[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about this product?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: beanandcheese-burrito.png (278 KB, 600x298) Image search: [Google]
beanandcheese-burrito.png
278 KB, 600x298
What do you think about this product?
>>
quite bootylicious.
>>
>>7736555
use to make home made ones and have months worth burritos.
>>
looks delish
>>
>>7736545
Americas #1 Burrito

Sounds about right.
>>
they taste great, esp the beef ones

don't buy the knock-offs though, the other brands taste like absolute shit
>>
They're cheap as fuck, taste cheap as fuck, and there's no way to cook them fast without them bursting unless you want the middle to be ice cold.

Used to eat one before work almost every other day to tide me over. People pay a lot more for much shittier frozen foods.
>>
>el monterey

prefer resers

>bean and cheese

prefer red hot beef
>>
>2 minutes in microwave
>at 45 seconds stop and top with shredd cheddar cheese and jalapeno peppers
>finish
>top with sour cream, hot sauce, and chives or diced onions
>>
>>7736557
What did you put in them and how well do they freeze?
>>
i like baking them and all frozen burritos in the oven
>>
I used to survive off of these in college.
>>
File: 1369393933166s.jpg (3 KB, 125x111) Image search: [Google]
1369393933166s.jpg
3 KB, 125x111
Quick and delicious for an anytime snack. Goes well with a little hot sauce and a dollop of sour cream.
>>
>>7736562
Shit, you've never been to Romero & Sons in Alameda California.
>>
As Mexican I'd say they do not taste as a "normal burrito". But these are fucking delicious man, my store sells them for ยข0.65 if you buy 12 of them.
>>
I get them from the dollar store by me, the spicy one is good but the regular beef one in the purple packaging is bland as fuck

I love them, it fills me up for only a dollar
>>
>>7736545
Back when I was in high school my parents would buy the beef burritos that came in the red package
Both of them worked and would come home pretty late.
So we had different things like these burritos so my brother and I could eat something while they were gone
I loved them, would make 2, 3 if I was hungry, and eat them with sriracha
We always had those and chicken pot pies in the fridge at all times
>>
>>7736606
>>bean and cheese
>prefer red hot beef

this nigga knows
>>
>>7736545
If I"m drunk and have a lot of hot sauce, it's passable.
>>
File: 111568-food.png (3 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
111568-food.png
3 KB, 120x120
>>7736545

These aren't as bad for you as you might initially think. The spicy beef are better though if you can find them.

I try not to eat things like this very often. The quality of ingredient used is very low... think about how much they cost you and then think about what you can get out of a 25 cent vending machine on the way out of a grocery store... the comparison makes me itchy.
>>
>>7736545
2 minutes in the microwave
3 minutes in the toaster oven

Fully cooked and crunchy

This is for 2 or 3
>>
>>7736545

El Montery burritos are alright but you can get much better frozen burritos.

Their tacquitos, on the other hand, are best-in-class.
>>
>>7738357
nah the red hot have too much of a bitter taste to them, beef, bean, and green chile, nuke to get thawed/warm, coat with hot sauce of choice, and fry till crispy, shit's so cash man
>>
they are tasty but guaranteed liquid shits for 8-16 hours if you eat more than one, or while drinking

I ate an entire box one night with a rack of Genny Cream and lost 12 pounds over the next two days
>>
>>7736545
I used to love them as a kid, but I haven't had one in years so I don't know if I'd still like them.
>>
>>7738464
meh, my shit's always liquidy from medication I take anyways
>>
>>7738464
the same shit happens to me, I always have to take a bad shit either the same night I eat them or the next day. So I only eat it if I'm broke and don't have work the next day.

also
>Genny Cream

fellow NYfag?
>>
>get beef and beans ones, not bean and cheese
>microwave until soft
>broil in the oven a few minutes to get outside crispy
>top with sour cream and hot sauce

tip top easy drunk food man
>>
>>7738503
the spicy ones are better, the purple package has no flavor
>>
>>7738582
I'd rather add my own hot sauce of choice
>>
>>7736545
I used to eat the chimichangas all the time.
>>
>>7736545
They're disgusting unless you overcook in the microwave, tastes better sort of chewy/crunchy. The ones with the processed meat have tiny chunks of cartilage, really gross to bite into.
>>
>>7736657
that shit is 400 calories a pop. That ain't no snack fat ass.
>>
File: drunkkermit.jpg (45 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
drunkkermit.jpg
45 KB, 639x960
>bean and beef
>bean and cheese
>no bean, beef and cheese
>>
>>7736545
Beef and Bean Chimichangas are better. I partially microwave them until they're soft, then deep fry them. Top with cheese and hot sauce - Taco bell sauce seems to mesh best with their particular cheap flavor.
>>
>>7736545
You can make better yourself, but not at the prices and times they sell those at.
>>
File: 288311[1].jpg (3 KB, 144x144) Image search: [Google]
288311[1].jpg
3 KB, 144x144
Did anyone else use to get Marquez burritos? They were a staple of my childhood and unfortunately got bought out and discontinued by a shittier major burrito brand.
There was even a chili dog burrito, it blew my mind when I was younger to find a whole hot dog in the middle of a burrito.
>>
They're terrible
>>
>>7736545
haven't had them but first impression is that cheese is disgusting
>>
>>7738503
those taste like ass. red hot beef is godly. jesus shit in a tortilla actually.
>>
>>7736545
What do those bean and cheese burritos think about me?
>>
That kind is not eatable, the beef ones are top notch
>>
>>7736545
Wouldn't trust that low quality a product for beef or cheese. Might buy the bean version in a pinch.
>>
File: 1463867013141s.jpg (2 KB, 125x92) Image search: [Google]
1463867013141s.jpg
2 KB, 125x92
>>7736694
its ramiro & sons..and thier not even close to best...Drive up high street turn either way on international and every mexican place you see is better than ramiros..
>>
File: burrito.png (342 KB, 640x373) Image search: [Google]
burrito.png
342 KB, 640x373
>>7742327
Burrito loves you and will always have your six, Jackaroo. You can always count on burrito.
>>
File: julia.jpg (156 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
julia.jpg
156 KB, 800x800
>>7736545
So, El Monterey is pretty damn shitty unless you're drunk and have good hot sauce on hand. What's the best widely available super market frozen burrito?
>>
>>7736545
The chimichangas are way better.
>>
>>7736545
Why is dog food sold for human consumption?
>>
A friendly company has gone out of its way to provide you with an 8 pack of delicious burritos, I'd say you owe them a thank you, you could ring the consumer hotline do that right now.
>>
>>7742402
>So, El Monterey is pretty damn shitty unless you're drunk and have good hot sauce on hand. What's the best widely available super market frozen burrito?
I haven't had a good one. Redds is the new brand in the freezer section at my publix, and though their carnitas bowl is filled with great cilantro flavor, their taquitos are absolute dog food bad. I won't be trying the burritos now.

But, how hard are they to make? Do they need to be conveniently ready when flour tortillas have a ridiculous 4 month shelf life in the fridge? Not at all. Brown some hamburger and onion, taco season it and freeze that meat up in ziplocs. Nuke it, wrap up in your own tortillas, why not even crisp it up with a quick two sided toasting in a nonstick to seal it further. Cheese isn't hard to keep on hand if you love it that way.

Compare that to the bean filled "meat" burritos you buy, with the lowest quality of beef, really hard and tough burritos, and you'll never go back. When a company has to keep the cost under $1, that's what happens, low quality.
>>
I'm pretentious as shit about my food but goddamn do I love late night, drunken frozen burritos drenched in sriracha

no shame
>>
>>7743842
P much this. I'll turn my nose up at them but they are goddamn 3am shitfaced ambrosia.
>>
>>7739978
>400 calories a pop

That's a good thing when you're 6'1 150 lbs and poor. It's easy to eat like 5 of those if you're trying to gain weight quick.
>>
>>7743872
>being under 6'3"
>>
>>7743888
i know i'm a manlet, no need to rub it in.
>>
>>7736545
I think they go down easy, but cause the worst assblasting farts ever that seem like they'll never end. NEVER TRUST A FART.
>>
>>7736545
I like the bean and cheese of other brands, but not this one.
>>
>>7736545
Does anyone remember what the purple label El Monterey burritos were? I think I used to like those the best when I had some back in college.
>>
>>7744651
Oh fuck nevermind they were the beef and bean. Haven't had one in years.
>>
>>7736545
Had entirely too many of these fucking things when I was a poorfag right out of college. Can't stand them anymore.
>>
>>7736545

Not bad. Ate them all the time back when I was poor.
>>
>>7736596
>and there's no way to cook them fast without them bursting unless you want the middle to be ice cold.
This. I mean christ, is figuring that out so hard for them?
>>
I don't know if it was El Monterey but I once found some chicken and white nacho cheese ones in a light blue wrapper, they were so fucking good but I've never been able to find them since.
Usually stick with the beef and cheese ones, sometimes I'll put taco sauce and shredded cheese on them for the last minute of cooking, it's like ghetto enchiladas. Great bulking food, two is 800 calories and it's not even that much quantity.
>>
I got a bad batch of these 20 years ago. The filling tasted sour.

Never again.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.