[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when wings were considered garbage and you could buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 16
File: wings_and_fries.jpg (125 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
wings_and_fries.jpg
125 KB, 1000x750
Remember when wings were considered garbage and you could buy huge trays of them for a couple of bucks? They practically gave them away. Then hot/buffalo wings became a thing, and now their one of the most expensive despite having the least amount of meat and the largest amount of waste. I went to the store today and 3.5 lbs. were $9.

When I was poor, I'd go buy a tray of chicken wings and a 5 lb. bag of frozen crinkle fries and fry everything up. I could get the fries and a quart of oil for $3. Then another $3 for the wings. $6 bucks for some god-tier comfort food. I looked forward to it after a week of eating oatmeal, rice, beans, pork necks...

Now it costs about $15. It more than doubled!

Please quit buying wings. Thank you.
>>
supply and demand muthafukkaaaaa!!!!
>>
>>7747269
I think it's a natural process, same thing happened with lobster.
>>
Welcome to basic economics. It really is a fuckin shame though. Same thing happened to skirt steak
>>
Lobsters used to be trash food for poor people, now they're the highest-priced item on the menu.

In 50 years, Ramen will probably be a $20 delicacy.
>>
Chicken is such a peasant's food no matter how much you charge for it. Eat your chicken nuggers whilst I eat pork and beef, pleb.
>>
>>7747291
There's a place in Austin that charges close to that already. Selling peasant/comfort food to hipsters at a premium is pretty much what that shithole is all about.
>>
>>7747295
I'm fine with this.
>>
>>7747269
Supply and demand + inflation
>>
>>7747295
There's nothing fancy about pork, at all
>>
>>7747295
You can eat all of those. It's not a contest
>>
>>7747325
how many more faggots are going to repeat this

just wondering
>>
>>7747285
>Skirt Steak is 11.25/lb at my supermarket
>>
>>7747334
Le supply and demand xD

stay mad fuckboi
>>
File: 1465006089470.gif (558 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1465006089470.gif
558 KB, 300x169
>>7747269
>wings
>with no sauce or seasoning
>>
>>7747365
You dip them in hot sauce, newfag.
>>
>>7747382
But then you'll have to dip them twice because of the ranch.
>>
>>7747334
So you're going to call people faggots for having a valid explanation that you can't refute?

Ok. .
>>
Buy leg quarters, loser. They're fifty cents a pound.
>>
>friends drag me into Buffalo Wild Wings for boneless wings night
>I get hot "boneless wings" because I'm poor
>sauce is some shitty paste that came straight from a bottle
>"wings" are just chicken nuggets with shitty breaking that falls off

Wtf is wrong with people and wings.
>>
>>7747630
it was probably white meat, too, right?
>>
>>7747630
You got chicken nuggets not wings dumbass.
>>
>>7747630
I never got it, either.

Wings don't taste good on their own, so you always have to dip it into some HFCS bullshit in order to make it edible.

People are paying $10+ dollars for Ranch dressing, essentially.
>>
>>7747485
Not as delectable.

>>7747644
Only plebs dip their wings in ranch. And not all wings have to be buffalo/hot wings.

Have you never ordered Chinese takeout? Some places give you wings instead of an egg roll. I've even been given both before.
>>
>>7747640
Yes, I know that, twat.

>>7747658
the Asian wings I've had around my town are really good. They're always the perfect amount of crisp.
>>
>>7747675
>I know that, twat

Then why are you mad at the restaurant for giving you what you ordered? Next time, order wings.
>>
>>7747687
>boneless wing sale night
>get boneless wings
>get chicken nuggets instead

You are dense.
>>
>>7747269
I make wings at home in the UK, get 10 wings (makes 20 buffalo "wings" when you cut em in half) for about £1.50

that's, what, $3?
>>
>>7747692
>boneless wings

what do you think these are?
>>
>>7747694
I still wouldn't want to live in the UK, though.
>>
>>7747697
Wings without a bone in them, as the name implies

>implying I go to Buffalo Wild Wings ever
>>
>>7747697
No, no. They're called wings, so they have to be wings. They're wings, not nuggets. Wings. It's in the name.
>>
>>7747701
Do you really think they debone all those wings?
>>
>>7747692
No, anon. You are the stupid.
>>
>>7747704
>>7747705
>>7747707
I'm sorry for offending you guys who still enjoy ordering tendies at restaurants
>>
>>7747715
Wings are tendies. They're just not battered and fried.
>>
>>7747658
>liking plain """"""""""wings""""""""""""

LMAO white boi cant handle a little spice :^)
>>
>>7747719
I dip them in hot sauce, faggot.
>>
>>7747717
Which makes them not tendies.
>>
>>7747630
BWW is a pretty big rip off when I could go to a real bar pay maybe the same price and get a much much better meal

Also idk about their sauce but I learned somthing really interesting when I worked at a wing street.

The hot sauce at most chain wing places contain synthesized capsaicin because it's much cheaper than using really peppers. However synthesized capsaicin is just hot there is a lot of heat with little taste or spice to it that's why a lot of those wings have a chemical kind of taste and heat to them
>>
wings a shit
>>
>>7747730
Grilled tendies are still tendies.

Alternatively: more tendy than wing.
>>
>>7747739
It's just a greasy comfort food
>>
File: 1459651132550.png (71 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1459651132550.png
71 KB, 592x492
>>7747725
>dip
marinading them in sauce too hot for you, white boi?
>>
>>7747269
God I hate eating wings. There's barely any meat on them and you have to munch on them like a savage to get to it. Then for your measly 1.5 mouthfuls of chicken you now have sauce and grease all over your face and fingers.

Fuck. That. Shit.
>>
>>7747763

If you buy non shit-tier wings there's a fuckload of meat on them.
>>
>>7747746

Comfort food is such a fucking stupid idea. Oh boy I sure do feel better once I stuff myself with grease and macaroni and cheese but oh wait my comfort food is two whole pizza slurp belch smack smack

If you seriously consider "comfort food" a real thing and not just an excuse to eat shit then you need to kill yourself.
>>
>>7747269
so how much does it cost if you make the same meal with thighs?
>>
>>7747828
Thighs just aren't the same and you know it dude
>>
>>7747269
This happens all the time. Someone figures out how to make something particularly delicious out of a cheap ingredient, it becomes popular and the cost of that ingredient goes up. It happened with chicken wings the same way it happened with oxtails, beef short ribs, pork belly and skirt steak.
>>
>>7747816
Comfort food can be anything you autist.

My comfort food is clear chicken soup.
>>
>>7747304
There is a fancy ramen place here in Nashville too. $12 a bowl.
>>
>>7747864
thighs are kinda good, I could see some garlic making great thighs. what do you think?
>>
>>7747960
I fucking swear! It's bad enough the overall price of food is going up, but the price of inexpensive cuts has been skyrocketing. Even organ meats are expensive now!
>>
>>7747975
anyway bolonge our rice tonight, our both?
>>
>>7747980
our egg sandwich, our peanut butter, pudding, carrot cake, what it gonna be?
>>
File: 56d0e4393e40b.image[1].jpg (49 KB, 620x621) Image search: [Google]
56d0e4393e40b.image[1].jpg
49 KB, 620x621
>>7747749
Please stop.
>>
>>7747630
>Order chicken nuggets
>Surprised when you get chicken nuggets

Plus the phrase 'comes from a bottle means nothing.' They make their own sauces then bottle them yes. That doesn't change the taste.
>>
>>7747269
This is why I tell people that wings are pleb tier food. If enough people listen, demand will decrease and that means more wings for me.
>>
>>7747291
Lobster isn't trendy anymore.

Ramen is trash because it is processed food, real patricians won't ever eat that.
However, ramen is based on actual Asian food.
>>
>>7747295
>eating pork
>>
>>7747965

I wish your comfort food was a bullet so you'd take your stupid shit to hell with you.
>>
>>7748033
yes it does.

They add preservatives.

the thing about stupid people, is they believe they're smart.
>>
>>7747269
> 2016
> Eating Wings (or in the boneless case "Wyngz")
> Not eating Hot Chicken

Fucking Plebs
>>
>>7748074
Hot sauce is usually made with a lot of salt and vinegar, requiring no additional preservatives.

Unless you think vinegar and salt are bad for some reason.
>>
>>7747978
That's because all the really good cuts are so expensive that people who actually cook are willing to bother with the lesser cuts. To be fair, it only seems expensive to us because we're used to our food being ridiculously cheap in the first place. Meat has gotten more expensive over the last decade or so, but it's much cheaper in the US than the rest of the developed world. Just eat less of it, like the rest of the world does.
>>
>>7747295
>he's never heard of poulet de bresse or label anglaise

real chicken isn't that shit you find in the supermarket
>>
>>7748093
this
>>
>>7748093
>real chicken isn't that shit you find in the supermarket
Not everyone shops at Wal-Mart in Middle America bro.
>>
File: sweating_profusely.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sweating_profusely.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>7747365
>never having Old Bay wings
>>
>>7748093
>overpriced fancy chickens raised free range for a few months then fattened on corn

lol big fucking deal.

I eat birds that I shoot and lived their entire lives free and on wild foods.
>>
>>7748111
>Old Bay
He said seasoning.
>>
File: wallace.gif (920 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
wallace.gif
920 KB, 499x374
>>7748119
>Old Bay
>not seasoning
>>
File: IMG_20160515_140250.jpg (227 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160515_140250.jpg
227 KB, 960x960
>>7747397
> Using, associating, or posting about ranch

Absolutely pleb
>>
>>7748091
>Just eat less of it, like the rest of the world does.
I already did, so it still jacks up my food bill. But I also think a little protein should be in each meal instead of breakfast and snacks being almost entirely carbohydrates. People are fucking nuts for sugar.
>>
>>7748185
I agree completely, but at a certain point I decided beans and nuts (and canned fish) were a better value than having expensive meat all the time. Cut my grocery bill way down, and with all the money I save eating beans all the time I can go out to nice places when I feel like having some meat.
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (5 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
5 KB, 480x360
>>7748129
>old bay
>a seasoning
>>
>>7747485
Where the fuck do you live that quarters are 50c/lb? Lowest I can find is $2/lb
>>
>>7748307
Not him, but here in Philamuhdelphia, they're $1/lb regular price and 49¢/lb when on sale. I've seen them drop as low as 39¢/lb, too. This is for fresh, mind you. Frozen ones go as low as 28¢/lb, sold in 10lb bags for $2.79. Sure, they're pumped with saltwater, but even if the injection makes up half their weight (impossible, but still), they'd be only 56¢/lb, anyway, which is still a remarkably good deal.

I make homemade stock. Why buy chicken bones ranging in price from 99¢/lb to $youareaskinghowfuckingmuchforsomebones? when you can just get a 10lb bag of frozen leg quarters and get some meat out of it, as well?

>>7747269
Speaking of bags of frozen chicken, Supreme/Thriftway/Shop'n'Bag is a local ghetto-chain that's surprisingly respectable. Everything is of shockingly good quality despite the stores being typically in the worst areas of the city (except for one in University City, surrounded by half-million dollar properties). They even carry a variety of import goods that other supermarkets don't carry, like merguez imported from France and chestnut flour imported from Italy due to African immigrants eating those products. The only problem I have with Supreme is that they haven't updated any of their stores since the 1970s, so walking into one is like stepping back in time.

Anyway, they sell frozen 3lb bags of wings for $5. Fresh wings vary from $1.99-$2.99/lb here unless you go to one of the stupid-people stores. Those stores are called 'Acme' and, increasingly, 'Giant.' At those places, the prices are just about double normal price.
On sale, wings routinely dip to $1.49/lb and on manager's special, I've gotten wings for as little as $1/lb.
I don't know how much crinkle cut fries are but I'd bet that for $6, you can still make yourself a wings-and-fries dinner here.

Also
>pork necks
you black or southern? Don't nobody eat no damn pork necks unless they gots some connection to the south.
>>
>>7748410
>Don't nobody eat no damn pork necks unless they gots some connection to the south.
I knew a couple old Italian immigrant ladies who used them (fresh, not smoked) to make red sauce in a pressure cooker. Pretty fucking good.
>>
>>7747333
You can eat all of those. It's not a contrast
>>
>>7747333
You can eat all of those. It's not a contract
>>
File: old bay seasoning.jpg (14 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
old bay seasoning.jpg
14 KB, 190x190
>>7748230
>>
>>7748431
>implying they're not southern italians
The south's the south. The country don't matter.
>>
>>7748410
>southern
OP is southern. Source: am OP
>>
>>7747334
You are not the brightest of anons.
>>
>>7747295

Enjoy you're high cholesterol.
>>
>>7748083
shut the fuck up

BWW hot sauce: CAYENNE RED PEPPER, DISTILLED VINEGAR, SOYBEAN OIL, SALT, WATER, HABANERO CHILES*, JALAPENO
PEPPERS, EGG YOLK, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, GARLIC (INCLUDING DEHYDRATED), XANTHAN GUM,
LEMON JUICE CONCENTRATE, SPICES, ONION*, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, MOLASSES, CORN
SYRUP, CARAMEL COLOR, SUGAR, CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA ADDED TO PROTECT FLAVOR, ANCHOVIES,
TAMARIND. *DEHYDRATED
>>
>>7748083
lol
HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CHILI GARLIC SAUCE (SALTED CHILI PEPPERS, GARLIC, WATER, SUGAR,
RICE VINEGAR, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, ACETIC ACID), SUGAR, SOY SAUCE (WATER, WHEAT, SOYBEANS,
SALT), GINGER, DISTILLED VINEGAR, WATER, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, SALT, NATURAL FLAVOR,
POTASSIUM SORBATE AND SODIUM BENZOATE ADDED AS PRESERVATIVES, GELLAN GUM, CITRIC ACID.
>>
>>7747269
i'd rather buy a whole chicken desu
>>
>>7748410
I live in Center City Philadelphia, what the fuck
>>
>>7747282
But Lobster has been this overly priced meme food for years and years, when does it end? I just want some tasty ass saucey chicken without feeling like I'm breaking my budget.
>>
>>7748073
Having a bad day, anon?
>>
>>7748671
Stop shopping at Whole Foods, Acme, Sue's, Reading Terminal and Di Bruno's then.

Chinatown sells leg quarters varying between $1.29-$1.99/lb depending on the store. I forget which ones are cheaper as I've not lived in Chinatown or CC in forever. Pitiably, Meldy's is no longer in business (since the Gallery closed), because they had super cheap prices.

If you drive, make your way down to Washington avenue to Save-a-Lot for the cheap 10lb bag of leg quarters. If you don't do frozen, they're selling fresh leg quarters right now for 79¢/lb.
If you don't drive, take the train up to... I wanna say... Girard? Maybe Berks... whichever's nearest to Master and get over to Cousin's for cheap, fresh chicken. They vary from 39¢/lb-89¢/lb, depending on variables I don't quite understand.
>>
>>7748711
Scratch that: Cousin's is on Berks, not Master. 5th and Berks.
>>
>>7747772
I buy like 4 lbs (about a dozen) from the Piggly Wiggly and like 4 of those fuckers will fill me up.
>>
>>7748547
>he eats to be healthy
I bet you're gay too.
>>
File: Iceland Across Waves.jpg (2 MB, 1962x1104) Image search: [Google]
Iceland Across Waves.jpg
2 MB, 1962x1104
>>7747269
Here in Spain there are at 4,99€/Kg, or 12,50$/lb. Even though that we eat a lot of pic related, we don't have famous dishes around it in recent years. That price increase from 3$/lb to today must be for a different reason.
>>
>>7748091
Go fuck yourself communist, Trump will solve this when he expels the foreigners
>>
>>7748711
No car and live in Chinatown. Cheapest (non-shitty) chicken I can find in there is either drums for $1/lb or boneless skinless thighs for $2.19 daily (usually get that). Do most of my shopping at Reading out of necessity and quality of ingredients. I'll check out Cousin's though, I'll avoid getting stabbed.

Thanks family.

Any other Philly tips? Lived here for 2 years and I'm a student so I don't get to try stuff that much.
>>
>>7749383
hey can you guys check out my scrummy ummy wings?
>>
> Then hot/buffalo wings became a thing

What the fuck? This happened 70+ years ago.

How's life in West Babyjesusville, Iowa?
>>
>>7749518
Not that anon, but:
Cousin's
Sav-a-lot
PathMark
Aldi

> Any other Philly tips?
Wawa is a total meme.
Move to Kensington.
>>
>>7749589
Really it's just the shitty "fancy" wings that became popular. Buffalo wings have always been a thing but artisan grilled lemon pepper wings with hand crafted xD sauce
>>
>>7749598
Wawa is fine for a drunk 2am hoagie. Most of the late night food in center city is garbage. The Aldi I saw is down at Oregon. The few dollars I'd save on groceries would surely be wasted on bus fare and time.

Friend lives in Kenzo, everywhere I've been up there seems like a total shithole
>>
>>7748444
Trips always true
>>
>>7749518
>lives in chinatown
No shit? I used to live on the corner of 9th and Cherry above the dentist's office, next door to the Harmony vegetarian.

Anyway, from Chinatown, just take the 23 bus on 12th/11th streets to and from Washington ave to go to the Save-a-Lot at 13th and Washington for cheap leg quarters, as mentioned. The sale ends this coming Saturday.

Also, Shoprite. There are two in South Philly and one in Port Richmond on Aramingo. Neither is particularly out of your way, even without a car.
If you can, try to shop at SR on Wednesdays or Fridays, preferably before noon. That's when manager's specials are most common. The Shoprite on Front and Snyder will have produce grab-bags as manager's specials by the toilets.
Last one I grabbed was a package of mixed veg for $1. There was a head of broccoli, two bunches of broccolini and an artichoke. You can routinely (though not always) get 2lb packages of zukes for only 69¢ with those grab bags and if you like parsnips or turnips, you're likely to find them at similar prices this way, too.

If you take the EL down to Spring Garden, there's an Asian grocery store down at 4th and SG or so. They also have grab-bags, but they're fucking huge. Last summer, I bought 4lbs of purple yam (ubi) there as well as 5lbs of yardlong beans, a bag of three heads of flat cabbage, an enormous bag of mixed fruit and 6lbs of eggplants, each for $1 or $2 (the fruit bag was $2).

I don't buy meat that often, so I can't really give you many pointers on that beyond keeping an eye out for sales/look for manager's specials. Recently, though, I got two whole, organic, free-range "Never Any" chickens at Aldi for $2something each. They were originally $7something but the manager slapped $5-off coupons on them to get rid of them quick. This was the one at Front and Oregon, though for you, the one at 44th or 43rd and Market might be easier to get to. Problem is, I've never seen meat go on manager's special at that one.
>>
>>7749598
>pathmark
How's the weather in 2015, Anon? PM's been out of business about that long now.
>>
>>7749589
>west babyjesusville, iowa
Thanks for using my jokes, Anon, but it was Babyjesusburg, West Virginia. And I noticed you used my same joke a few months ago, too.
Thanks.
Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

>>7749612
>late night in cc
Haven't been to CC latenights in a long, long while, but I used to like Rising Tide, David's and Red Kings in Chinatown as well as Little Pete's. Besides my apartment in Chinatown I mentioned earlier ITT, I used to live in the Drake at 15th and Spruce and Little Pete's was my area diner. If you go to LP's, lemme know if Helen is still there or if she's dead now or something. She used to call me Benny because all I ever got from LP was the best/worst eggs benedict ever.
>>
>>7749626
Ain't that some shit. I'm at 10th and Arch.

I'm at my folks place right now so I can't take advantage of the sale but I'll check out those places when I get back. I walk up to the batting cars at 5th and Girard so hitting that market at 4th and SG on the way back or finishing the walk up to cousin's and then busing down.

Thanks a ton.
>>
>>7749655
>batting cages not cars
>shitposting from my phone so autocorrect
>>
>>7749674
>10th and arch
Ha! And my brother used to live at 10th and Race, right by the police station! Now he's all fancy and shit and he and his wife live in St David's as his area's token foreign guy.

Anyway, the store on SG has registers at the front and the back, similar to the Underground Mall in Chinatown itself. The grab bags are by the back registers, between them and the fish counter.
>>
>>7749633
>PM's been out of business about that long now.

There's still an open PathMark in Philadelphia.
>>
>>7749648
>getting this shitter-shattered over jokes being used on a Sri Lankan Crochet Bulletin Board
>>
>>7749728
No there isn't.
http://www.pathmark.com/

>>7749738
>shitter shattered
I like that. And now I've stolen one of your jokes. We're even. Take Babyjesusburg and use it with my blessing and in good health.
>>
>>7748449
True dat
>>
>>7748684
Lobster is cheaper than beef in Maine, senpai.
>>
>>7747304
Which one are you talking about anon, Tatsuya? Michi? Fukuya? Daruma?

In all fairness, I do like Michi, as it's actually pretty tasty and roomy and no line like Tatsuya accumulates.

But you're absolutely right about that city being a culinary shithole that panders to "trendy" and nothing else. The last meal I had with my ex was at a place that supposedly served this crazy new ramen with a spicy kick in its broth…and it was literally Shin Ramen. Fuck this city, not for its pleb taste, but for being a pleb masquerading as patrician.
>>
>>7749728
Philadelphia is not quite the time warp a trip to Cincinnati is, and nothing like visiting the UP in Michigan, but decent chunks of the city still exist as if it were early 1970's urban blight.
>>
>>7747772
I go to this local pub that has huge wings, and they will do them "afterburner" where they do them in the fryer then sauce and lightly bake them, and god damn are they delicious. If you're getting them with little meat you're going to the wrong place.
>>
>>7747295
So why exactly is there a need to think one meatk is better than the other?
>>
>>7750135
I'll do you one better: in Rican and negroid areas where I live, you can go to any corner Chinese joint and order General Tso's chicken wings. It's not usually on the menu, but they'll do it. It's typically somewhere between $3.50-$4.50 and they give you three-to-four whole wings for that price but if ever you order it, you've got to ask for it "fried hard" or it won't be crunchy.
>>
>>7749949
>Flyover transplant talking shit

Fuck off, Blake.
>>
>>7750176
I read an article in the paper recently (because my phone gets shit reception in my doctor's office and there was nothing else for me to do) where this guy said he's a "real Philadelphian" because he's been here for ten years. I don't know why that annoyed me, but it did.
I've been here, off and on, quite a bit longer than him, including the last thirteen years straight, though I'm not native here, either. Nonetheless, I would never call myself a "real Philadelphian." I routinely say that this is my adopted hometown, though.
>>
>>7747763
>i hate quality i want quantity
>>
>>7749860
>In Maine
No shit you stupid clown
>>
>>7747295

>Eats beef and pork
>Calls others peasants

I eat venison, lamb and sockeye salmon fillets every other day pleb
>>
I bought 2kg for $8 on friday and then made some buffalo wings and ate them all
>>
>>7747698
That's OK.. We don't want you here.
>>
>>7747719
Nigger.
>black boi can't handle a bit of having a job.
>>
>>7747365
that's the whole point of the thread you retard. it's morons like you who have fucked up the price of wings (which OP cooks like any other fried chicken part) by falling for the "le wings with epic spicy hot sauce meme" and paying for that as though 2 cents of sauce somehow justifies triple the price of the meat.
>>
>>7747269
Same thing happened with brisket
>>
>>7749860
>tfw climate change will eventually force the lobsters to move north and maine waters are already warming faster than waters elsewhere from the natural features of the area
Hope I don't live to see the day maine doesn't have lobsters. Maple and birch syrup are having trouble too already since it requires low temperatures to flow.
>>
>>7747269
Well don't get down, all that means is that you an get drumsticks for that cheap ass price now. Lately I have been seeing packages of like 4 lbs of drumsticks for like $2.50.
>>
>>7747694
10 wings for 1.50? where from?
>>
>>7747295
>He thinks he's rich for eating steak
>>
>>7753237
This is the America we live in though. People think if they have a 50 inch TV from Wal*Mart to watch the advertisements in between brief interludes of the local sports team slapping each other on the ass, eat $10 antibiotic hormone steaks on a regular basis, and vote Trump, that it means they're officially members of the 1%
>>
>>7747269
Flank steak used to be so cheap that my great-grandmother used to send my grandmother into the store to avoid being seen buying it.
>>
>>7748070
Muhammad pls
>>
>>7753358
>be immigrant from country that routinely eats tail, tongue and brisket because they're cheap
>buy each of them quite a lot because they're also cheap in USican grocery stores
>lumberjacks and fat 50s pin-up fashion bitches hear about tongue and brisket and tail
>they start buying it
>demand increases
>price increases
>price keeps increasing
>price inflates to three times what it was
>tails and tongue cost $6.99/lb each
>brisket is now $8.99/lb
>can get whole tenderloin PSMOs for $5.99/lb
What. The. Fuck.
I would buy tenderloin if I actually fucking liked it, but it's just tender. That's all it's got going for it. It just ain't as flavourful as other cuts, so I don't bother with it.
>>
>>7753417
>>lumberjacks and fat 50s pin-up fashion bitches hear about tongue and brisket and tail
I think it has more to do with the price of beef in general rising.
>>
>>7748684
>But Lobster has been this overly priced meme food for years and years

Yeah, and it used to be something they fed to prisoners.
>>
>>7753431
Were that the case, the price of tenderloin PSMOs would have risen at a similarly astronomical rate. But it hasn't. And bottom round is on sale this week for $2.49/lb.
>>
>>7747397

You're supposed to use bleu cheese with hot wings
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 300x200
>>7747658
>not as delectable
Fucking excuse me - but on what grounds
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 450x450
>>7747704
>>
>>7753479
I don't like eating cheeses with names that sound like the onomatopoeia of being sick all over yourself.
>>
File: 1435807745640.gif (512 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1435807745640.gif
512 KB, 480x270
>>7748073
>>7747816
>>
>>7748082
princess
muh nigga.
>>
File: agry peep.jpg (52 KB, 957x621) Image search: [Google]
agry peep.jpg
52 KB, 957x621
>>7747269
Same thing happened with cow tongue.

>"EWW cow tongue? I'm not going to eat that!"
>Could buy them for about $8 each.
>A bunch of hipsters with food trucks start selling tacos de lengua.
>Everybody wants tongue now.
>$28 each.
>>
>>7749211
4.99 Euro/Kg=12.50/lb
What the fuck math are you using?
1 euro=1.14 USD
4.99 euro=5.68 USD
5.68 Dollars for a Kg. Kg is 2.2 pounds.
Meaning that 5.68 USD buys 2.2 pounds. Meaning that 1 pound costs 2.58 USD.
What the fuck. You were literally 500% off in your conversion.
>>
>>7755536
You know all the dumb Polack jokes people in America tell? They have the same ones in Argentina. Only they're about Spaniards. Spaniards are fucking dumb.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.