[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Froze a pack of supermarket burgers, back in November and defrosted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: hamburger-raw-000008063859X.jpg (45 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
hamburger-raw-000008063859X.jpg
45 KB, 620x350
Froze a pack of supermarket burgers, back in November and defrosted them in the fridge last night. They have grayed a little in some parts, but I heard that's from the the thawing.

Should I eat them?

Picrelated. Look similar, just better quality meat/coarser grind.
>>
>>7752918
DO IT OP EAT IT AND POST RESULTS
>>
Do they smell funny? If they don't, eat them.
>>
>>7752918
>>7752918
>not defrosting them by tossing them in warm water for 15 minutes.
>>
This will no be a problem
>>
>>7752957
The only way I can describe the smell is "sweet". i know it sounds strange, but they smell like sweet meat.
>>
>>7753106
they have gone bad.
Discard.
>>
>>7752918
>back in November
That's 7 months. They're fine.
Believe me, bad meat smells BAD.
>>
>>7753112
Let me add that the only thing that happens if you freeze something for too long is it gets freezerburnt. At worst the texture would be off. It won't hurt you regardless.
>>
>>7753109
I'll play it safe and chuck them out. Shame the meat was good quality when I first got it ;__;

Thanks /ck
>>
>>7752918
They might be a little dry, or have a weird texture, but if you season them right they will be tasty, andtheyrenot at all dangerous.
>>
Meat goes bad for humans really in two ways.

The first way is decomposition from bacteria and fungus.

The second way is physical damage from overcooking or freezing too long.

You could leave a piece of sterile meat in a airtight bag for 1000 years and it would be fine.

If you are freezing meat, you are only concerned with the physical damage.
>>
>>7752918
no dude. just don't. it's what $6 worth of burgers. you willing to risk a trip to the ER for food poisoning just to save $6?
>>
>>7753278
Don't listen to people like this OP
You're not living life if you don't eat these fucking burgers and let us know how it goes
>>
>>7753312
for science & laughs
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.