[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you use for hamburger toppings aside from tomatoes, pickles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 18
What do you use for hamburger toppings aside from tomatoes, pickles and lettuce?
>>
Onions, jalapenos, cheese, some kinda pink looking sauce
>>
>>7733697
been using coleslaw lately
>>
Avocado
>>
>>7733697
If I can, bacon and avocado.
>>
>>7733697
Cilantro, some guacamole, a slice of tomatillo, and a slice of pepper-jack cheese is godly.
>>
Jalapenos
>>
For a standard burger at home, I usually top mine with pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, pickle slices, red onions, tomato, green leaf lettuce, mustard, and just the smallest touch of mayonnaise (only on the top bun).
>>
>>7733697
fried chicken.
>>
bacon, provolone, arugula, basil pesto, onion, tomato
>>
Fried egg. One bite in and the yolk spills out, and you mop it all up with the burger as you eat.
>>
File: toms.jpg (121 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
toms.jpg
121 KB, 1000x750
onions, jalapenos and chili.
>>
>>7733697
Are you asking what kind of toppings I like on my 'ger?

I like some 'penos, some 'chup, and a healthy amount of 'naise.

Shit is so 'ood.
>>
>>7734395
Was gonna post this, you can either eat it that way or break the yolk and spread it over the bun.

You could try sauerkraut on a burger.
>>
>>7734425
>I like some 'penos
I bet you do
>>
>>7734437
Hell yeah. 'penos are spicy as fuck. I love 'em.
>>
Avocado or Fried egg are my favorites
>>
Deep fried mac n cheese
>>
me, personally, will use any assortment of those and pending my mood and of the following:
fresh Jalapaneos, diced onions, Sautéed onions, carmalized onions, spinach leaf, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, Steak Sauce, Ghost pepper sauce, Ghost pepper jelly, red onion, shredded cabbage, bacon, assorted varieties of cheese, marinara, peperoni, fried onions, fried jalapaneos, pickled jalapaneos, roasted red peppers

Other people might like
Mayonaise, a fried egg, mushrooms, sauteed mushrooms, just a giant fucking portabello mushroom cap, thin sliced cold cuts, chili, chicken parmesan, lard spread, butter, various mayo based aioles, squid ink, garlic bread.
>>
>ctrl+f beet-
>'no matches found'
>ctrl+f appl-
>'no matches found'

Shaved beetroot and shaved green apples, though not at the same time.

Shaved apples on the burger and some mayonnaise on the bun pressed, mayo-side down, into some shredded cheddar = pretty fucking good.
>>
>>7736439
Also:
>ctrl+f kim-
Kimchi. Kimchi goes nicely with the apple and cheddar but is also good on its own on a burger.
>>
ketchup, onions, the list goes on...
>>
>>7736439
Beetroot is what we just call beets in America, right? I want to try that on a burger but I always forget to pick some up when I'm at the store. What else goes well with beets and ground meats?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 310x238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 310x238
>tomatoes
>on a sandwich
>>
Semen.
>>
>>7736461
Onion and fried egg. I've once toasted the bun cut-side down in chilli oil and that was nice, too.
I've never had cheese with it, but I don't think it would go well.
You can use pickled beet instead of fresh, if you'd like, or cooked. I just put it on raw.

Also, I just fucking love beetroot. I cooked some last night for dinner, actually, as beetroot fried rice. Typically, it's made with the juice rather than beetroot themselves, but after posting pics of beetroot fried rice here before, someone asked "why not use beets instead of juice?" and I never thought about it before. Always just used beetroot juice.
So I tried it last night and it was absolutely 10/10.
>>
>>7736464

>classic image.jpg
>>
>>7736479
That sounds really, really good anon. I'll definitely try that topping combo. I've only ever had pickled beets, usually in salads. Pretty good with feta, but I can't really imagine them going with any other cheese I'd typically eat.

I'm pretty boring with my burgers, I guess. Spinach, spring mix or something else leafy if I have it, sauteed mushrooms, raw jalapenos or serranos, and onions (cooked or raw) are a few toppings I usually pick from. I don't do pickles or tomatoes much since I don't have them on hand a lot, come burger time, but they're good for when you want something comfy n classic. For sauces, I generally do mustard, ground chilis, barbecue sauce or steak sauce, depending on the other ingredients. I also enjoy dipping my burgers in a little ketchup or barbecue sauce, regardless of the other ingredients.
>>
My favorite hamburger place has toppings bar where you do it yourself. I get: pickle relish, diced onions, a big leaf of iceberg lettuce, mayo, mustard, and ketchup.

It's weird, because those are basic, kinda boring toppings, but they make the best fucking burgers, I swear. There are plenty of other toppings to choose from, like even sliced onions insteads of the chopped onions, but for some reason it's just not the same.
>>
>>7736483
What is this meme
>>
lettuce,cheese,chiili,ketcup,mudstard,pickles.
>>
Caramelised onions. Properly cooked, not with added sugar.
>>
Jalapenos, sometimes avocado. Cheese ofcourse.
>>
>>7733697
Different chili sauces whipped with mayo, spread over toasted bun.
>>
>>7736585
I really, really dislike feta, so I wouldn't dream of putting it on a burger.

Other off-the-beaten-track burgers I've had that I liked:
sausage-shaped "burgers" served in a long roll kinda like a hot dog and topped with butter-sautéed beetroot mixed with garlic, yogurt and dill
tikka masala burger
tuna-mayonnaise sandwich spread
spam and pineapple
carrot slaw and microgreens
ginger/miso-glazed burger topped with garlic-sautéed water spinach and served between sticky-rice "buns"
refried beans on one bun and American spray cheez on the other
dried tomato, fresh basil and low-moisture mozzarella
onion rings and barbecue sauce
gyro-spiced patty with cucumber/yogurt topping in a crusty-ish round roll
gyro-spiced patty with baba ghanouz in a crusty-ish round roll
bovril (just a LITTLE) and cheddar

That's about all I can remember right now.
>>
>>7733697
Swiss mushrooms onion and barbecue sauce
>>
File: BuildTheWall.gif (2 MB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
BuildTheWall.gif
2 MB, 450x450
>>7734343
Mexican detected
Initiating buildthewall.exe
>>
>>7733697

Bbq sauce, picked peppers.
>>
File: donald-trump-01-800.jpg (290 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-01-800.jpg
290 KB, 800x600
>>7733697

i've become a huge fan of pickled jalapeno. A huge fan. It's great. Jalapenos are the best topping, really fantastic. A fantastic topping. The best.
>>
>>7733697
mushroom, onion, spinach, cheese, egg, peppers, pickled peppers, avocado, etc.
>>
>>7733697
White onion and mayo
>>
File: fake-o-face.png (280 KB, 600x349) Image search: [Google]
fake-o-face.png
280 KB, 600x349
>>7733697

A fried egg. let that runny yolk dribble all over the burger.

ohFuckYes.jpg
>>
>>7733697
Fried egg, Bleu cheese, jalapeños, onions
And my patented meme sauce.
>>
>>7733697
Mustard
onions
>vidalia if they are available
>>
>>7733697
fried boneless chicken or a slice of ham.
>>
>>7734413
That looks horrific.
>>
Green onions, white onions, red onions, jalapenos, bacon, Swiss cheese, hot pepper cheese, garlic dill pickles, colby cheese, colby jack cheese, American cheese, German mustard, cheddar cheese (not all at once, of course).
>>
>>7734377
Autism
>>
Sausages and bacon
>>
>>7734425
>Abbreviating all food names

Is this the hot new may may on /ck/?
>>
File: The-Great-Aussie-Burger.jpg (22 KB, 324x220) Image search: [Google]
The-Great-Aussie-Burger.jpg
22 KB, 324x220
>not eating 'lian style 'gers
>>
>>7738529
It's gonna be a long summer, brother.
>>
>>7738523
How the fuck is that autism? I suppose you just grab handfuls of shit and fling it on your burger with zero regard for the build? GTFO trailer trash.
And stop using that word, you don't know what it means.
>>
>>7738574
>How the fuck is that autism?

>>7734377
>(only on the top bun)

I bet you turn your lights on and off a prime number of times every 5th time you enter or leave a room.
>>
>>7738604
See, you don't even fucking know what autism IS, much less how to use the word. What you described (so poorly) is OCD, not autism. Get it straight, fucking moron.
Also, apparently you do enjoy eating shit tier burgers. Or just shit burgers. Or probably just shit. Why not throw your burger on the floor, shit on it, and then get down on the floor and eat it like the fucking hog you are, you dumb cunt.
>>
File: 1452184907758.png (1 MB, 971x1232) Image search: [Google]
1452184907758.png
1 MB, 971x1232
Grilled onions, roasted peppers.
>>
thousand island dressing, mash potato, spaghetti, hollandaise (not all on the same burger)
>>
>>7738614
>being this autistic
>>
File: 1260483649075s.jpg (5 KB, 251x211) Image search: [Google]
1260483649075s.jpg
5 KB, 251x211
>>7738700
Nigga, you dumb.
>>
Sauerkraut, blue cheese crumbles, fresh jalapeño
>>
>>7738755
tempura jalapeno would be good with than combo
>>
>Local, grass-fed ground beef, 90/10 or 95/25, medium rare
>Fresh Italian bread
>Yancy's Fancy Jalapeno & Habanero cheese
>Heaping portion of green onions

Prepare to cum in your pants.
>>
>>7738838
>95/25
>math, not even once
>>
File: very serios and angry cat.jpg (9 KB, 272x297) Image search: [Google]
very serios and angry cat.jpg
9 KB, 272x297
>>7736464
>image.jpg
>>
>chipotle mayo
>thick salsa
>pickled jalapenos
>french onions
>lettuce
>tomato
>pepperjack cheese

best burger
>>
>>7733697
I like bacon, blue or goat cheese, and spicy BBQ sauce with fried onions. Sometimes, I'll go for sliced sausage instead of bacon, and some potato chips with the blue cheese and spicy BBQ.

Alternately, fried apple slices and sharp cheddar
>>
onion straw, bacon, cheese, fried egg, roast beef
>>
File: preview-chipotle[1].jpg (196 KB, 735x735) Image search: [Google]
preview-chipotle[1].jpg
196 KB, 735x735
>>
>lettuce
>tomato
>jalapeños
>bacon
>cheddar cheese
Pretty plain. Sometimes I add cholula sauce or ketchup.
>>
I'm of the thinking that too many toppings can kill a burger.

In terms of importance I'd say

>Pickles
>Cheese
>Caramelised onions
>Bacon
>Tomatoes
>Lettuce

Pick up to 4 of those and you're siting pretty. Too many and the flavours clash. Virtually anything else is superfluous. Also mushrooms can be absolutely magnificent on a burger with grilled onions and swiss cheese but I personally haven't found a combination I like to include them on a burger with other than that.
>>
My standard burger is just ketchup, mustard, dill pickle, onion.

I don't find lettuce really adds a whole lot to a burger (doesn't detract, but doesn't really add either).
>>
>>7733697
Best burger I ever had:
-90% lean ground sirloin, seasoned with salt, pepper, and a splash of worchestershire sauce
-smoked gouda
-applewood bacon
-sauteed onion
-kosher dill pickle chips
-thousand island dressing
-on a buttered and toasted kaiser roll
>>
>>7738855
Meant to say 95/5, typos are serious beeswax, I know.
>>
File: 2irritant.jpg (22 KB, 265x300) Image search: [Google]
2irritant.jpg
22 KB, 265x300
>>7740530
>worchestershire
>>
>>7738547
>implying the roots of 'cha were summer
kys
>>
>fried onion
>chillis
>peanut butter
>hot sauce
>>
>>7733697
>caramelised onion
>Camembert
>cranberry sauce
>>
>>7740708
this guy

bacon cheeseburger with jalapenos and peanut butter is top tier
>>
>>7741042
>camembert
I like you
>>
File: 1464657784715.jpg (164 KB, 1280x809) Image search: [Google]
1464657784715.jpg
164 KB, 1280x809
>>7737130
hello from /pol/

I like to make a badly made "big mac" saws from

mayo
mustard
tomato
vinegar
sugar
finely diced gherkins
touch of salt

I think thats all

i like cheese
>>
>>7741042
>>7741191
get married fgt
>>
>>7733697
mushrooms, swiss, onions, jalapenos, habaneros, lettuce, onion rings, honey, ginger slices, grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, spinach, goat cheese, arugula, gold flakes.
>>
>>7734413
>That literaly looks like a shitburger. Made with real shit.
>Imagine this in the toilet bowl.
Maybe it's the lighting or something but that looks like literal shit.
>>
>>7736761
Who the fuck adds sugar while caramelizing onions? Call them a nigger.
>>
File: 1433511231471.jpg (179 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1433511231471.jpg
179 KB, 3000x2000
>>7733697

I like to add some olives if the burger is spicy

Also - dried slices of Schwarzwälder Schinken (Black forrest Ham) or Prosciutto

And if i want to feel the kick - home made horseradish sauce
>>
File: Jesus+fucking+Christ+indeed.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Jesus+fucking+Christ+indeed.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>>7734413
>>
I mix 1 teaspoon Sriracha and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise and slather the top and bottom of the bun (lightly toasted, btw). Then it's lettuce, pepperjack cheese, jalapenos, and fried mushrooms to round it out.
>>
>>7741903
Lots of cooks I've worked with have added sugar to make the onions appear more caramelized than they actually are.
>>
Ketchup, mustard, pepper.

If I want to be really patrician, raw cucumber, the masao way.
>>
>>7740672
What's the problem with worchestershire?
>>
>>7733697
Best condiment, coming through.
>>
>>7743151
>worchestershire
Your lack of awareness is the problem.
>>
>>7743179
I only just started coming to /ck/ and doing a majority of my own cooking. By all means, redpill me.
>>
>>7734413
how to fuck do you eat that? what's the point of eating a burger if you have to eat it with a spoon?
>>
File: 234564324.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
234564324.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
>>7733697
>PICKLES
>>
I'll do some butter on each side of the bun. Then i'll do a layer of mustard on the bottom. Then i'll do a layer on ketchup on the top. Then i'll do some lettuce on the bottom. Then i'll do the burger on top of the lettuce, and i'll do melted cheese on top of the burger. Preferably a smoked cheese. Then i'll do a mix of bacon strips and sliced red onion, and i'll do some gherkins too. Then the top of the bun.
>>
>>7738544
Kangaroos are pretty tasty
>>
>>7743194
It's spelled worcestershire
>>
>>7743260
Oh. I thought I was commiting some horrible food meme by using it. Carry on, faggots.
>>
>>7733697
Tomatoes, diced onions, lettuce, fried egg, bacon, avocado, sautéed mushrooms, pickles, cheddar cheese, sauces.
>>
>>7743262
The horrible food meme you committed was making a burger with 90% lean mince, but I don't care because the only person you're screwing over with your shitty taste is yourself.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.