[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
directly from the chef
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: asian_chef.jpg (243 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
asian_chef.jpg
243 KB, 426x640
Has anyone else ever eaten at the house of someone who is a chef by trade?

I’ve done it twice. Both times have been an explosion of flavor like never before. My belief is that in their
own home, the gloves are off, no restrictions, and the chefs can do whatever they want, in addition to years
of experience.
>>
>>7754928

>people that cook food for a living are good at cooking food
>>
>>7754972
I was expecting it to be as good as the restaurants they work at (mediocre), but it was like 10x better.
>>
>>7754990

restaurants only care about profit margin and most dishes on the menu are generally there because they are cheap as fuck to make.

they also have to cook/prep in bulk which is going to result in some kind of reduction in quality and on particularly busy nights that line cook probably didn't give a fuck about following the recipe when he was prepping
>>
wish I knew a chef
>>
yeah, she was an older Asian woman. she made a bunch of stuff I've never heard of before, but everything was awesome.
>>
Depends on the chef and if they have something to prove.
At the very least, you'll have an excellently cooked meal with thoughtfully put together ingredients. Even if what you're having might be c9nsidered pretty standard fair.
>>
i lived with 2 chefs thats why im such a bad ass cook
>>
>>7754928
My wife's husband is a chef. Usually when he cooks they make me sit out in the shed, but on special occasions they let me in to taste his cooking and it really is amazing.
>>
>>7757374
>my wife's husband is a chef
>I'm a chef

Good one retard
>>
>>7754928
Yeah, it was cheap stuff but cooked really well and he took like half an hour from start to finish when I take about 2.
>>
>>7756006
>tfw no Asian wife to cook new things for me
I didn't come here for feels
>>
>>7757374
kek
>>
my friend works at mcDonald's. he hooks me up with nuggeys
>>
idk, some guy out of chef school made me some really good beans once. lol
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.