[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food rituals and routines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: downloadfile-37.jpg (93 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-37.jpg
93 KB, 800x600
What food related rituals do you live every week? Do you have any routines that make life a little more bearable?

Every friday night, if not going out for dinner, I pickup a bottle of nice wine and a bunch of charcuterie so the girlfriend and I dont have to cook, it really kicks the weekend off.

Every Saturday morning I get up early and go to an asian market to do my weekly vegetable and meat shop, while there I always get a big bowl of bun bo hue and read the news.

These two things keep me motivated to get through the working week.
>>
>>7719606
>bun bo hue
you know what's good
>>
Sorry your life is so miserable, OP. Every couple months I actually leave the house so I can go eat something that my mom didn't make.
>>
>>7720620
Nah my life isnt entirely miserable, just during the week because im a wage slave, these little things make life better and help keep me motivated through the tough times.
>>
>haphazardly throwing a lemon in there

Come on, just squeeze the juice in there.
>>
>>7719606
Thursday is gaming night, so we go for a takeaway. Either indian or chinese lately, or a kebab if we're feeling lazy.

Sunday breakfast is traditionally supposed to be big and heavy to help ease the saturday night drinking. Whether I've been drinking or not, I like to have an omelette made with whatever meaty leftovers are in the fridge. Especially if I went for a cycling trip on the saturday, because that tends to leave me low on salt.

I eat the same thing for breakfast at work every weekday, but that's because it's cheap and gives me the calories I need for the rest of the day without bloating me so much I don't want to work. Not really a ritual, more habit.
>>
>>7719606
None of those are rituals or routines. It's just your habits.
>>
on saturday mornings my partner and i fry a huge batch of bacon and make bacon sandwiches. its a delicious start to the weekend, and we save the bacon grease for sunday mornings where we use it for lube in our love conquests
>>
I buy bananas, tortilla chips, hummus, and a jar of peanut butter at Wal-Mart every monday. I always have peanut butter and bananas for breakfast at work, I eat peanut butter as a random snack throughout the day, and put it in my protein shakes, and I eat chips+hummus every day when I get home from work, before I start on supper.
>>
>>7722241
You sound like a 7 year old trying to correct his parents lol
>>
>>7722369
Routine used as an adjective describes a regular or habitual action.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.