[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I get make crispier nuggies? I made these with leftover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_1176.jpg (817 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1176.jpg
817 KB, 2048x1536
how do I get make crispier nuggies? I made these with leftover onion ring stuff, but I feel like I could do better with a good recipe.
>>
>>7756393
Throw away the nuggets.
Buy some popcorn chicken.
Throw em in the oven 425f 15 min
>>
>>7756399
pop nuggies are low-tier
>>
panko
>>
>>7756393

The scientists at Mcnuggers university, have proven that there are only four shapes that produce superior nuggers, get your shit together fagggot.
>>
>>7756404
You fucking pansy ass pinko go back to mcdonalds and stuff your face of mcnuggets.
>>
>>7756410
I've tried that before but it's not the right kind of crispy.
>>
>>7756418

what kind of crispy are you looking for, rock hard like when you dream about your mancrush?
>>
>>7756393
Do more layers of wet dry wet dry over each other do like a rripple dredging that'll make em crisper than your momma nipples
>>
>>7756431
when you get fried chicken at kfc or popeyes the breading is a crunchy crust with irregular consistency. there are thin parts and flaky bits that stick out with cracks all between. with panko the breading is consistent with basically the same texture as what you started with. cornflake breading isn't the same either since the flaky bits in restaurant chicken is clearly made out of the same stuff as the rest of the breading.

I magine that the breading for popeyes and stuff starts with a powder, then undergoes some kind of spraying and heating process to make coarse granules, and then is mixed back in with more powder.
>>
>>7756486
the crunchy bits are from flour.
Fried chicken is made by dredging the pieces in flour, sometimes mixed with spices, then in a beaten egg or other liquid, then in the flour again, and fried.
>>
>>7756486
here's a recipe
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/fried-chicken-recipe10.html
>>
>>7756486
>stuff starts with a powder, then undergoes some kind of spraying and heating process to make coarse granules, and then is mixed back in with more powder.

mother fucking basic science drop out. The irregular texture is achieved by the use of several leavening agents; eggs and/or powered eggs, bakeing soda + powder with an acid like butter milk to catalyze the reaction and under mixing the batter to form air pockets that will expand durring the cooking process, faggot.
>>
>>7756517
>>I'm wrong
dumbass, what you said might even be right, but it doesn't take a fucking science drop out to put together the regular way to a mass produced way. irregular texture is achieved in most fucking restaurants by dredging in flour that has batter in mixed in to create irregular pieces of breading. the process described is the same shit just prepackaged. it can and would fucking work.
>>
>>7756517
>the batter to form air pockets that will expand durring the cooking process
what? unless you're making it like tempura you don't use batter for fried chicken, and expanding gas would make it puffy, not crispy.
>>
>>7756486
What are you going on about? I've worked in fast food making chicken. You take the raw chicken and dip it in a flour-spice mix then throw it in the fryer . That's it. Sometimes your dip in water or something then back in the floor for a second layer. It's fucking simple.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.