[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IPAs are a shit meme beer only drank by hipsters that don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: ipa_lagunitas[1].jpg (28 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
ipa_lagunitas[1].jpg
28 KB, 660x371
IPAs are a shit meme beer only drank by hipsters that don't know anything about beer
[Y/N?]
>>
>>7717781
>here's your reply

Try hard faggot
>>
>>7717781
No, I've had one or two that tasted good.

It's the ones who think that just a ton of hops and being extremely bitter make it good and think struggling to drink a beer is a good thing that ruin them.
>>
>>7717781
My dad has been an alcoholic since his 20s, he drinks IPAs sometimes. So probably not, I wouldn't know though.
>>
>>7717781
No. The good ones are full of flavour and are great session beers. IPAs have an awesome history. But for every good one there are 10 improperly made, unbalanced, hopped to shit 'craft' monstrosities that are an insult to the name IPA
>>
>>7717890
*can be great session beers
>>
Of course not.

Now you can delete your thread, OP.
>>
>>7717781
>Implying beer itself isn't a meme
>>
>>7717781
Shitty bait
>>
>>7717781
Yes.

I know a guy who only drinks that shite in your pic. He's an idiot who only cares about getting wasted.
>>
>>7718010
Therefore an old and highly diverse style of beer is a meme? Just because one guy who you don't like drinks it?
>>
>>7718293
It's not just one guy. There's a plague of people who think that shit is the only beer worth drinking and make a big fucking meme-cringy deal about it, when really they just want to get wasted drinking high alcohol beers. They're idiots. I don't hate IPAs, but they are way overrated in the current market and attract an entire group of the population who are morons.
>>
>>7717781
It's a trend m8, something else will come along like it always has. Now I prefer IPAs, but I'll admit I hated them at first. But then I grew to really like bitter drinks. I've got two I drink as my go to, but honestly I'll drink anything with alcohol in it.
>>
>>7717781
Generally true but Lagunitas is good.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446735554504.jpg (74 KB, 720x964) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446735554504.jpg
74 KB, 720x964
>>7717781
Pic related. Every IPA drinker
>>
>>7718300
Yeah in fairness that is true. I made a point in another thread that I hate people who act like they know loads about beer and then when you engage in a conversation with them about it, all they know is a few popular craft ipas and recite tasting notes they read on the bottle and thats the extent of their knowledge. Fucking hate those people.
>>
File: 1313783608811.gif (478 KB, 140x105) Image search: [Google]
1313783608811.gif
478 KB, 140x105
I used to shit all over people's opinions for liking ipa's

I always said they have ruined their tastebuds

now Im one of those faggots with ruined tastebuds. too many strong ales is all it took. I remember when I would drink sierra nevada pala ale and think holy shit this is way too bitter. now it tastes sweet and malty.
>>
File: arrogantbastard.gif (36 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
arrogantbastard.gif
36 KB, 600x550
IPA's used to be okay until there was a meme-off with everyone trying to add more hops, triple hops, dry hops, aggressively hopped or any other shit like that. You can thank the west coast for this shit trend.
>>
Best beer is bourbon, beeing german I stick with Krombacher or Warsteiner. I'll drink anything else as well, beer will be beer.
>>
>>7719554
>You can thank the west coast for this shit trend

that goes for a lot of shit.
>>
>>7719554
Thank goodness that trend of breweries trying to garner attention by making aggressively strong and overhopped IPAs is long dead for the most part, pity it will take /ck/ another half decade to realise it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.