[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>does my wok look to be seasoned correctly? This is like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>does my wok look to be seasoned correctly?

This is like the 5th time I've cooked on it, I never use soap when I clean it and I always cover it in a light coat of oil when I am done.
>>
It looks fine for being practically brand new.

Come back after you've used it 50 times and ask about the seasoning then.
>>
>>7752828

no. what the dick is wrong with you, it's all shiny and shit.
>>
>>7752838
I was just curious about the sides still being all shiny. I know when I was in Asia every wok I saw was black on the sides and bottom, I get that those have been used thousands of times, but the sides on mine show no signs of turning black.
>>
that wok is all fucked up, it'll never be right, get a new one you pok gwai lo
>>
no

put your burner on as high as possible and leave your wok on it for like 20 minutes
>>
File: hr3061650-14.jpg (106 KB, 1024x764) Image search: [Google]
hr3061650-14.jpg
106 KB, 1024x764
>>7752875
I have one of those bullshit flat surface electric burners. I left it on the burner on hi for like 20 minutes and what you see is all it did
>>
>>7752920

>glass cooktop

go kill yourself
>>
>>7752920
That's gonna suck for a wok, have you seen what wok burners look like? You need a really high flame to heat the edges of the wok too.
>>
>>7752920
You can't use a wok on these.
>>
>>7752935
Nigger I live in an apartment where all of that shit is provided.

>>7752944
I have, I guess I could take it to my parents house, they have gas burners there.
>>
>>7752920

you are pretty much fucked then

try finding one of those standalone burners, you can get for cheap at asian markets and work pretty well
>>
>>7752920
You need to buy a single burner that can put out some BTUs or use it over the heat of a gas grill if you have a glass top. Why would you think a wok was a good idea with what you have? I have coils since apartment and I would love to use a wok, but I'm not retarded enough to try. You'll never get that fucker hot enough to use properly.
>>
>>7752920
>wok
>electric stovetop
>kys

pick all three
>>
>>7752828
just wash it dude, the whole "seasoning" meme is just an old wives tale type thing
>>
>>7752920
HAHAHAHAHAH
just get yourself a deep-bottom, flat-bottom SS saute pan
you will get 200% better results because the entire bottom of the pan will be in contact with your heating surface
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.