[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the orange such a shit fruit? It is complicated to eat,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: orange.png (219 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
orange.png
219 KB, 600x600
Why is the orange such a shit fruit? It is complicated to eat, unlike the banana, it is quite the chore to peel the skin off to a satisfactory level....furthermore, the juice tends to get everywhere making quite the mess

Oranges are better off being turned into juice
>>
>>7753952
Cuties are easy to peel. Try thouse.
>>
>>7753952
it's not a shit fruit, you are using it incorrectly, even its skin is great in certain dishes, please fuck off.
>>
>>7753952
You're quite the faggot, aren't you?
>>
Realistically it's been bred for hundreds of years to be easier to peel. At this point you're being a fussy faggot who can't be bothered with basic tasks. You're the person those peeled bananas on styrofoam under shrink wrap were marketed too.
>>
>>7753952
>not eating the peel
>>
>>7753952
Because you're trying to eat valencia oranges, when you should be eating navel oranges. Leave valencias for juicing.
>>
>>7753956
>cuties
Kill yourself
>>7753952
I bet OP can't peel them with his bloated diabetic hands.

pic related what OP buys
>>
>>7753952
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RAw3QdwbH4
>>
>>7753952
It's easy to peel if you do it the way monkeys do. They start from the bottom.

They also will take a knife and make one vertical slice on the side, then slice it into horizontal slices. Then they just take the two ends of the peel, pull them apart, and eat the triangles of orange off the strip they just made.
>>
>>7753952
are you in kindergarten? my fucking kindergartners at work have trouble with oranges and only the kindergartners
>>
>>7753952
Honestly oranges are finickey to peel no matter what people say. but they honestly don't take much skill to get it down and you really have no excuse but dullardness or impatience for not improving with the number of oranges you eat. same can be said about leaking juice. When you learn to peal without damaging the fruit inside you will end up not having that problem anymore.
>>
>>7754250
Did you just call peeling an orange a "skill?"

OP is clearly a retard but that doesnt mean we all have to join him
>>
File: oXRmvsF.jpg (116 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
oXRmvsF.jpg
116 KB, 640x640
>it is quite the chore to peel the skin off to a satisfactory level
If it takes you more than 11 seconds to peel an orange you're either doing it wrong or you're mentally fucked

Cut it and half and eat it like a melon or just eat the peel like a normal person.

Fucking manchildren
>>
>>7753952

10/10 troll thread.

Better than 'go 'za
>>
Cara caras and blood oranges are fucking amazing
>>
>not being able to eat an orange without making a mess
>liking to peel a banana
>>
File: 1464806455043.jpg (31 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1464806455043.jpg
31 KB, 433x419
>>7754471
>Did you just call peeling an orange a "skill?"
>>
>>7754611
>eat the peel like a normal person.
And an ooga booga to you too Mr Monkey.
>>
>>7753952

and even the juice is pretty shit. definitely a shit tier fruit along with apple.
>>
>>7753952
Well I can't flavor mousse with a banana peel
>>
>>7754847
>>7754471
the ability to do something well; expertise:
"difficult work, taking great skill"
synonyms: expertise · skillfulness · expertness · adeptness · [more]

a particular ability:
"the basic skills of cooking"
synonyms: ability · strength · gift · skill set

posted for you two retards. I also suggest removing your dick in your ass that prevents you from looking up the word you are going to be pandetic about before risking making an ass of yourself. your call. it wont change how wrong you are in real life, but you may occasionally be forced to realize your delusions don't match reality if you fact check.
>>
>>7755119
Only peels that don't effect the flavour should be eaten

Like apples and kiwis
>>
>>7755236
You can't eat Kiwi peel
>>
>>7754039

>first world problems
>>
>>7755310

>he doesn't eat his kiwi peels

I bet you don't eat your pizza crust either fag
>>
>>7755236
But the apple peel does affect the flavor, it's some of the best flavor of the apple.
>>
>>7755227
>uhmm asschuallty..
>"Delusions" and "fact checking"
>Claiming to have superior real life social abilities to avoid looking like an ass

Self awareness comes later for some some than others
>>
>>7755333
Man, the look on my friends' faces when I eat a kiwi like an apple is amazing. I love it.
>>
>>7753952
fucking hell its the orange shill again, when will you kikes stop promoting oranges? fucking jewish fruit
>>
>>7755376
Why would you want to eat a rough skin covered in hair?
>>
>>7755398
The rough hair on my tongue reminds me of licking a man's five o'clock shadow
>>
>>7753952
At least they have juice. Bananas are just mush
Best fruits is probably the grapefruit tbhfam, followed by the mango, and then maybe, just MAYBE the tomato. It is essential in 'cago 'deep 'deish 'za after all
>>
>>7755398
feels just like ball stubble
>>
>>7753952

your hands also smell like orange zest for hours after peeling one, shit sucks
>>
>>7753952
>Oranges are better off being turned into juice
That is, in fact, why they exist.
>>
>>7755416
This is the worst part. I like orange juice, especially bitter, and I don't mind eating oranges either but I hate the smell of it.
>>
>>7753952
OP, you're a fucking faggot
>>
File: fedora's are hardcore.webm (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
fedora's are hardcore.webm
3 MB, 500x281
>>7755227
Woah dude, they weren't even making fun of you, they were laughing with you.

I bet your fun at parties...
>>
>>7755634
Don't use a comma before the word 'and'.
>>
>>7757062
You are incorrect. Please kill yourself.
>>
>>7757062
>Don't use a comma before the word, 'and'.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>7753952
Here's what my brother taught me: first take a knife and try to cut just deep enough to pierce the rind and make an incision from the top (near the stem) to the bottom.

Then, at the top and bottom of the first incision, cur perpendicular lines.

Enjoy.
>>
>>7757062
Never heard of the Oxford Comma, pleb?
>>
>>7757091
Even though that anon is wrong, that wouldn't be an Oxford comma. It's not a list. It's an aside separated by commas.
>>
Itt:
>Fuck, oranges!

>No, fuck, you, your, comma, usage, sux!
>>
>>7755310
You can and I fact I do eat mine on each and every kiwi I've ever eaten. Beats peeling those fuckers and I like to believe the skin is full of vitamins (and pesticides and what not).
>>
I've known someone from Florida who hates both the fruit and the juice. She was better off leaving the state.
>>
Oranges are easy as fuck to peel. Are you some sort of fuck?

Try peeling a Mango and eat it without getting your hands sticky and come back to me.
>>
>>7758335
This has changed my life
>>
>>7758373
This turns me on for some reason.
>>
File: Huh.jpg (85 KB, 815x543) Image search: [Google]
Huh.jpg
85 KB, 815x543
Oranges are a shit fruit because they don't peal easy.

Just quit oxygen OP it's hard to breathe under all that fat.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.