[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rattlesnek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-05-29-19-48-51-984240183.jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-29-19-48-51-984240183.jpg
13 KB, 259x194
Anyone got tips for cooking rattlesnake?
>>
>>7727118
milk the venom. Inject into veins. And you're done.
>>
>>7727118

Batter it, spice it with salt, pepper, cayenne, chilli powder, onion and garlic powder, and deep fry that shit.

Serve it with slaw, beans, or corn bread, and you won't be able to tell the difference between it and chicken.
>>
>>7727122
Negative Ghost Rider. Dead when i got him.
>>
>>7727131
Ever try frying it without batter?
>>
File: 1464435266946.jpg (47 KB, 625x432) Image search: [Google]
1464435266946.jpg
47 KB, 625x432
>>7727118
do not overcook the meat.
chop into 2" chunks
soak in buttermilk for an hour
slap yo mama, tony C's creole spice and old bay mixed together.
dip in spices-flour-egg-cornmeal in that order
deep fry veg oil. do not overcook

get some tartar sauce and mix it with a bunch of tabasco sauce and lemon juice.

bam! flavortown!
>>
>>7727140
Nope.

It's kind of stringy, and the batter helps the texture and holds more of the spices.

You could, though.
>>
>>7727140
the problem is that snake meat can overcook really quickly so the batter kind of seals everything in and regulates the heat. when its juicy its juicy but when its past done its dryer than the driest chicken youve ever eaten.
>>
Awesome. Thanks guys.
>>
You could Barbecue it in some spicy sauce, that's what I did. It was kinda like jerkey.
>>
>>7727118
on a stick
>>
>>7727118
It's shit OP. I've had it many times. ( From Oklahoma). Don't waste your time with it.
>>
>>7727444
No bowl!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.