[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any cu/ck/s here living in USA? I'm European and have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: american food product.jpg (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
american food product.jpg
81 KB, 600x600
Any cu/ck/s here living in USA?

I'm European and have to live there for six months doing a semester at MIT (gubbament pays for tuition so it is free for me).

How do I get access to fresh food like I'm used to here? I understand the New England area is not that bad in this respect because of the traditionally strong European ties, but still...

My friends and I considered hiring a container on a cargoship and ship our fresh dairy products and meats from Norway but apparently one has to involve the government for this

Essentially I need
>dairy products like milk, cream, sourcream and filmjölk, real butter (not American butter)
>real meat, not American meat with 80% meat and 20% water and flour. Beef, pork and horse mostly
>fish
>real bread, particularly rye bread and crisp bread
>>
File: 1407364508469.jpg (81 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1407364508469.jpg
81 KB, 512x512
>>7724773
fuck off
>>
>>7724773
We have these things called grocery stores where you can buy those things
>>
>things that never happened
>>
It's illegal to eat horse in the us.
>>
File: images (95).jpg (23 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
images (95).jpg
23 KB, 511x288
>>
>>7724808

That's how come it tastes all the sweeter then.
>>
>>7724773

>live in Europe
>when you need meat you go to a butcher, when you need bread you go to a baker
>move to America
>WHERE DO I FIND MEAT AND BREAD? EVERYTHING IN THE SUPERMARKET IS PACKAGED!

Gee, I don't know, have you tried the fucking butcher and baker yet?
>>
>>7724820
>butcher

No, we go to the charcuterei
>>
It's illegal to eat horse in the us.
You can get the meat from a Kroger or Publix.
if you have a local farmers' market you can get the dairy there, but milk is everywhere.
go to a bakery for bread.
If you want real butter you'll have to go to a colonial fair.
>>
>>7724808
No it isn't you little faggot.
Research before posting next time.
>>
>>7724820
There is fresh meat in most grocery stores.
>>
>>7724826
Too late, I already Wikipediad it, was shocked and then posted it on /int/
>>
>>7724826
Ok it used to be, but you won't find it anywhere.
>>
If you're going to MIT just look up farmers markets and farms/butchers/bakeries around Cambridge..it's in cambridge so its most likely pretentious as fuck and will have a shit ton of organic/farm to table/overpriced markets and stores... https://www.massfarmersmarkets.org/ heres something
>>
File: 1460112297838.jpg (187 KB, 650x910) Image search: [Google]
1460112297838.jpg
187 KB, 650x910
>>7724823
>charcuterei
oh la la , so fancy , so french , so piggy !
>>
>>7725445
Actually we all have words for it in our native languages, I just picked the french word to make things easier on Ameriturds who need to Wikipedia it
>>
I'm sure there are dairies and coop stuff in your area to source your groceries from if the supermarket isn't good enough for you. Some of the higher end stores tend to have fresh locally sourced stuff anyway.
>>
>>7724773
>real butter (not American butter)
Margarine is an imitation butter spread used for spreading, baking, and cooking. Hippolyte Mège-Mouriès created it in France, in 1869.
>>
>>7724773
>at MIT
You will find anything you want in Boston at every grocery store, except for the horse.
/thread
>>
You sound like an arrogant asshole
>>
>>7724773
As far as I know, Bostonians feed exclusively of cabbage and potatoes, due to their general Irish roots. I'm pretty sure you can just trade beer for cabbage to your neighboor.
>>
File: boston.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
boston.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>>7725672
>>
Have you tried going to a grocery store OP? Or are you just assuming that all food in the US is processed? Are you some kind of idiot? This thread didnt even have to happen.
>>
Gee OP, your ignorance is astounding. Let's see I live in major city in the Midwest and guess what I do when I want bread. I walk down to the bakery. Meat? Well, we also have this thing I can walk to, and they are found throughout the world...would you believe it's a butcher shop? Fresh fruits and vegetables? Have several choices for that including a public market...oh, my god, I bet your mind is blown! Don't be such a fucktard...
>>
>>7725650
congrats on participating in your first troll thread
>>
>>7724773
>How do I get access to fresh food like I'm used to here?
you go to the grocery store dumbfuck cunt eurocuck

deli section- your gay wieners
produce section- gay lettuce
bakery- baguette
>>
>>7724773
all American dairy products not being real dairy products in a meme friend

sure grass fed cows make higher quality diary but that doesn't mean that American diary is some how "fake" or "not real".

but if your gonna be a bitch about it get some Kerry Gold its imported from Ireland

if your at MIT then your in Boston so go find a fish market for fresh fish

go find a local bakery for fresh bread is this really that hard?

Also its the summer for most colleges in America and i'm pretty sure MIT doesn't have a summer semester that starts in May and ends in October
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.