[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apartment Grilling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Any apartment dwellers with charcoal grilling experience here? If so, what grill do you use?

I've been thinking about buying a Weber Smoke Joe and using it on top of my oven (So the smoke goes directly into the exhaust hood). Anybody knows how viable that would be? I'll keep a fire extinguisher nearby, of course.
>>
What brand carbon monoxide detector do you use?
>>
File: IMG_20160529_134144976.jpg (4 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160529_134144976.jpg
4 MB, 2340x4160
Just put it on your porch.
>>
>>7725530
Good point, I should buy one.

>>7725554
I could use the balcony, but the people living in the 6 floors above me probably wouldn't appreciate it.
>>
>>7725475

>inb4 apartment fire/homelessness
>>
>>7725475

most apartment exhaust hoods don't actually vent to the outside. it's just a little aluminum filter that does fuck all except catch grease spattering upward.

you're going to fuck yourself if you try to use a charcoal grill inside.
>>
>>7725568
I would say screw the neighbors. You're trying to get your grill on. I don't get mad at my neighbors when I can smell them grilling.
>>
>>7725605
Fair. Think I'll give it a go and see how many complaints I receive.
>>
>>7725554
many apartment complexes do not allow this for insurance reasons.
>>
File: lindseylohan.png (240 KB, 377x427) Image search: [Google]
lindseylohan.png
240 KB, 377x427
>>7725605

your neighbors shouldn't mind
there's not that much smoke
and what, it's 90 minutes tops if you're cooking a whole chicken in the Smoky Joe

a grill inside an apartment is a catastrophe waiting to happen
>>
>this literal retard who wants to use his grill inside

LOL
>>
>>7725581
This. It's not viable at all. Just get a little electric grill, it's not ideal, but it's what you can do. I'm in the same position. I'm in an apartment and not allowed to grill on my balcony, so I use a Hamilton Beach searing grill on my stovetop. Gets the job done.
>>
>>7725475
This will probably offend you, but why not charcoal grill at a local park that has charcoal grills set up for the purpose?

No asshole landlord to deal with, no grill to buy either and you get the charcoal taste.
>>
>>7725645

tfw you won't ever get to do a bunch of cocaine and fuck a young lohans brains out
>>
>>7725619
I don't think your neighbors will care that much, but the apartment management will go ballistic.

Some guy in my hometown caused a huge fire by using a grill on his apartment porch.
>>
>>7725979
>tfw you won't ever get to do a bunch of cocaine and fuck a young lohans brains out

to be fair, fucking her brains out wouldn't be much a feat
>>
File: lindsay222.jpg (7 KB, 202x250) Image search: [Google]
lindsay222.jpg
7 KB, 202x250
>>7725979

you nasty man
what makes you think I didn't?
>>
>>7725985
At my complex the issue is that people would see smoke coming off a balcony, think there was a fire, and call 911. This happened enough times, apparently, that they had to ban balcony grilling.
>>
Most apartments don't allow charcoal grills. Ask the management.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.