[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys feel about communal dining? I like meeting new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
How do you guys feel about communal dining?
I like meeting new folks at places that have it.
Trying to find a nice place in Denver where I can be a regular.
>>
>>7719276
>Food orgies

They're okay for a change up.
>>
Never been to a place like that, though I would like to try it for a change.
>>
>>7719276
i eat like a hoover so i eat alone in front of my computer.
>>
>>7719292
I know that feel.
It is work for me not to eat like an animal
>>
>>7719292
Me too when I'm alone, but is it so hard to change your eating habits when you're in a different setting?
>>
I haven't sat down and had a meal with someone in a few months now. The bar I was somewhat a regular to I can't go back to because I drank too much and accused the bartender of shorting my pours.

What do /ck/
>>
>>7719276
Looks dumb desu.
>>
>>7719461
>I can't go back to because I drank

you answered your own qusestion
>>
So fucking stupid and obnoxious.

When I go out to eat, I specifically go with my friends, family, or girlfriend because I wanted to talk to and enjoy the company of said people, not some obnoxious morons jammed in right next to me.

Most restaurants that do 'communal dining' here in the states are places that cater to hipsters with the added benefit that they can jam more people into a tiny, decrepit space.
>>
I have anxiety problems and don't like dealing with strangers so I'd rather go to a restaurant and have my own table.
>>
>>7719848

As far as I can tell, most other people are utter morons, so the probability of running into morons while you eat out is astronomically higher than meeting somebody who would actually be worth eating with.
>>
>eating with other people

can't stand it. even with friends or family.
>>
File: havesomeOC.jpg (466 KB, 1500x1094) Image search: [Google]
havesomeOC.jpg
466 KB, 1500x1094
>>7719276
>>
>>7719276
the same way I feel about communal bathing
DIRTY AND COMMON AND PATHETIC
>>
Not interested.

I really only like associating with people from whom I can benefit, or where we can gain benefit from each other; all business, no small talk. I don't want to deal with their shit, and don't want them in mine. I otherwise like to be alone, enjoying the quiet, doing my own thing, away from the stupids.
>>
>>7719461
You should've just gone back and apologized or whatever, no ttoo hard youre not special they prob see that all the time
>>
>>7719863
You're fedorable
>>
>>7719276
It's like brushing my teeth:

I know it's in my best interest, but I can't bring myself to put in the effort needed to make it work
>>
>>7720050

Marvin is the most proto-hipster ginger you could ever imagine. He learned how to cook in between cardio sets at the gym, plus the occasional bi-curl. He has perfected the art of cardio-athleto-agriculture and has a significant blog dedicated to the subject. Depending on the season, a variety of free range peas, beans, and assorted veg are available from the organic garden planted atop his microhome.

Alvin, mothefucking Alvin, he smirks but we all know that he is dead inside. After graduating from a semi-prestigious university in culinary sciences, he wonders how with a promised $80k a year ended up with these misfits. Some say it's because he didn't actually learn how to cook, others because he was so busy stroking his cock under the table he couldn't do meal prep

Self proclaimed """""Foodies""""" such as Tina and Debbie lust for Marvin's carrot cock like a southern bumpkin is drawn to biscuits and gravy.

Debbie, slightly overweight, knows she hasn't got a chance if Tina pulls a move, but she knows if she gets the muttonchomps sauced then she'll be able to bun his hot dog.

The only one with a half decent chance of getting the mutton pie is Tina, but she's generally too shy to talk to him and a horrifically embarrassing drunk. Double Chins hopes to capitalize on her flaws, hoping she can lick his gooch well before Tina sees his goat.
>>
No.

Call me autistic, but I don't really like meeting people unless it's through "friend of a friend" or having to spend time in the same place because of school/university/work/whatever. I'm fucking terrible at making a decent first impression, though if I get past that, I don't have many problems.

Also, if I have to eat around complete strangers I have no connection to, I end up spending my meal concentrating solely on eating as "properly" (read; autistic rigidity to the point the Queen of England would tell me to lighten the fuck up) as possible to not look like the "slob", inevitably drop a grain of rice or a crumb, and then everyone gets on the floor and walks the dinosaur.
>>
>>7720140

Olivia is done with this shit. She's been on and off the H for a number of years, but her new club fuck just introduced her to cocaine. All she really wants right now is to do a line and get the fuck out of this 12 course micromeal.

Sally's been fucking the gimp for a few years, just to exploit him, but he's silently convinced himself that she loves him. He makes up for their lost love by drinking and eating a lot of pies. Occasionally he watches Kitchen Nightmares and tells himself "he isn't like them" before running off to the freezer for a hamburger bun.

Michale is the only competent cook in this dining room, but of course he is also a raging, middle aged homosexual. His specialty is traditional english cuisine, specifically bangers and mash but he likes to dabble in the art of french charcuterie every now and then. Usually when meatpacker Pierre is around to take wholesale orders.

The Merchant has been in the business a while, he knows what the fuck is up. No matter how shit this meal is, everyone is going to slurp it up like shit from their own ass because god forbid we have a bit of criticism in the 21sjw century. He dipped his taint in the soup, he can't wait for everyone to try it.
>>
>>7720141
While you definitely might be autistic (I'm willing to bet my entire 4chan reputation on this), you're not the problem here. The majority of people are socially awkward to an extent; that's why those types of characters are so popular in movies. The real weirdos are those people who go in balls deep and just start talking to strangers all Willy nilly.
>>
>>7720140
>carrot cock
goddamnit i need to use this as an insult asap.
>>
>>7719276
I think there's a nice soup kitchen on the 16th Street Mall
>>
>>7719276
>Trying to find a nice place in Denver where I can be a regular.
Wurstkuche
>>
>>7719276
I eat at my eating table, which coincidentally is also my computer table.
>>
>>7719276
company when dining is only useful if you're eating at a place with slow service

honestly, as soon as I have food in front of me, I hone in on just savoring every bite of the well-prepared meal I've ordered.

conversation is good for all the gaps inbetween
>>
File: You.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
You.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>7719276
If you take your gf/wife out to communal dining you are just setting yourself up to be cucked.
>>
>>7721223
Perma virgin detected.
You fucking naive cretin.
>>
>>7719276
God i hate white people
>>
>>7721250
>>7721309
I hate cucks.
>>
I don't know about you guys, but all the communal tables I've been to have been pretty normal. They're pretty much normal tables just all bunched up together. In my experience, no one outside of your party talks to another party. It's just a way to save space.
>>
>>7721630
98% of people are garbage, and chances are I've already met all of the people I'm going to like
>>
>>7721630
Why would you? You go with a friend and you guys order what you want. Everyone else at the table came in with different people and ordered what they wanted. There's no reason to talk to someone next to you. It's like sitting at one longass booth.
>>
>>7719276

i hate people way to much to spend $100 to share a table with a bunch of faggots and have to fake smile while some college dropout cooks for me
>>
>>7719276
> Constant babble of noise
> Small talk with people you don't care about
> No elbow room

No thanks.
>>
>>7721051
This may sound like collective autism, but when me and one of my good buddies meet for lunch we sit down and silently peruse our menus to immediately decide what we'd like to order before even really exchanging pleasantries or catching up no matter how long it's been since we've seen eachother. We just like to get out shit figgured out before we get immersed in conversation.

We talk the rest of the time, tho. We can enjoy the food wih conversation - it doesn't get in the way.
>>
I dont like eating around other people. Especialy not elbow to elbow next to each other.
>>
File: Dakota Inn-Detroit.jpg (250 KB, 637x478) Image search: [Google]
Dakota Inn-Detroit.jpg
250 KB, 637x478
>>7719276

Ate at the Dakota Inn in Detroit several years back and they do a traditional German communal dining thing, though we went with a dozen friends, (it was some kinda Easter party thing) so I didn’t have to sit next to some dweeb.

The food was pretty good but the oompah band was way too loud and you couldn’t talk when they were playing.
>>
6 people is the maximum acceptable party size in any dining situation. Any amount beyond that is an unnecessary burden on wait staff and is too large of a party for you to socialize with. People will inevitably be sat too far away from each other to talk, invalidating the purpose of going out for a meal together.
>>
What would a /ck/ communal table look like?
>>
>>7722508
>being this autistic
>>
Why so many deletions?
This thread was not out of control.
These new mods are out of control
>>
>>7723176

>Implying he's wrong
>>
File: completelystraight.png (684 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
completelystraight.png
684 KB, 1280x800
>>7719276
Way down in our beloved Dixie we have many eateries featuring communal dining. It's the only time we see black and white folk interacting with smiles on their faces.
>>
>>7721010
>Wurstkuche
Sadly this place closed a few months ago
>>
>>7724965
Damn, I moved away in December, so I had no idea.
>>
>>7723623
Yeah I've gotten banned a few times recently when I wasn't breaking any rules and I was discussing food. Just having the wrong opinion is now trolling

Meanwhile, shitposting and spam stay up
>>
>>7723636
I interacted with a nog that was smiling going through my garage while I was smiling with a rifle pointed at the back of his head
>>
>>7724980
Things that didn't happen: the post
>>
>>7724980
there's something very strange about /pol/'s prevalence all over this goddamn site
it's annoying when it shows up in a thread about religion or books, but when it starts showing up in discussions about hot dogs and spices it's just fucking hilarious
>>
>>7724978
Who exactly do you think is doing most of the shitposting and spam?

Also, every time I point out that the mods are directly responsible for most of the shit on this board, I end up getting banned for some very minor shit, so that's proof enough for me.
>>
I can't imagine enjoying this. I absolutely hate meeting strangers. I haven't made a new friend in a good seven years and it's perfectly okay with me.
>>
>>7725009
It's because 4chan basically pays to host stormfront for them.
>>
>>7725244
>>7725009
I'm as pinko as they come, but I still think /pol/ is a lot more in the spirit of oldschool 4chan than most of the faggot shit posted on this site,
>>
>>7719461

Refer to the 86 rules of boozing. If it's been 6 months, you can go back and apologize, just don't do the same shit.
>>
>>7725310
12 stepper pls go
>>
>>7725251
And what the he'll is with all of the photo deletions?
They are not even sexy or gore or anything offensive.
I am pretty sure hiromootsy let some troll janitor slip by.
This isn't even the work of the vegan mod.
>>
>>7720140
>>7720146

kek
>>
>>7723176
If you've ever been out with a big group you'd understand it usually breaks down into smaller groups any way. You talk more within your inner group and cross-group and entire group discussions are limited.

He has a very valid point and it seems you have a severe lack of understanding in social psychology
>>
>>7726611
yes but if you arrive without a group you are still talking to new people
>>
>>7725183
I thought there was a reply to this but it looks like it was deleted, but in any case I agree. New mod style is the shitpost version of moderation
>>
It's fucking stupid, I can't even stand sitting with my gross ass family, why would I want to sit with gross ass strangers? Not that every person is gross, but from what I've seen my autism wouldn't let me handle faggots chewing with their mouth open, acting like a big manchild about food (like picky eaters), and all the other extreme annoyances. I also don't care about meeting strangers in a restaurant.
>>
File: red paint bucket_full.gif (39 KB, 270x335) Image search: [Google]
red paint bucket_full.gif
39 KB, 270x335
>>7724978
>>7725183
Its garbage. Someone asked about my keyboard in the background of a picture so I included a picture of it along with my long food review and I get banned for having an "off topic image that does not pertain to food".

So look at this 'go style 'za xDDD
>>
>>7727406
I can top that -last month I got a six month ban for ban evasion when I wasn't evading any ban

All my posts were deleted too, many of them constructive and carefully written

Needless to say, I reset my modem, fuck that shit

Inb4 everything I posted today gets deleted, it's not like I'm trying not to shitpost anymore
>>
File: hotpocket-munchers.jpg (132 KB, 761x374) Image search: [Google]
hotpocket-munchers.jpg
132 KB, 761x374
>>7727406
>>7727415

Mods are faggots.

They have so little power in their lives they have to take it out on humor.
>>
>>7720141
kay you're autistic
>>
>>7720140
>>7720146
Enjoyed/10
>>
One day I'd like to open up a smoked meat place that has a nice roaring fire in it and just have what is basically a buffet of all the normal things you eat with "barbecue" and plenty of bread.

You pay a flat price at the door and eat as much as you want. Beer, ale, whatever is available.

Everyone will have a good time, as that's the way I like to eat with my friends. We often just get together and sit out a big table, dump everything that was cooked/smoked/baked in the middle, and then chow down whilst drinking and having a good time.
>>
>>7728349
Open it anon... they will come
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.