[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So gentlemen Have any of you ever eaten The Carolina reaper ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: carolinareaperchiliseeds.jpg (179 KB, 600x467) Image search: [Google]
carolinareaperchiliseeds.jpg
179 KB, 600x467
So gentlemen

Have any of you ever eaten The Carolina reaper ?
>>
No. Why would I want to do that?
>>
>>7725582
curiosity

suicidal tendencies

youtube fame

General retardation
>>
>>7725560

No but after trying ghost pepper powder I've really been interested in buying some carolina reaper powder. That shit is DIVINE sprinkled onto a hot greasy piece of pizza. The chili pepper just melts into the oil and infuses into everything and makes it delicious.
>>
>>7725560

i have had some beef jerky made with reaper and i have had pure capsaicin extract before

i like spicy but anything past habanero is just kinda stupid and ruins food
>>
>>7725560
Today was actually the first time I've used the powder i got off amazon. I used about 1/3 the amount i would use of the ghost pepper powder i have. It was great. Stupid hot. eyes ran all through the meal. glad i have tomorrow off because what happens next is going to need recovery time.
>>
>>7725595
>youtube fame
Yeah, great, I want meme spewing faggots calling me dat boi senpai on twitter.
>>
>>7725699

You know I've never had bad shits after eating spicy food before. Not sure where this meme comes from. I've eaten so much super hot Korean spicy noodle with added ghost pepper powder that my shit was literally red, but besides the color it was just another regular morning shit.
>>
>>7725560
Yes. I don't even like spicy food. I got half of one down but then puked immediately and ate a couple huge containers of yogurt. It hurt.

However, my gf makes a chili with those things that fucking burns, and I have to admit it's pretty good, though I can barely choke down a single spoonful.
>>
File: 1448061977493.png (108 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
1448061977493.png
108 KB, 290x290
>>7725712
>tfw daddy is an edgelord
>>
File: 1314124706256.jpg (23 KB, 362x372) Image search: [Google]
1314124706256.jpg
23 KB, 362x372
>>7725681
Seconding.
I had some ghost pepper wings a while back that tasted like pain.
Thats all I tasted. Intense pain. It just hurt, and I couldn't enjoy the flavor, then later I had a stomach ache and I felt nauseous.
I love spicy shit, but theres a limit to it.

Its kinda like those gherdeli chocolate bars with the % of cocao in them. Once you get above 70-75% cocao, you're basically eating bakers chocolate.
>>
Maybe I'm just a giant pussy but I like my food to have actual flavors and not just hot. I think all these Turbo Skull Fucker 9000 hot sauces and death peppers are stupid.
>>
>>7726158
they might have a complex, great taste aside from being hot. no one will ever know.
>>
tried a teaspoon of some ghost pepper sauce my friend had and i almost passed out

people are stupidly overconfident about the amount of spice they can handle just because they've had jalapenos or habaneros
>>
>>7726158
you're a giant pussy.
>>
>>7725560
ate a dried one on an empty stomach at around 10:30 and then went to sleep. The pain woke me up around 4:45 the next morning and I was shitting literal fire for the rest of the day.
>>
>>7726154
>70-75% cocao, you're basically eating bakers chocolate.

Nah, 85-90% is where it really comes into its own without going full retard.
>>
>>7726154

good comparison

ghirardelli 72% is pretty good stuff. wouldn't go any higher though.
>>
>>7725560
not straight.

I made a pot of chili with one... colour me impressed.
>>
>>7726178

pure capsaicin extract would probably be what i would use to torture someone.

tie them to a chair and give them a tablespoon of it and watch them vomit all over themselves, cry and have a panic attack. leave the room come back a few hours later and give them another big tablespoon of it. repeat until insanity.

i tried dime sized glob of it it once on a saltine and spent hours with snot running out of my nose, sweating, tearing up and holding ice cubes directly on my tongue/drinking milk
>>
>>7726279
they should do that to terrorists instead of waterboarding
>>
>>7726158
A lot of sauces are designed to just be painful, but a lot of these peppers are quite flavourful. A properly ripe habanero is amazingly flavourful. Ghost peppers and Reapers are a bit less sweet (and obviously hotter), but have their own strangely citrusy charms. I think smoked reapers would be pretty kickass.
>>
>>7726279
Pure capsaicin is like a legitimate acid, you could kill with that.
>>
>>7726279
why would you start with a dime-sized drop?... toothpicks man... toothpicks.
>>
super hots can have nice flavors guys
you just have to work up to it, but doing that is not worth it for majority of people
>>
>>7725725
It didnt happen to me until my late 20s. Now it happens all the time with really hot foods.
>>
>>7725560
Hottest I've had was Madame Jeanette, which is divine because it's super fruity. Included it in the following:

Fry an onion, chopped. Garlic optional, also chopped.
Add chicken, then salt and pepper to taste.

Once chicken is starting to turn white to slightly brown, add about twice as much tomato (in 12ths) as you've added chicken (6 lbs chicken = 12 lbs tomatoes)
In that same step add chopped basil (About 6-7 leaves) and finely chopped/minced Madame Jeanette.

Serves about 2 people. Goes well with pasta. Serve hot.

A great side dish is yoghurt with fresh fruits mixed in, pineapple and mango being great selections. Cool before serving.
>>
>>7726295

in college and just did it to be a dumbfuck with a bunch of other dumbfucks

like 10 of us did it. 8 puked.

also had night where we tossed a bunch of money into a pot winner take all on whoever could drink a gallon of milk the fastest without puking. pretty sure its impossible/everyone projectiled violently
>>
how come no one grows a chilli the other way? breeds it specifically to have fuck all heat, meaning you can put 100 of them in your dish, and really get the flavor of it before the heat makes it unbearable? seems like a sensible way to get maximum chilli taste tbph
>>
>>7726820
Red bell peppers should be good'nuff for that. It's got a ton more flavour than chilli's anyway.
>>
>>7726279
In school there was a kid much bigger than me who stole my watch. He basically mugged me. The kind of school I went to, you can't let that shit slide or everyone will be fucking with you for the next 3 years, and you can't snitch.

The next day I spent my dinner money on hot chili powder on the way to school, found him at dinner time and blew a handful of that shit in his eyes. I didn't get my watch back but nobody messed with me again.
>>
Name is too meme-y.
>>
>>7726820
They do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Nh2mOHJIs

There are others like this.
>>
>>7726958
>exspecially
closed video
>>
Had two few who ate a Carolina reaper and a ghost pepper within 10-15 minutes of each other.

Ones an indian and the others a jew, they didn't seem terrible, Indian said he finally knows what white people feel like when they eat "spicy" shit
>>
>>7725560
Yes. It was great fun, I did so at a party, and my spicehead buddy and I were high-fiving while our friends were crying.

Come 8-10 hours later, however, and I had an extreme searing pain in my stomach, which I could only relate to ulcers. Very, very painful, and it actually was not worth it.
>>
Hot peppers are mostly memes and only retards eat them. Theres heat and flavor in some peppers, but the 'challenge' peppers are on the same tier as bacon and sriracha.
>>
have a dried one right beside me
can't eat it cuz i can't handle anything hotter than a bell pepper
>>
File: mad_mad_carl.png (455 KB, 810x688) Image search: [Google]
mad_mad_carl.png
455 KB, 810x688
>>7725670
>piece of pizza
>>
I had a Carolina reaper and ghost hot sauce mix on some wings. The burn lasted for about 30 minutes. My face was vibrating at some ultra high frequency I had tunnel vision and my knees were sweating. The next day while shitting fealt like someone put a cigar out on my O ring.
I'd try the pepper for money if given the opportunity.
>>
>>7726838
Just don't be such a poorfag.
>>
>>7727008
>only retards eat bacon
Do you realize that you are the embodiment of meme yourself?
>>
>>7726838
>dinner money

What the fuck? Did you not have parents or something? You were meant to fend for yourself for dinner?
>>
>>7727973
Dinner is the word used to describe lunch in places like the US south.
>>
>>7725560

I'm sprouting some right now. Maybe they'll be ready in a month or so.
>>
>>7728001
>sprout to fruit in a month

that's not even possible indoors with a hydroponic setup, is it?
>>
>>7725670
You know that shit probably has less heat than Chalua?
>>
>>7728024

my pepper plants are about a month and a half old and are a little over a foot tall/no fruits started/still young
>>
>>7728024

Sorry, should have said that I started sprouting them in april.

Everything I've read about growing peppers though says that its expected 7-10 weeks from planting to harvesting.
>>
>>7725560

Yeah, actually. My friend had some and we dared each other to do it about three years ago.

I took a decent bite and everything was okay for a second. My eyes started to water, my mouth salivated way more than usual, I got the hiccups because I couldn't breathe, and I had to drink a shitload of water.

We were all laughing but inside (and outside because of the watering eyes) I was crying. Didn't burn my asshole on the way out or anything.

t. North Carolinian
>>
>>7725560
I would love to try but I do fear it.
>>
>>7725725
its a white person thing, it happens when anything more than salt and pepper is considered too much seasoning.
>>
>>7728465
>white people don't know how to season food
I'll never get this meme. Is it just an overcompensation thing from minorities? Do you need to boast rumors about others eating habits in order to feel better about yourself?
>>
>>7725560
Yeah, but not like that. A small dried one you can order online for cheap. Burn was still pretty bad though but only lasted a solid 10 minutes.
>>
>>7728494
go eat your chip butty in denial
>>
>>7728549
At least I'm not so fucking worthless that I feel the need to define my worth based on what type of food I eat. Nigger.
>>
>>7725560
It's hot but there is WORSE.

I've had a dried chocolate bhutlah.
>>
>>7728554
all we're saying is if you colonized people's lands for spices you could at least use them every once in a while britbong
>>
>>7728849
Curry.
>>
>>7728853
British curry has about as much flavor as mud does.
>>
>>7728863
You wouldn't know.
:^)
>>
Too hot man, I've got 600,000 SHU hot sauce that I can't use for anything but dares because it overwhelms the flavor of everything. What am I supposed to do with 2,000,000+ ?

I'll just stick with my habaneros because they have the best kick/flavor ratio and you can add a foolish amount of them without ruining your food.
>>
>>7725560
no, but have you heard about the midnight rambler?
>>
>>7726154

this
>>
File: le mosquito burger nigger.jpg (103 KB, 952x599) Image search: [Google]
le mosquito burger nigger.jpg
103 KB, 952x599
>>7728465
white people be like "eww mosquitos are gross"
>>
File: 1463319313644.jpg (71 KB, 750x714) Image search: [Google]
1463319313644.jpg
71 KB, 750x714
>>7728465
wew
>>
>>7725725
That means your stomach is extremely acidic
>>
>>7729472

would you like flies with that?
>>
File: 1383001330434.jpg (51 KB, 494x374) Image search: [Google]
1383001330434.jpg
51 KB, 494x374
>>7729678
>>
>>7729472
This is why they have ebola, aids and malaria.
>>
>>7729735
Are you sure you're fit to be here? Anyone who knows anything about cooking knows the ebola, AIDS, and malaria are "cooked out" in the process.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.