[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So after a lifetime of eating "soy sauce" and actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 712+yxScHvL._SY355_.jpg (11 KB, 117x355) Image search: [Google]
712+yxScHvL._SY355_.jpg
11 KB, 117x355
So after a lifetime of eating "soy sauce" and actually going to Japan and eating shoyu, I've become disenchanted with this big salty bottle of MSG I grew up with.

What's /ck/'s favorite soy sauce?
>>
>>7745361

picrelated. or Bragg
>>
>>7745361

kikkoman
>>
>>7745361
are you telling me that you've never eaten japanese soy sauce until now? wtf are you from poo in loosville?

>>7745372
I've seen that liquid aminos stuff in whole foods but it looked like some food science shit. How does it compare to regular kikkoman?
>>
I've tried all the major brands available in the US and they taste identical, just very salty and vaguely soy-y
>>
>>7745471
Vietnamese American. They love the shit in OP but I always saw it as "the stuff that you put on boring food to make it suck less."
>>
pearl river bridge golden superior light, obviously
>>
>>7745361
I actually prefer la choy over kikkoman. I know it isn't even brewed blahblah shut up it tastes better. I don't want my fried rice to taste like reduced salty wine. I like the taste of la choy better.
>>
>>7745547
weird, I never knew maggi was Viet thing. All the pho places I go to have kikkoman... then again, I'm sure the average Viet meal doesn't look like what you get in the restaurant
>>
>>7745561
Average meal was salted proteins and rice. If said protein wasn't salty, you added Maggi.
>>
>>7745602
In my mind, that's a good thing because I'm imagining the barbecued pork chops with fish sauce and rice

mmmm
>>
>>7745654
More like fried fish 50% of the time. We weren't poor or anything but my parents sure didn't like to spend time cooking.
>>
>>7745361
wait, shoyu is different from soy sauce?

wat
>>
I was never more ashamed to be American than when I discovered my preferred soy sauce contained HFCS. Stopped buying it immediately.

Usually don't care about that shit but there is no good reason for it to be in soy sauce.
>>
>>7745551
>pearl river bridge

This guy gets it. I use their light soy and dark mushroom soy sauces.
>>
>>7745744
Sugar is in most MSG sauces though
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.