[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What microwave does /ck/ use? I'm getting a new one because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: lightning.png (331 KB, 617x596) Image search: [Google]
lightning.png
331 KB, 617x596
What microwave does /ck/ use?

I'm getting a new one because I'm sick of this Emerson one that beeps at 180 fucking decibels every time you push a button with no way to disable it.
>>
>>7718357
>no way to disable it.

Take cover off microwave. Find the buzzer and disconnect one of the wires from it. Problem solved.
>>
>>7718357

why not just rip the speaker or whatever out of it
>>
>>7718378
>>7718384
I would if I was broke, it's easier just to buy one that doesn't do that. Not to mention it won't beep when finished if I do that.
>>
Not letting this die while there's a fucking chicago pizza thread on the front page.

NOW WHAT FUCKING MICROWAVE DO YOU USE GOD DAMN IT
>>
The one that came with the house, they all do the same fucking thing, last time I checked the EM spectrum wasn't branded.
>>
>>7718357
I never understood why microwaves beep so fucking loud. Isn't the whole purpose of a microwave to heat up food real quick when you're drunk or stoned at 3am while trying to not wake your parents/roomates?
>>
>>7718357
Warming tortillas
Sometimes baking potatoes
Cooking bacon in rack
Melting chocolate for baking
Reheating tea
Reheating taco meat or chili or spaghetti
>>
>>7718482
>they all do the same fucking thing
On paper, yeah. I've had a couple that refuse to pop a bag of popcorn without burning it.

>>7718538
The one I've got is abysmal. It fucking echoes.
>>
None, I use a real oven because I am an adult.
>>
>>7718999
(you)
>>
>>7718357
You should either get a Palmer combi microwave or the new Greg microwave that lets you adjust the volume
>>
>>7718999
Minus the pretentious attitude, this. I don't want to waste valuable counter space and would rarely use one so it isn't worth investing in mounting one.
>>
>>7718357
>Top of the line GE SS machine
>Beeps every 10 seconds FOREVER until you open the door
>Drinking, put in Hot Pocket
>Fall asleep on couch
>Seven hours later, still beeping
>>
>>7719287
I only really use mine to make quick popcorn, nuke potatoes, or thaw something if I'm in a huge hurry. My friends mostly use it and will bitch if I don't have one.
>>
>>7719428
Fucking hate this shit. It's a motherfucking microwave. You don't set your house on fire if you forget you microwaved something. Beep once and shut the fuck up! My neighbors are trying to sleep.

Really happy with mine right now actually. Its a super cheap model with a bell that just dings once when it's done. Fuck beepers.
>>
I don't own a microwave, or a television, or a car. I only write with fountain pens (piston or vacuum fill ONLY, no eyedropper shit, no cartridge trash, no converter trash). All my knives are carbon steel, my shoes all have leather soles with stacked leather heels, I use a straight razor, my bicycle is steelisreal by a local frame builder, the saddle is leather, and my audio system is 2 channel ONLY, no surround garbage, no subwoofer shit. My stove is gas, my silverware is sterling, I only drink wine from leaded stemware, no plastic shall touch my food. My soap contains Palestinian fair trade olive oil, I do not drink soda stream let alone soda, and I refuse to purchase GMO agricultural products or counterfeit versions of PDO goods

In short, I am better than you. Just thought you might like an alternative perspective on the microwave problem
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.