[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Sriracha?I love it.I put it on mac and cheese,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11
File: srirachabottles.jpg (297 KB, 1200x742) Image search: [Google]
srirachabottles.jpg
297 KB, 1200x742
What do you think of Sriracha?I love it.I put it on mac and cheese, rice, cheese and potatoes, mashed potatoes, burgers and pretty much anything that needs a little heat.I think it's way better than hot sauce.
>>
>>7723098
Normie sauce that tastes like slightly spicy ketchup
>>
Memecore
>>
Sriracha is a type of hot sauce.
>>
>>7723106
>>7723113
>le meme normy sauce that hipsters use DURRR
would you seriously not like something just because it's popular?
>>
>>7723098
>way better than hot sauce

It's a hot sauce. Literally says it on the bottle.

Also I like it. It makes a good buffalo [whatever] to dip in blue cheese dressing.
>>
>>7723115
I know but it's different.Sweeter and the heat sits in the background for a few moments before having it's full effect.Hot sauce is just one blast of hot, gross, vinegar that burns you out then leaves you feeling lonely and unsatisfied like a disgusting jamaican hooker.
>>
>>7723119
Do you have any idea where you are? It's a bunch of pathetic failures who grasp for anything they can to act superior. Not liking popular food and acting pretentious about it is literally the biggest accomplishment of their lives.
>>
>>7723098

what caused this stuff to get so popular anyway
>>
>>7723135
Because it's a good product.
>>
UPDATE: OP HERE YEAH I KNOW IT'S A HOT SAUCE I JUST MEANT THE SAUCES LIKE FRANKS OR LOUISIANA AS HOT SAUCE.
>>
>>7723130
You're a fucking retard. Sriracha is a type of hot sauce. That's like saying your favorite animal is a rhinoceros but mammals suck.

Quit being an ignoramus.
>>
>>7723134
>Oh, me? No, I'm not a pathetic failure. I swear. I just like to surround myself with them. Makes me feel better. Please believe me.
>>
>>7723135
It's cheap and goes with more food better than regular hot sauces
>>
>>7723143
>I lack reading comprehension: the post
>>
too sweet imo
>>
>>7723141
kill yourself you're getting mad over a sauce with a cock on it you fuckin fag
>>
File: bear-sitting-picnic-table.jpg (100 KB, 468x480) Image search: [Google]
bear-sitting-picnic-table.jpg
100 KB, 468x480
>>7723137
>>7723145

yeah it's pretty decent

but it really doesn't stand out too much from other sauces you'd get in the international foods section from a local grocery store
>>
>>7723150
Whatever you say, anon.
>>
>>7723152
testy, are we? doesn't make me wrong
>>
>>7723119
Seriously this. I think the bacon worship is one of the most annoying trends that's been going on lately, but that doesn't make me like bacon any less.
>>
>>7723164
technically it isn't international.It's made a few miles outside Los Angeles.

Well,, unless you're from outside the US in which case, woops.
>>
>>7723166
i admited it was a hot sauce and I made a mistake in my post.
>>
not a fan of the sweet hot sauce at all but I know people who like it
>>
I don't like most other hot sauces either except for sriracha and texas pete.Something about Texas Pete is great on tacos.
>>
>>7723098
I don't like it. Too oily. I prefer Tapito, Bajan, or El Yucateco.
>>
>>7723098

i just use tabasco or for something more mild, frank's hot sauce or texas pete (which is actually made in north carolina those fucks).
>>
>>7723098
I love Sriracha too, I use it in my 'go 'za
>>
>>7723913
There's no oil in it, or any fat at all.
>>
>>7723135
entry level hotsauce, exotic name and tacky packaging
>>
>>7723913
>El Yucateco
Now we're talking god-tier.

Sriracha is fine. I like the sweet/spicy/garlic quality it has with a lot of different foods. The hype is ludicrous, but people do that sometimes. Whatever. It's not my #1, but I'll probably always have a bottle in my cupboard.
>>
>>7723913
>>7724084

it's not very hot but ever try cholula?
>>
pretty good on pizza t bh
>>
>>7725726
>having some 'cha on the 'za
>>
>>7725776
seriously surprised it took this long to see someone say 'cha
>>
almost a necessity for a traditional go za. ya gotta have the cha
>>
File: 37777646_069_d.jpg (74 KB, 688x1032) Image search: [Google]
37777646_069_d.jpg
74 KB, 688x1032
always gotta have my 'cha on me at all times

It makes everything better...
I love taking my wife's son out to the local 'za joint for the best 'go style 'za around and throwin some of the 'cha on top
>>
>>7723098
I like it but use this one more cause sometimes the sweetness of sirarcha doesn't go good with certain stuff
>>
>>7723098
>Too much garlic
>Too low spiciness

Dutch sambals is where it's at, boyo
>>
>>7726501
thats a pretty cool keychain but if you put it in your back pocket and sit on it you're gonna look like you're shitting blood
>>
Wait, is it supposed to be very not spicy? I vaguely remember trying some hot sauce at a restaurant that from my memory looks like that bottle, but it was spicy as hell. Like, much more hot than most normal hot sauces, and it didn't have any sweetness.
>>
>>7723135
probably because it's ubiquitous in most asian restaurants
>>
>boy I sure do love the taste of distilled vinegar and the cheapest garlic powder money can buy
>>
>Put so much hot stuff on my food over the years that I become completely desensitized to Sriracha
>sometimes just pop the screw top and suckle on the bottle a little for the taste
Who else does this
>>
>>7723119

Not the first guy you quoted, but he's right.

I had never tried sriracha until someone handed me some. I was completely unimpressed.
>>
>>7726515
My nigga.

I go through this stuff too quickly though.
>>
File: 1463512346070.jpg (151 KB, 1704x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463512346070.jpg
151 KB, 1704x1080
>>7728968
I do it too.

Sriracha is ok-tier, no more. I always keep one bottle because it's a versatile sauce.

I sometimes mix mayo and sriracha to eat with fries.
>>
To be honest desu, I add it to my peanut butter jelly sammiches. It tastes really good
>>
>>7729871
Spicy mayo is the only thing to dip fries in.
>>
>>7723143
Mocking the guy who mocks you won't make you any less of a mockery
>>
>>7723098
Is there a Chicago style sriracha?
>>
>>7729990
yeah just grab a loaf of bread and dump a whole bottle of 'cha on it and wala
>>
>>7723135
Le epik leddit sauss xD
>>
>>7724035
just dab some 'cha on your go'za and Wala!
>>
>>7723179

do you or does anyone else here put hotsauce and salsa on your tacos or do you just go sans salsa?
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 237x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 237x270
>>7723135
Literally le reddit and the lgbt community. Don't bother.
>>
>>7723098
I thought it was too sweet, but I like the viscosity, heat, garlic, and the color is amazing.
>>
File: Charo_white_bg.jpg (50 KB, 213x255) Image search: [Google]
Charo_white_bg.jpg
50 KB, 213x255
I like Tapatío more. Great flavor, perfect amount of spiciness.
>>
>>7724090
Good stuff, but I don't think it's hot enough. Otherwise I'd use it more than Tapatio.
>>
>>7723098
its pretty good but there are better sauces out there
>>
>>7723119
Have you been to /a/?
>>
>>7730217
yeah only on tacos i make at home
>>
>>7723098
just tried it for the first time 2 months ago. pretty meh. it tasted like your average mild chili sauce with a garlic after taste. kinda goes well with nuggets, fried tofu & similar finger food, but i wouldn't put it on my egg or burgers.
>>
>>7723098
not good on its own, except when i put it with like. pizza and grilled cheese. it's good if with garlic (their garlic chili is superior) and added to stuff.

i use valentinas instead, super yummy
>>
>>7723135
The actual, non meme answer is that the founder got juiced in with Asian restaurants in the LA area. They would buy his sauce and put it on their tables and since it has a long shelf life, they can just let it sit there. Then the white and the hip started looking for it in ethnic food aisles and stores and the demand started taking off. Then because LA has such an influence on the rest of the country it started to spread in a fairly organic manner.

It's not overpowering but it is a new name in hot sauce, so because of its exoticism and novelty it became a hit with young people all over America. I first had it in college in Chicago in 2003 when I wanted to try the different hot sauces my dining hall had. Found it worked great on eggs but that's all I really used it for and I didn't think much of it although I did notice it popping up in Asian places and eventually it wormed its way into joints like Noodles and Company.

It shifted into meme food fairly recently, only 3-4 years ago, along with the rise of food blogs. People who considered themselves gourmets started putting it in their recipes and restaurants - newly aware of this new way to appeal to people looking for exotic, novel, slightly dangerous (read: spicy) dishes - started using it as their generic way to indicate something was spicy and now even my 70 year old aunt in bumfuck Wisconsin has a fucking bottle

A similar thing happened to aioli in the late 80's and 90's that was less conspicuous and more insidious, with pretentious fine dining places starting off calling any type of flavored mayo aioli and now that shit is in your local burger joint

It's entry level hot sauce presented as some sort of apex of hot saucery by plebs
>>
>>7729882
This is some bomb ass shit right here
>>
>>7723098
Sriracha is way too sweet. Americans love it so much because half their daily calories come from corn syrup.
>>
>>7732723
Thank you for your quality posting.

I consider Sriracha as a "spicy" ketchup.
>>
Too sweet and too much garlic.
>>
I think Sriracha is fantastic, in fact I love it so much that I practically eat everything with it.
>>
>>7723098
Shits bomb with mayo, put some of that shit with mayo on a burger or make a sriracha aioli.
>>
>>7728968
>over the years

I fucking swear that they reduced the heat in the sauce some time in the past ten years

has anyone else been using it since 05ish, I really feel like the cut the strength
>>
>>7733091
I have, it may have lost heat but you gotta remember you lose a percentage of your aversion to spice every year. Forbes actually attributed the explosion in hot sauce production to the baby boomers getting older
>>
Ketchup is the only accetable condiment
mustard is ok sometimes
mayo too
>>
File: memer.jpg (168 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
memer.jpg
168 KB, 1024x682
I fucking hate California.
>>
File: 1456732925899.jpg (26 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
1456732925899.jpg
26 KB, 500x301
>>7733429
>>
>>7723098
At first I thought this was b8 but I'm genuinely sorry you need meme sauce to make foods that should already be good on their own "taste better".
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.