[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tiramisu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2048
How do you guys do it?

>pic related is mine

Recipe:

Ladyfingers
Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate (I used a whipping siphon)
Sabayon (yolks, sugar, bailey's cream since I had no marsala)
Chocolate Cabernet sauce
Mascarpone cheese (1lb)

1) To make the cold brew coffee concentrate I steeped 60g of coffee with 300g of water and pressurized it in a whipping siphon, then ran it through a filter. Coffee is steeped for 2 hours before filter. Let it sit in the fridge while you prep other stuff too

2) to make sabayon: 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup milk, 3 yolks, and splash of baileys (to your taste). Cook till boiling point and when mixture thickens slightly, then let it sit at room temp for 30 minutes. Refrigerate after for 1 hour.

3) Mix room temperature mascarpone cheese with chilled sabayon. Set aside.

4) mix cold brew with a small splash of baileys, Cabernet chocolate sauce, and 1/2 cup of water (since its concentrated)

5) Dip ladyfingers in cold brew mix and layer to your fitting. At each layer, top with sabayon-mascarpone mix and then cover it with a little chocolate shavings and cocoa powder. Then repeat to get the layers you want
>>
Tiramisu is for fat chicks.
>>
>Hipster Italian cake
>>
>>7753020
My mom requested, so I made it,
>>
>>7752989
pretty much same way. tho i don't put milk in my sabayon (just constantly mix it over double boiler until ribbons). and i typically use a diluted espresso for the dip.
>>
>>7753038
I find the sabayon isn't as fatty as those made with cream. Plus you get enough of the fatty creaminess from the mascarpone.

Some tweaks I was thinking of using next time was zesting a citrus of some kind (any suggestions) into the mascarpone/sabayon to have some citrus cut through the fat. (cold brew wasn't very acidic, which is a downside of that style of coffee)
>>
>>7753028
How'd it turn out? Jokes aside, It's pretty great for breakfast
>>
>>7753063
Better than I expected, wasn't too sweet, perfect balance with the bitter elements. Only thing it needed in my opinion was some type of citrus or more acid bite to cut through the rich fattiness.

Worse part I'm on a cut so I can't each much of it lol.
>>
>>7752989
Everytime I've had it it was too wet. Like bread saturated with cold coffee. Idk f that's how it's supposed to be.
>>
>>7753068
*eat
>>7753070
With ladyfingers it'll always be saturated. Those things suck up like a sponge.

Using a cake layering instead of ladyfingers would make it more like a cake and drier
>>
>>7753070
But in general the inside of the cake should be a bit wet
>>
>>7753050
>I find the sabayon isn't as fatty as those made with cream. Plus you get enough of the fatty creaminess from the mascarpone.

sabayon isn't made with cream. it's just sugar and egg (optionally white wine, white wine vinegear, or lemon juice)
>>
>>7752989
>making tiramisu
>calls zabaglione """sabayon"""
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.