[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /ck/ think about Hiroyuki Terada - Master Sushi Ch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (216 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
216 KB, 1280x720
what does /ck/ think about Hiroyuki Terada - Master Sushi Chef?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyP1TChoGzg

video about how to make a Viper Roll

Been watching some of his videos and the dishes look absolutely gorgeous. He has a restaurant in Miami. Would love to visit one day.
>>
That's not a sushi roll I would order, but I do like watching restaurant cooks make real restaurant food in a real kitchen, and would rather watch that than anything on Food Network.

I think I saw a video of his not long ago where he broke down a lobster and cooked it really simply in a wok with garlic and scallions.
>>
>>7729321
yeah, he has two live lobster videos.
but the retards in the comments always get into moral debates about stuff like that.

but man that lobster looked delicious.
he also used ginger and sambal oelek.
>>
>>7729287
>admin of 4chan
>also cooks on youtube

Is there anything he can't do?
>>
>>7729555
he sure gained some weight during cooking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VruyNDrCBk4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxrJQIs3HVE

the other lobster video
>>
>>7729569
you mean while living in america, almost everyone that moves to america gets fat
>>
File: 1458358700647.png (192 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
1458358700647.png
192 KB, 501x445
>>7729287
>Americanised sushi
>>
>>7730843
don't act like a retard. Chef Hiro is doing his job since 27 years or so. He makes purely traditional japanese dishes too but honestly what's bad about any sort of fusion food? absolutely nothing. food is food. as long as it's really well prepared and tastes great, what will ever be your point? you don't have one, meme-cancer.
>>
>>7732354
This right here, purists for the sake of being purist go die in a fire.

The regressive conservatives of the food world.
>>
>>7732369
>The regressive conservatives of the food world.

only about this particular point I'd just like to point out that food-mixing isn't the same as race-mixing. so please, just don't compare our politics on the right spectrum with what's happening with food & cooking. that analogy simply wouldn't be an apt one. it's not the same agenda.
>>
>>7732354
i guess the reason for that anon's hate for american sushi is due to a sudden boom of poorly concocted american recipe in restaurants that led to stereo-types these days.

But i would never back down from a good american roll, shits cash yo
>>
>>7732522
that seems highly likely. of course any chef would have to try catering to the tastebuds of the local crowd as well. it's the same with coffee. american style coffee is overconcentrated and fruity whereas the italian espresso isn't like that but still less liked by the common american person so it's not served as much. same concept with other food and drinks.

on top of that, most sushi chefs would not approve of supermarket sushi at all either.

>But i would never back down from a good american roll, shits cash yo

well prepared California Maki tastes absolutely heavenly.
>>
That's not Jiro.
>>
>>7732740
Have you had Jiro's sushi?
>>
>>7732354
I don't give a fuck about the 'purity' of dishes.. If it's a good combination of flavours then it's worth eating. But putting cream cheese and processed crab in a roll is objectively disgusting
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.