[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
people who work in the service industry, tell me about your favorite/least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
people who work in the service industry, tell me about your favorite/least favorite regular
>>
this guy, every single day he comes in and orders a 'go 'za with a 'ke, no 'ce
>>
File: 1443919575120.jpg (59 KB, 476x594) Image search: [Google]
1443919575120.jpg
59 KB, 476x594
>>7728355
Self conscious fatty detected.
>>
>cook

Even in an open kitchen there's no fucking way I recognize anyone.
>>
File: i.jpg (129 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
129 KB, 640x640
>>7728355
bump for interest
>>
Favourites:
Lawrence; chatty and kind of funny, only ever comes out when he's in a good mood, not a big tipper but is consistant with them (he buys out of the fridge we use to clear stock which is dirt cheap so he generally hits about 20%) he hits on female staff constantly enspite of them all being 40 years younger than him.
Richard; drinks Guinness and is Australian. Top bloke. Also, has his order down to a tee including how much he's going to tip so he doesn't bother spelling it out to me, just asks for the usual.
Dick; retired ex-docker, loves football even if he supports the wrong team. travels around Europe a lot so he'll have spells where he's not in for weeks but will always come back with a nice story or tell a story from the old days.

Least favourite. The Belgian beer bellend, fucker does nothing but complain about what we have in our clerance fridge. He's in 4/5 days a week and still hasn't caught on that we don't have any that we're trying to clear. This isn't helpped by the manager encoureging him, telling me that there's a box of x,y or z down in the celler (when I know there's not) and telling me to go down and check. Cunt even complains when I take longer than 5 minutes, doesn't tip.
>>
>>7728378
Really? i can tell who people are sometimes by special orders they place. some of our regs order off menu or get something done a special way and i remember those fuckers.
>>
There's this chick (lady) that comes into my work. She's not a regular though I do see her regularly LOL. She works at the local food place I go for food.

Treats me well when I need it.
>>
I go go a local Burrito place at least once a week and get a Burrito. They know me by name, they used to give me a free burrito every once in awhile but they stopped doing their rewards card.
>>
>>7728355
latte
1 sugar
>>
>>7728434
>LOL
>>
I used to work at a conference centre/hotel as a waiter, this guy might not have been a regular but he came in maybe twice a month or so, think he just liked the location or something. Anyway, he'd come in probably 30 minutes before the kitchen would close and he'd get some schlep meal like veal parmigiana or whatever the fish meal was that night. He'd get it with coffee, and after the meal he'd always want a custom ice cream parfait that I'd have to spend like 4 minutes running about to acquire the ingredients for. I say custom because it wasn't on the menu, but we had the stuff and the management didn't care if we got ice cream for people, as it was a business.
Anyway, so this guy always had this black suit and tie, and had thinning hair that was greased back so it kind of looked like ghetto cornrows, and would want a paper to read (which I would fish out of the kitchen blue box) and then make pleasant but empty conversation as I came and went with stuff. He always seemed really stressed out, too, but kind of in an autistic way seemed to enjoy his shitty overpriced meal.
I'm glad to be out of the service industry because it is dead end and boring, but I do miss my forced interaction with some of the people.
>>
I don't work there, but I'm another regular in this cheap local hamburger place.

This old greasy guy shows up, orders a huge plate of food, eats a quarter of it and throws out the rest, talks to the waitresses about how he's a masochist loudly and proudly, and he has "fallen over and couldn't get up" at least thrice - I'm guessing for some human contact when people lift him back up.

I mean I don't dislike him, he seems lonely and a little mentally ill. But the workers seem to hate him.
>>
When I walk into little Caesars, they pull out two pepperoni hit n readys and extra garlic sauce jsut for me without my saying anything. Ya, I'm the man
>>
some guy posted this video a couple days back, and the guy is kind of an autistic John Lennon who subsists off of big macs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-bI9qzFQk

a proud regular beta sperg and part time shill is he
>>
>>7728583
This is from the Supersize Me thing, right?

I'd seriously like an update on this guy.
>>
>>7728593
huh didn't see the movie but you're right
and apparently the nigga had a documentary devoted about him and wrote a book afterwards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Gorske

never underestimate the inconsequence of North American media
>>
>>7728355
A friend of mine frequents this shitty local, greasy fastfood place for years, very rarely does anyone of us go with him. He always orders the exact same things, an abstruse amount of fries, fried sausages and the likes. Sometimes he doesnt say his order because the employees know it already or if he mixes it up the staff corrects him
>>
>>7728434
What was the point of this post?
>>
>>7728355
> Favourite
Timmy. This one guy that orders tons of food. Quite often, he gets his own van trip because he's such a special snowflake and literally just across the street from the store.
He runs a catering company for school dinners, and so orders frozen veg in huge quantities, the absolute earliest he can get it.

Least favourite is a nearby 'educational trust' in a big tudor house. I helped with a delivery there a couple of times. Shittons of food, you have to ask politely to get them to let the van in, gravel driveway, and LOW FUCKING TUDOR DOORWAYS.
I'm 6'2" and carrying two heavy crates of food. I have to sort of limbo under the doorways without losing my balance, or seeing where my feet are going.
Then you've got to put their metal post back into the ground. And they hoard the crates, so we don't get them back for ages.
>>
>>7728355
My favorite is well-done fish man. I know it's him, because he always orders the same kind of fish, and he likes it well-done.

He is my favorite customer, because he always tells my boss that the fish is tasty.
>>
>>7728635
>abstruse
I don't think this means what you think it does.
>>
Old fucking bob. He was in his 70s his voice was a wreck. He just mumble/whispered in an old man tone. The only thing you could understand from him were names and "Sprite". He'd come to the bar every Tuesday and Thursday mumble a bunch of shit. Order a Sprite mumble some jibberish for about 10 min and leave. After about a year he started to get creepy. He'd always ask for specific bar tenders when they were off. He would also bring in pictures of people. They were always early 20s, in some weird like community room that had a bulletin board but it was super run down. Oh and they always had a look of fear on their faces. It wasn't just a few pictures either I saw at least 50 different people. Then he started coming in with pictures of my employees. They were candid shots tho. Like thru a window. Or across a street, behind a bush. I wish I was joking but it was fucking weird. I banned him shortly after that. We started to think he was a serial killer.

Favorite customer. Turkey Tim. Every Saturday he'd come in throw down 200$ and get a bottle of wild turkey and proceed to strike out with every 8-10 that came in and always leave with a 5 and under. Fucking guy was always happy tho.
>>
>>7728673
>Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Bob was probably just an autist, but banning was probably a smart move just cause who needs to bother with that shit if he starts obsessing over people
>>
File: 1424804361953.jpg (66 KB, 640x414) Image search: [Google]
1424804361953.jpg
66 KB, 640x414
I don't really so much have a favorite, so here's a short list of some of the ones I like.

African guy who's kinda hard to understand and I feels like we communicate as much via body language and hand gestures as words, buys tissue paper a lot, not sure why. Actually came out to see if I needed help when I had to chase down a couple of shoplifters.

Arab taxi driver who's chill as fuck and always orders a small coffee. Helped me wrestle a junkie trying to steal a bag full of ice cream.

Tiny eastern European guy who speaks a ton of languages and always buys a shitload of different cigerattes for one of the gambling clubs.

A super sweet woman who used to also come by to buy cigs for one of the gambling clubs, possibly Albanian or something. Sounded like her day consisted of working, studying and sleeping. She sounded super worned down and I couldn't help feeling sorry for her. Think she's studying full time now.

Doorman for one of the local strip clubs, always down for a chat.

The strippers from that strip club. Hotdogs, croissants and tons of flirting.

Lesbians that eat a ton of hotdogs and make dick jokes when they buy them. Every time.

The women that work at the lesbian club, buying ice and whatever they need when they go home.

Short, skinny, short haired woman who's always drunk, but always cool.

Chill as fuck Vietnamese guy.

The guy who always buys large cinnamon rolls at about 6 in the morning.

And a ton of other people. Honestly, the only of one of my regulars I'm not too fond of are some of the African prostitudes, mostly because of the drunk tourists they keep dragging along. Generally the idea is that they'll try to rip them off because they're drunk as fuck. It's always a fucking mess.

Guess there's also the schizophrenic woman who sometimes stand by the window all day and yells at the "man with the white eyes", taps her finger on the table and write cryptic notes about passerbys. Haven't seen her in a while.
>>
>>7728673
What state was this? I seriously have a very similar story about a "bob" who was forcibly removed from our pub. He came in with a book full of pictures of one of our waitresses and wouldn't leave her alone. The day we kicked his ass out he has shown up in soiled sweat pant and gave a "love letter" to his favorite waitress. It was a folder full of court papers. He gave her about 5-6 cases that the state had against him. His crimes ranged from disturbing the peace to attempted solicitation. We had an ex-marine regular drag him out and hold him until the police arrived. The cops said he was pretty well known to the police force because he was always getting picked up for acting crazy.

The Tim story also sounds similar. I don't remember his name but we had a regular who did the same. He'd come in sat night and get a bottle then fail to pick up all the young girls he was after, then by the end of the bottle he'd settle for a fat farm girl and leave smiling.
>>
>>7728660
I know what its meaning in my own language is and the definition doesnt exactly change if im correct but please enlighten me so you wont be bothered the next time i post on /ck/
>>
There's this little bristo I go to around the back of Boston Bay.

I was talking to the owner, Tony, and he mentioned this story.

He has a regular who still hasn't gotten that Tony's name is Tony even though the restaurant is called: Antoine's.
>>
>>7728652
it was bait, if you see a shitpost don't reply, it is no-ones job to question idiots on the internet.
>>
>>7728746
Absurd?
>>
File: IMG_20130904_223158.jpg (425 KB, 1785x1339) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130904_223158.jpg
425 KB, 1785x1339
>>7728355

Back when I worked as a manager for Whataburger, I had a guy come in every day at 4AM and drop ~$35 for himself and his wife.

His burger alone was usually about $20:
>4-5 patties, two slices of cheese per patty
>like 12 strips of bacon
>grilled veggies
>fried egg
>instead of bun, 3 slices of thick Texas toast

He would get his wife a double plain/dry burger, both of them got onion rings and fries, and he would get something different as a snack like a grilled cheese with BBQ sauce and grilled onions.

He tipped me $5 every time, which is weird considering fast food.

He also wasn't fat at all. 6 foot and no more than 200 pounds or so.

Pic semi-related, a smaller version of one of his.
>>
>>7728359
large 'da with a side of 'sta
>>
>>7728994
How is the name Antoine supposed to clue someone in on the owners name being Tony? He should've just named the restaurant Tony's instead of being a fucking wise guy. And hey, here's a novel idea: "Hey fuckface, my name is Tony!"
>>
>>7728739
San Francisco
>>
>>7729120
>LOL
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Least favourite, a rude guy who buys a tea and sits for four hours - luckily he recently stopped coming.
Most favourite in picture, he leaves 4 pounds in tip every time.
>>
>>7728725
> write cryptic notes about passerbys

Gotta love schizos.
>>
>>7730239
>he leaves 4 pounds in tip every time.
The tip of his penis is four pounds?
>>
>>7729052
I'd kill for this guy's metabolism like wtf every night at 4 am get a fuckhuge burger and then a snack burger???!! fuck man
>>
>>7728725
do you live in a sitcom?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.