[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the difference between the following? >restaurant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
What's the difference between the following?

>restaurant
>diner
>eatery
>joint
>gastropub
>>
>>7726014
I like diners and joints but they're all restaurants imo
>>
>>7726014
restaurant is the only name I acknowledge
>>
>sit down dining
>home atmosphere sit down
>wtf is an eatery?
>hangout
>"foodies"
>>
restaurant=movie
diner=cinema
eatery=film
joint=kino

gastropub=flick
>>
>>7726024
shut the fuck up

>>7726014

Joints<eateries<diners<gastropubs

restaurant could be anywhere on that scale
>>
>place you eat at
>place you dress up a little to eat at
>fast 'dining food', Fazzolis, Mcl cafeteria
>greasy, bad lighting, sticky menus, waitress is in her 40's, has her hair up in a bun and you can see the vericose veins all over her legs and the seats have straw wrappers and crumbs in the cracks
>hipster shit
>>
File: kek.jpg (8 KB, 160x139) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
8 KB, 160x139
>>7726024
>>7726099
I love you, /ck/
>>
>>7726014

>>restaurant - bring home fuck in bed
>>diner - bring home fuck on couch, maybe bed
>>eatery - bj in car
>>joint - bj in men's room, maybe car
>>gastropub - bj in car put finger in butt as she does it, so European
>>
you can get go style za at all of the above with the exception of a gastropub. you can only get pizza there
>>
>>7726126
>replying to your own post
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7726146
why are you inviting him over if you dont like him
>>
>>7726146
and here I thought all the cynical assholes were safely quarantined on /pol/
>>
>>7726146
>""no""
>>
>>7726014
It's all just a taxonomy of places to eat.
>>
Is this a variant of the movies flicks kino meme?
>>
>>7726270
Theres always been this bizarre number of /tv/-/ck/ crossposters lurking around here. (myself being one of them)
Its only natural that some of the ebin maymays from over there would leak into here on occasion.
>>
>>7726270
>>7726420
>>7726082
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.