[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens if you put Jello mix in pancake batter and make pancakes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: jello.jpg (66 KB, 454x414) Image search: [Google]
jello.jpg
66 KB, 454x414
Will it be gelatinous? Or does that only happen if you use the jello making process of putting the mix in hot water followed by immediately chilling it?
>>
>>7731808
Your pancakes will be tart and blood red, as if you had blended a baby chick egg.
>>
If you managed to dissolve the crystals through the batter and then chilled the pancake afterwards, it would probably congeal and have an unpleasant texture.
>>
I'm going to try it but on a small scale,just wondered if anyone tried it.
>>
I would rather advise you to make them separately.

Cut the jello in little cubes and then and them when you cook the pancakes.

Then see what's what...

That said, you disgust me, please don't cook anymore.
>>
Here's the problem: the flour needs water in order to make batter, and the gelatin needs water in order to bloom and set. That means you're going to have an extra watery batter, with the flour part setting over heat and the gelatin part melting over heat, and only setting when cooled.

I don't know what will happen, but I don't see the two working together. Try it and post results.
>>
Not sure if this helps, but I once mixed strawberry preserves in to my pancake batter, and it was basically just a sticky mess. It took way too long to firm up, and once it did the sugar had crystalized into a really unpleasant texture.
>>
The gelatin will just not set because of the heat from making pancakes
>>
>>7731919
What if you put it in the fridge after?
>>
>>7731808
I don't know, but you should try dumping it into a deep fryer.
>>
>>7731822
Please post, I'm curious!
>>
>>7731923

I doubt there will be enough free water for the jello to do much of anything.

You could easily embed a sheet of jello inside a pancake though.
>>
>>7731985
I'm this anon>>7731883
and I'm wondering what your thoughts are on adding the preserves after the pancake is partially cooked. If i just sort of drizzled it in after it had a firm base, but haven't yet flipped it, could that work? Or should I just be using fruit?
>>
>>7731808
Try it and post results
>>
>>7731988
Maybe?
>http://cafedelites.com/2015/05/18/jam-jelly-donut-pancakes/
>normie website but it seems to do what you want to do
>>
Has no one here ever seen a 1960's recipe for freezer box jello cake or something similar? It won't be gelatinous in small amounts, it'll just at color and flavor. With that being said, try it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.