[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am making smoked salmon for the first time on my smoker.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: FIZ57KFI98BJWNS.MEDIUM.jpg (56 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
FIZ57KFI98BJWNS.MEDIUM.jpg
56 KB, 620x465
I am making smoked salmon for the first time on my smoker.

I cured it with salt and sugar last night. And its going to be smoked at 170 or just under for about 2 hours.

This is the first time ive ever had hot smoked salmon.

Can anyone recommend some side dishes that would go good with my meal ?

I dont know what people eat with this smoked salmon. Usually when I make it we just pan sear and serve with a sauteed tomato onion and mushroom topping that has wine butter and lemon. Then I eat it with wild rice or cous cous and some kind of veg like Broccoli or Asparagus.

I could go with Broccoli and wild rice tonight but what else would be good sides ?

This is an example of how I am doing the fish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zT8QBMEML8
>>
I use this recipe and only this recipe and my family loves it

http://salmonuniversity.com/archives/582
>>
File: oXRmvsF.jpg (116 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
oXRmvsF.jpg
116 KB, 640x640
I tend to eat as little as possible with salmon

It goes well with the same things white fish does: Fennel, White Potatoes, Sharp Tomatoes, Couscous, Quinoa, Pearl Barley etc
>>
File: 1459436023571.png (85 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1459436023571.png
85 KB, 251x251
>>7747700
brah, with my BGE, I brine for 8-10 hours.
rinse fillets 3 times otherwise they tend to be overly salty when finished.
dry for 3-4 hours to form the pellicle.
smoke at 180* for 4-6 hours. i like to smoke at least 4 for softer fillet and 5-6 for da' candy.
>>
I decided to make potato Latkes as the starch to go with my salmon and then just steam some broccoli and butter and salt it.

I will fry the potato Latkes when the smoked salmon is almost done.

I plan on making some Smoke Salmon dip with the leftovers later on.
>>
Ok I changed my mind, instead of the broccoli I am going to do creamed spinach with some fennel and leek.
>>
>>7747700
what wood are you using?
>>
>>7747950
I have a Cedar wood plank instead of putting it on my grade an in the fire box I have lump with a few pieces of Cherry.
>>
I just typed in Potato Latkes into youtube and this Jewish lady was the first recipe and I just went with that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygD55BgJieg
>>
celery root puree

and for some reason lentils always go well with salmon
>>
>>7747962
You look into getting some alder. It's the traditional wood in the Pacific Northwest. Apple is a good light smoke. Looks good, anon.
>>
>>7749184
Celery root puree for the nitrates I would assume.
>>
scrambled eggs
>>
Slaw
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.