[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cook your chicken breasts if you don't have an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160527_181736467_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160527_181736467_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
How do you cook your chicken breasts if you don't have an oven? I only have a stovetop atm and I usually bake them so I'm just winging it.
>>
>>7718802

Strait on the mother fucking element hibachi grill style.
>>
Cast iron skillet. Just cook it in some oil.
>>
fucked up and they're tough as hell. Dammit.
>>
>>7718843
Next time, either marinate them beforehand or butterfly them and stuff them with herbs and butter; it'll help. Heavy pan, cooking oil of your choice. Use an instant thermometer to make your life easier.
>>
>>7718873
Thanks anon. Will rosemary and thyme be good herbs for the butterfly?
>>
>>7718802
brining helps, but you cant sear it after you've brined it. get a cast iron grill pan, that works well with brined chicken breasts.

Braising works well too, especially if you have bone in. Even boneless skinless will work, you just have to add some fat to the mixture and cook it less time. Cook some prosciutto until crispy, remove, brown some boneless skinless, remove, add anchovies and cook until they melt, sautee onions and garlic, deglaze with stock or wine, add diced tomatoes and chicken, add dried herbs of your choice, cover and cook on low until done, hit with some fresh herbs at the end, its good as shit.

Adding some veggies of your choice to that makes it a more wholesome meal
>>
>>7718886
Yeah, that'd work. I'm a fan of garlic and basil myself but any sort of spice blend that goes well with chicken would work.
>>
File: chigin.png (622 KB, 581x610) Image search: [Google]
chigin.png
622 KB, 581x610
>>7718821

Reverse sear: cook at low temp until 90% cooked, then turn pan up to medium-high and sear. Should be done cooking in the center by the time you're done searing.

Or just find the perfect temperature to cook at so that it's seared and finished cooking internally, it's a bit trickier this way.
>>
>>7718802
>Chicken breast
>Winging it

So close
>>
>>7718922

top ten thread of all time
>>
>>7718922
I love that pic
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.