[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need your help /ck/. I'll be short on money this month,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
I need your help /ck/.

I'll be short on money this month, but not ice sandwich short on money.

what are some dishes that are pricey but don't taste like shit?
>>
'go 'za

Or, you could look through the catalogue/archives because holy fuck we have these threads at least once a day every day
>>
>>7758408

I don't come to /ck/ often, is 'go 'za chigaco pizza? Goddamn that has me grinning like a fucking retard.
>>
It's a slow board here so answers are coming.

Don't listen to those pizza memes OP, they are cancer.
>>
>>7758395
rice and peas
>>
>>7758418
It's one of the worst memes to have ever plagued 4chan, and these autistic manchildren spam it in almost every single fucking thread. It's because "chicago style pizza isn't pizza" and therefore anything is chicago style pizza.
>>
>>7758450

Yeah it's pretty dumb. But the fact two words one in moderate length, were reduced to four letters is kinds funny to me.
>>
Hey OP hope the spam filter won't fuck with me again...
>>7758433
here.

Here you go:
ck-essentials dot blogspot dot fr/2012/06/shopping-guides dot html
>>
>>7758395
Pinto beans and rice. Get some hot sauce and some tortillas and you've got your basic burrito.

See if the local food bank has any beans and rice too. They'll probably want some minimal proof of your poverty and/or poor planning skills, but odds are good they got beans and rice.
>>
>>7758450
It's stupid, but as far as I'm concerned (especially if I were a janitor that actually gave a shit) it's a food, this is a food board, they have a right to talk about their love of deep dish chicago style pizza.
>>
http://imgur.com/gallery/pHUdq
>>
chilli con carne, pizza, asian style stir fries, fried rice, chicken, macaroni and cheese, pastas, omelets(spanish tortillas) can't think of any more off the top of my head but asian stuff is usually pretty cheap to make
>>
>I'll be short on money
>what are some dishes that are pricey

If you're short on money, why are you looking for pricey dishes? I guess money's not all you are short on.
>>
>>7758688
Probably a typo.
>>
>>7758395

A cheap meal I made yesterday:

> Cilantro: $0.49/bag (way more expensive at other stores, but you can find it cheaply if in season)
> Cornmeal: $0.30/lb or so
> Lentils: ~0.80/lb or so
> Taco Seasoning, garlic powder: $3 or so/giant container from restaurant supply store
> Red Onions: $0.40 cents or so, I buy 5lb bags
> Tomato: $3/lb or so
> Lime Juice: $1.99/container
> Milk: $1/liter
> Margarine/Butter: Varies considerable
> Better than boullion: $4/container

Add one cup of milk (I used almond) and three cups of hot water into a deep frying pan. Stir in one cup of cornmeal, and set the temperature to medium-low so that it comes to a low simmer.

In another pot, three cups of hot water whisked together with about a teaspoon of boullion paste, a dash of garlic powder, and however much taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, add one cup of lentils, stir, cover, and reduce to simmer.

Stir the cornmeal mixture every 10 minutes, after 20 minutes add a healthy pat of butter and stir it in, reducing temperature if it starts to spit.

After about 40 minutes total, the lentils should be done and the polenta should be done. Turn off the heat on the polenta, salt to taste

Strain the lentils of their moisture and add additional taco seasoning/salt/etc to taste.

Put polenta on a place or in a bowl, top with the lentils, then add chopped tomato, red onion, and cilantro. Drizzle lime juice on top. I'd estimate the cost per serving at about $0.40 or so. You could make the polenta without milk and it would be fine, albeit less creamy, to shave another maybe $0.10 off that.

tl;dr lentils and cornmeal are cheap as shit, and herbs/spices are cheap if you know where to shop (protip: not Safeway, look for restaurant supply stores, discount grocers, ethnic stores, etc)
>>
>>7758395
here ya go m8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiSg6lwIItU
>>
>>7759015
These guys are so bad. They take potentially decent ingredients and make them worse than if you cooked nothing at all.
>>
Check out my polish thread, OP. As long as you can get potatoes, flour and quark you're set for life.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.