[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love the taste of raw cabbage, but when I cook it it just tastes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: cabbage.jpg (44 KB, 600x353) Image search: [Google]
cabbage.jpg
44 KB, 600x353
I love the taste of raw cabbage, but when I cook it it just tastes disgusting. Am I doing something wrong? How can I avoid this? I've tried roasting and boiling with no apparent differences in result.
>>
Try sauteing it, and add some ginger and honey and some soy sauce, and you have a decent side.
>>
>>7721267
Are you eating it plain? I eat steamed cabbage with just a bit of salt and vinegar, I love it.
>>
File: Sauerkraut1.jpg (494 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Sauerkraut1.jpg
494 KB, 900x600
>>7721267

Try letting it ferment.
>>
Shred it and saute it with some garlic chili paste. Throw in any other vegetables and some chicken and eat it with rice.
>>
>>7721267
Only cook it for a few seconds. It stays crunchy and sweet that way.
I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for but I notice most people cook it for a long time and it becomes mushy and flavorless.
>>
>>7721267
literally just slice it up super fine, and put into a skillet with lots of butter. stir and cook till whenever you feel like its done. if you enjoy it raw just take it off when its still a bit crisp.

add salt and pepper and eat it.
>>
Cut it, add salt and possibly sugar, let it macerate from 15 minutes to up to 2 hours, then squeeze out the moisture. You get the benefits of cooking (less water = stronger flavor) while retaining the raw taste and the crunch. It's basically sauerkraut without the sauer.
>>
>>7721267
probably cooking it too long. should just cook until tender, not until the flavor turns into farts
>>
>>7721477

i've been hungry for some hotdogs and kraut. i never even liked it, haven't tried it since i was a kid, but now i'm really hungry for it. i'm going to have to get some soon. see if i actually like it now.
>>
>>7723975

Try heating up the kraut in a pot before you put it on the hotdog. I never was a big fan of cold kraut.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.