[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a camp cooking thread? I plan to get out inna woods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: muffin-maker-stove.jpg (213 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
muffin-maker-stove.jpg
213 KB, 1200x800
Can we have a camp cooking thread?
I plan to get out inna woods this summer.
>>
all you need to get cookin; good lookin'
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5blShKdI6E

The whole channel is comfy af.
>>
>>7754802
>Can we have a camp cooking thread?
Ice chest with marinating ziplocs of shishkebobs, lots of great prepared salads kept cold. Fresh watermelon to slice (filled with vodka if you like). Foil packets on the fire for the veggies, potatoes or meat, just toss em in there. That's about all I do, unless you want to set up a spit or some kind of grate. S'mores or some kind of brownies. Sometimes a cobbler if the season is right. The fire is more about the socializing than dinner for me. I'd rather have a small hibachi.

Rechargeable Jimmy Buffet blender with some cream of coco and frozen pineapple + rum optional.
>>
File: 1465039283490.png (954 KB, 1414x631) Image search: [Google]
1465039283490.png
954 KB, 1414x631
>>7754900
>Yeah I'm gonna hike that shit into the bush
>>
>>7755044
>2016 not wearing the whipsnake pack

https://youtu.be/ZAtzN_ScKXY
>>
When I go camping in cooler months I always cut a bunch of slits in potatoes and stuff them with onion slices and then I add salt pepper dill and a good dollop of margarine. Then I wrap them up in foil balls and plastic and throw them in my backpack so everyone can have baked potatoes on the first day

Then I learned I'm basically trying to manufacture botulism so I stopped
>>
>>7755283
Takes more than a day for botulinus toxins to develop
>>
>>7755165
funniest shit ive seen in quite a while
thank you for that
>>
>>7755361
>>7755361
Yeah its a big favorite on /out/
>>
Kill something
Cook it over a fire on a stick
>>
>>7755283

>he thinks bot' develops in less than a couple of days
>>
Cornbread and chili made in a cast iron. Can't go wrong with that. Potatoes are great too, put them in some foil with butter and garlic and toss it right into the fire. If you want something sweet there's something called a banana boat where you split the banana down the middle, put a few pieces of chocolate inside then wrap it in foil and let it cook on the fire until it gets nice and gooey.

How long you headed out for, and what type of camping? Light weight? Car camping? What type really tells you what kind of food you can make.
>>
File: side-farm-campsite-large.jpg (192 KB, 1000x802) Image search: [Google]
side-farm-campsite-large.jpg
192 KB, 1000x802
>>7756200
I really dig car/van/rv camping .
Call me white trash but its easy and fun.
>>
>>7756454

Nothing trashy about it. It's a very convenient way to get outdoors when you don't have more time to dedicate yourself to a more prolonged excursion. You really have your pick of the menu if it's going to be some car camping, especially with a good 5-day cooler to keep all your food chilled. Last time I got out was only for 3 days--due for another trip here shortly also--and ended up fishing all of them. Had trout for dinner each night cooked over the fire.

What kind of cooking gear you looking to take?
>>
>>7756515
i have a hibachi grill I got off amazon.
Its just like the ones from the 50s but made in china.

between that and hobo packs, I am usually set.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.