[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I going to die of hunger if I study gastronomy? Is it worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: P9101869.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
P9101869.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
Am I going to die of hunger if I study gastronomy?
Is it worth the time? Is it hard to get a job ? Im scared /ck/
and before you ask. im not underage
>>
you will eat at work, hunger would be the least of your problems.
you will work AT LEAST 10 hours per day, standing on your feet all the time.
you might get a 20min breaktime MAX

you will inevitably get health issues due to stress and standing up all the time.
half of the money you 'll be making we 'll be going to the doctors.
you will be getting payed FAR FAR FAR LESS from what you need to be payed.
your work enviroment will be really really noisy and very very stressfull.
your co workers will be quirky at best, asshole you 'd want to beat to a pulp at worst.

to sum it up i'll tell you what i've been told by an older chef when i was 21 working at my first job
"You should know that with the type of job you are doing you have only 2 outcomes. Alcoholic or fucked up"
after 10 years on the job i'll add one more thing, addicted to drugs.

unless this is your real passion find something else to do.
and i mean really your passion, in a sense that if you can't bend your knees anymore like me it will have been worth it.
>>
>>7747803
Just curious what if you worked at an upscale restaurant that pulls and redistributes tips?

There's a place like that in my town and I have a buddy who worked as a busboy there and got to take home 3% of the tips which was like 200 a night and he said the cooks got the largest percentage

Wouldn't that make your pay much better?

Also how much do you make per hour and how does it make you feel that I make the equivalent of 20 dollars per hour to deliver pizzas
>>
thats bullshit! my dad works as chef at restaurant. he got 1200€ (normal Pay in my country is shitty 500€) works 8hours a day, free weekends, have time for family. he standing almost all the time on his feet but times flies by. u dont even notice and u r home.
>>
>>7747837
>how does it make you feel that I make the equivalent of 20 dollars per hour to deliver pizzas

Nice in theory, but you're burning through your car and all that "extra" money you think you're getting away with is just going to get sunk into the next burner vehicle you get as long as you work that job.
>>
>>7747841
>working in a restaurant
>free weekends

nice made up story anon...the only chef i knew that had free weekends was working in a school cooking for the kids
>>
>>7747843
Ehh not really don't put too many miles on my car as the delivery range is pretty short. I use maybe 5 dollars worth of gas per shift
>>
>>7747884
>he thinks miles traveled is the primary measure of stress on a vehicle

How can someone with a penis not realize how cars work?
>>
>>7747843
>>7747884
You are using your car for a lot of stop-and-go traffic, which is hard on the works. You ought to be paying more in car insurance as well, but you probably oops didn't tell your insurance carrier that you use your vehicle for your job.

In addition to those costs, there is the social cost of being a pizza boy. It's not a respected job and I'm sure you're embarrassed to tell people you do it.
>>
>>7747887
As long as I'm not throttling my car to try and make it as fast as I can trying to stop on a dime driving recklessly or other stupid shit my car will hold up just fine. All the stop and go takes on tole on your oil but you gotta keep an eye on that. If delivering was as bad as you say it is then all cars driving in cities (with lots of stop and go) would get equally as fucked

>>7747890

Of course not they wouldn't cover it anyways Apparently you need commercial insurance for that and I'm 21 so no it's not embarrassing to tell my friends I make 20 dollars an hour delivering pizzas for my summer job
>>
>>7747906
>then all cars driving in cities (with lots of stop and go) would get equally as fucked

They are.
>>
>>7747874
hey, he has a substitute for weekends. there is less meals than at week
>>
>>7747890
Stop delivery shaming me
>>
>>7747841
>normal Pay in my country is shitty 500€

Where the fuck are you from anon?
>>
>>7747906
>course not they wouldn't cover it anyways Apparently you need commercial insurance for that and I'm 21 so no it's not embarrassing to tell my friends I make 20 dollars an hour delivering pizzas for my summer job
Most 21 year olds are doing internships during the summer that will net them 70k+ job in a year or so. Reevaluate your life choices.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.