[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best website for good cocktail recipes? It seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
What's the best website for good cocktail recipes? It seems like all the sites I find through Google are either allrecipes-tier or have user-submitted recipes/focus on quantity over quality.
So cocktail snobs, what are your online go-tos?
>>
International Bartenders Association keeps a pretty solid list.
>>
either straight to page ten with a couple replies or someone takes the bait and starts flinging shit about only drinking liquor neat followed by cock waggling over liquor brands and the insinuation that so much as a margarita is Smirnoff ice tier
>>
>>7727443

I prefer my whisky with a bit of ice. However I had a whisky sour at the Jameson Factory in Dublin about 5 years ago. It haunts me to this day. Thanks to that tour, that whiskey sour, I essential stopped mixing drinks.
>>
>>7727208
howcast on youtube has a pretty good series about basic classic cocktails, beyond that though I have the same problem, I can only ever seem to find lists of shit 17 year old college girls would order with their fake IDs on ladies' night.
>>
Diffordsguide
>>
I highly recommend talking to an actual bartender. Ask how they like their old fashioned.
>>
>>7728178

Don't do it OP this is homo-bartender speak for sex, you will get your boipucci destroyed.
>>
Classic cocktails are more about quality ingredients. A classic daquri is just fresh lime juice, two shots of rum and simple syrup/gome (same thing different names depending where you're from). If you use cheap rum it'll taste cheep if you use something top shelf it'll really show through.

Whilst some cocktails are build in glass if you're looking to start making cocktails I would say invest in the kit, boston shakers, jiggers, bar spoon, mexican elbow and a strainer should serve you well. Cocktails take time, effort and money to make well and sometimes use ingredients that aren't available everywhere (bitters for an old fashioned). If you're willing to spend that money why not just get fucked up in a bar?
>>
>>7728313
>simple syrup/gome (same thing different names

Gomme syrup has gum arabic added.
>>
>>7727208
the website that features my cock as a recipe for cocktails
>>
>>7727208
check out "the cocktail spirit" on youtube its pretty ok
>>
>>7728313
>If you use cheap rum it'll taste cheep if you use something top shelf it'll really show through.

It surprises me how few people are actually willing to mix with decent/good stuff. Even in something as simple as rum+coke the difference between shit rum and good rum is substantial.
>>
>>7728252
Then I'm definitely doing it.

I'm either ending up with a drink or a cock. I can't lose.
>>
>>7728313
Exactly wrong, the whole point of cocktails is disguising the flavor of low end booze, that's literally why they were invented.
90 percent of customers can't tell between good and cheap booze if it's in a cocktail.Hell half of you can't even tell top shelf from well straight.
>>
>>7727208
>asks for cocktails
>pick related is a mixed drink
do you retards even know the difference?
I'm okay with using cordial and liquor interchangeable because they are for most of the 1st world (America) it is, but come on, know your shit man.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.