a rather strong flavor so I think this is a less is more situation.
>>
>>7760425

A little dark chocolate goes great with lemon/fresh raspberries. White chocolate is both overpowering and bland.
>>
A

Fresh Raspberry, and maybe a coconut? Not 100% sure on the coconut though
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.