[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does ck think of this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 384x384
What does ck think of this man?
>>
massive cuck
>>
one trick pony as far his restaurants are concerned. amusing TV shows though, before he became meme.
>>
His shows are pretty boring to be honest.
>>
depends. does he like 'go 'za?
>>
>>7746942
they played up the relationships too much on Kitchen Nightmares. Should've focused more on the food
>>
Gordon is the Raiden to Marco's Solid Snake
>>
>>7746946
He is a fellow paesano
>>
>>7746951
British Kitchen Nightmares made the American version unwatchable.
>>
>>7746959
American TV is so shitty these days
>>
I still like him.
>>
There better be some fucking waifus in this years Master Chef
>>
>>7746984
go back to r9k
>>
>>7746996

You make no sense, r9k hates women.
>>
>>7746927
He's kinda cute I guess but I don't like the adjectives he always uses to describe food. I know it's not his fault, because it's not like he edits it, but the US Kitchen Nightmares is good except for all the recapping and flashbacks. It'd be 35 minutes an episode instead of 45 if they would cut that shit out.

What should I watch next? The F Word? Hell's Kitchen?
>>
>>7746959
No, I think the American version made the American version unwatchable.
>>
>>7746941
>cooking food well should be multiple trick pony?

I mean he does the hell's kitchen, the kitchen nightmare review of other people's kitchen and then the england's best chef....

seems like 3 distinct ponies....
>>
>>7746946
so this is where the /tv/ guys went... goza is new baneposting...
>>
>>7747312

it should be if you continually open new restaurants with exactly the same menu for 25 years.
>>
>>7746927
he is a way better chef than any of us will ever be.

nobody on ck will have a 3 michelin star restaurant, let alone multiple michelin-rated restaurants, as he has.
>>
>>7746927
His cooking skills and creative swearing made him famous, and from the way he talks to people on Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen you'd think he's a real asshole. But really, I think he extends the same level of respect to other chefs and cooks that they extend to their work. I've seen a video on YouTube where he travels to Tibet and meets a cook who makes food for an entire monastery of monks. The dude only spoke Chinese, but you could tell he took his job very seriously. He agreed to let Gordon do the cooking for one meal, and the he was falling over himself wit gratitude. Gordon was actually nervous. He had so much respect for the Chinese cool because the cook had so much respect for his work. It was then that I realized that while Gordon may be an asshole, he's an asshole who's serious about cooking and genuinely a nice person to people who give their all and give a damn about what they do.
>>
his scrambled eggs look like overly complex pretentious garbage for what should be a simple homey dish. He's an asshole. He has too many forehead wrinkles. He's a pretty good chef though I guess.
>>
>>7747823
The problem with eggs is the italian attitude. There's only "one" way to make it and that way is only able to be done by some guys grandmama.
>>
>>7747799
Yes, he's a good chef and I would love to eat a lot of the food he's made.

I wouldn't really enjoy his company though, unless he can turn off his persona in private. Seems like he tries too hard to push the edgy and extreme chef personality, because that's what made him famous.
>>
>>7747979
Compare his British shows with his American. He's more friendly but still tough with people in Kitchen Nightmares, and the F Word has him all buddy buddy with whoever he has as a guest on the show. My only problem with the F Word is that they always have him take off his shirt at some point, I guess for all the British housewives.
>>
>>7747823
Fucking seriously? If you think that is complex does that mean you have he mental age of 6 year old?
>>
>>7746927
Not as good a rapper as Julia Child.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99-n42Xb6NQ
>>
>>7748342
it's true, he is an innovator she is just a translator.
>>
>>7746927
I don't understand how a person can get so upset about someone else's dinner.
>>
>>7748019
same with kitchen nightmare, and it's actually the time he is the softest and most honest. as much as it seems like he's brutal he is everyones friends, and is trying to help them. by coming at people like that it makes his compliments genuine and the lessons he tries to teach STICK. you tell someone something they'll forget, you toss in a cheeky insult they CANNOT reply to and they'll not fuck that up twice.

He does honestly try to help people. Anyone that knows what he's doing can say he's not trying to be brutal, just memorable.

Like Judge Judy, it makes for good TV, and to be honest I learn more from them then any other in their categories. It's a comical and emotional teaching method, that people are grateful for, if not overwhelmed.

He's pretty hot naked too.
>>
>>7746927
he's so hot i want him to abuse me
>>
>>7747979
What you see on camera is his persona but off camera he's a pretty chill dude that just likes to curse a lot (shit, I do the same thing). He may have a slight temper, but it's usually justified and I think he and I would be great friends (I think most people who lurk would be able to enjoy his company).
>>
>>7746927
He is my god
>>
>>7746927
I want him to bend me over the countertop while telling me how shit my food is.
>>
>>7747799
You think he can still make 3 star cuisine? You're deluded as fuck if you think that

He hasn't worked in a kitchen for fucking years. He hires actual 3 star chefs to run his shit
>>
>>7746927
I wish he was in Iron Chef Japan back when it was airing.

Iron Chef America was shit in comparison.
>>
>>7747249

Rustic
ABsolutely
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGryWqaZvgY

Watch this OP
>>
>>7748475
you are not and never will be as good a chef as gordon ramsay. you're arrogant as fuck if you think otherwise.
>>
>>7747817
This.
The guy is beyond passionate about food. He's not angry and degrading all the time, he just wants people to have as much respect for the craft as he does. On some episodes of Kitchen Nightmare's you can see him level with people who make truly good food and care about their business and he'll help the get into shape to get back on their culinary feet
>where's the laaaaamb saauuuceee
>>
>>7748475
^pro chef here
>>
>>7750238
Oh look, Gordon is being a cunt

I have Well Done all the time, and it never looks like that. Never, ever.

That was badly cooked and badly done and he (and every other retard) is a mong for defending him.
>>
>>7750249
So passionate he never cooks fine food anymore or updates his restaurant menus, or does anything remotely passionately except shill for shitty American reality TV

Yea, proper passionate about food that guy.
>>
>>7750650
on his shows he would constantly criticize chefs for not changing their menus. I wasn't aware that he hadn't done so at his own restaurants. that's pretty shitty
>>
>>7747817
>Gordon may be an asshole
He's really not though, he plays an exagerated character on American TV. He brings football intensity to the kitchen though with his language and manner though. Look at his brit shows, other than a fondness for swearing he's not really that mean to anyone
>>
>>7750764
Did you watch Boiling Point?

The guy is a grade-A cunt hiding behind meme buzzwords such as "passion" to justify it
>>
>>7750643

>missingthepoint.img
>>
>>7750788
Top tier bantz, lad
>>
>>7750793
Is the point "hurr durrr only medium only. Well done is stoooopid" wankery from people no older than 18?
>>
>>7750643
I bet it looks worse than that. Not that it honestly matters at Well Done. It's just another victory of heat over meat.
>>
>>7750800

No, they tried to trap him with a printed picture and hearsay from a "journalist" who doesn't even show up to defend his allegations.

"Well done is stoooopid" is just the cherry on top.

;)
>>
File: marco-pierre-white--z.jpg (75 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
marco-pierre-white--z.jpg
75 KB, 400x543
>>7746927
a fuccboi that went tough guy after marco fucked him in the ass until he cried
>>
File: 713.jpg (27 KB, 623x348) Image search: [Google]
713.jpg
27 KB, 623x348
>>7750843
Marco is a literal God of biritish culinary world. Almost all british three-star chefs were his slaves at one time.

>NO, I didn't make Gordon Ramsay cry
>he made himself cry, that was his choice to cry
>>
>>7750843
>Marco Pierre White
First time I ever heard of this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLO_XJBYjEQ
>>
>>7750855
Now he's just a shell of his former self. Just waiting to die. I look at his lifeless eyes and know he wished he died 5 years ago. Let me just go through the motions and get my Knorr paycheck.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.